What's new

I need some good "chillin" music! (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
I love to listen to music. When I'm in the car or at home, I always listen to the radio, my mp3s, or I just pop in a CD. But there's always some songs that just don't go well with my relaxing/chillin' mood. So what would you suggest?
Some of my favs:
Angie Stone
Chemical Brothers
Crystal Method
Underworld
Enya
Other New Age music
Dream Theater
Pink Floyd
Eagles
80s music :D
Robert Miles-excellent chillin' music!
Help me expand my list. Give me artists, songs, or even albums. I need an excuse to buy some CDs! :D

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
Thievery Corporation. RUN and get them. What speaks to chillin more than LOUNGE music? All of their albums are awesome (They have 3)

Luc D

Second Unit
Air's first album and their soundtrack to "The Virgin Suicides". A lot of their stuff I don't care for, but some if it is really great. And by the looks of your taste in music, they could be right up your alley.

Rob M

Grip
311 - Transistor
IMO, their best album. "Inner Light Spectrum" has to be one of the best songs to chill out to ever.
Any other 311 fans here?

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
One of my favorite "chill" albums is Arrested Development: Three Years, Five Months, & Two Days in the Life of....

I also like to chill to Incubus: Morning View.

-Dean-

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
311 - Transistor

IMO, their best album. "Inner Light Spectrum" has to be one of the best songs to chill out to ever.

Any other 311 fans here?
I like what I hear on the radio and have been meaning to pick up some of their stuff, but never got around to it.

Dave_P

Stunt Coordinator
311 - Transistor is my favorite album by them. Use of Time is my favorite song on the album. Second would probably be Electricity.

Incubus is a pretty good band. I like a lot of their older stuff. However, Science is a poorly recorded album and is hardly listenable on my system. I haven't picked up Morning View yet, but I soon will solve that little problem.

One of my favorite chillin albums is by a local band called Club D'elf. They play a couple times a month at The Lizard Lounge off of Mass Ave. They have a live album out called As Above-Live at The Lizard Lounge. There are a lot of musicians on this album. John Medeski, Kenwood Dinard, Dr. Didg, and DJ Logic to name a few. The music is discribed as trance jazz. It takes a couple of listens to really appreciate the layers of music on this album. Once your there, your hooked. This is one of my favorite albums.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
...or just about any pre-90's Tangerine Dream, for that matter.
Red House Painters/Mark Kozelek - everything
The Orb - Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld and U.F.Orb
Nick Drake - anything
Air Liquide - The Increased Difficulty of Concentration
Mazzy Star - She Hangs Brightly
Penguin Cafe Orchestra - Music from the Penguin Cafe (or anything else by them)
Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works, Volume 2
Nico - Chelsea Girls
Dead Can Dance - anything
The KLF - Chill Out
Soma - Hollow Earth
Spacemen 3 - anything (including post-projects Spectrum, Experimental Audio Research, and Spiritualized)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
If you want some really relaxing stuff, try Brian Eno's 'Music for Airports' (or indeed any of his other ambient music series).

You might also try the new Mike Oldfield album ('Tres Lunas' I think it's called) which, in the UK at least, also has a free CD-ROM of a music-related video game (I'd tell you what it's like but it made me motion sick - don't let that put you off! I get motion sick incredibly easily).

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I'm not into ambient type music too much, but one I can highly recommend is
St Germain - Tourist

Angelo Badalamenti - Twin Peaks soundtrack
Beastie Boys - The In Sound From Way Out! (a compilation of their funky and jazzy instrumental tracks)
Bob Marley
Moby - Play

NP - The Royal Tenenbaums: Original Soundtrack

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
It depends on what you mean by chillin', but when I'm sitting outside on the patio, I love to listen to Getz/Gilberto w/ "The Girl from Ipanema". Of course, there's Sinatra and there's also a great series of lounge music called "Ultra-Lounge" and each disc has a different them. I really enjoy these discs and I own about half of the collection (20+ total).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks