What's new

UNIVERSAL - Please consider an Uncut Collectors Edition of Conan the Destroyer (1 Viewer)

Josh Davidson

Stunt Coordinator
I think it would be a great idea to release a CE of Conan the Destroyer like was done with Conan the Barbarian. Many Conan fans were dissapointed with the decision to edit the film to receive the PG rating. It would be nice to see this film released with an anamorphic transfer and containing the scenes that were cut out for the theatrical release like was done with the ending in CtB. With interest in fantasy films on the rise once again, I think it would be a great time for a title such as this to be rereleased.
------------------
Me

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
UPDATED: here is the e-mail address so people can write to universal requesting the conan se dvd, if you are not able to call them.. thank you.
[email protected]
I would very much want a Conan The Destroyer CE. There was alot of footage cut for a PG rating. I have a site on actress Sarah Douglas. She played Queen Taramis. www.sarah-douglas.com
I have a petition to get the Conan The Destroyer as CE and to see her missing scenes, that includes a love scene with her and Arnold.
JACOB

Joe D

Supporting Actor
Yes, I would love to see an new cut of Conan the Destroyer, with an R rating. It was rather dumb to make the original cut a PG, so please release this with an R, making it more un par with it's older brother, and much better film, Conan the Barbarian.
------------------
Joe Dahlen
"Take hold of the flame, you've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain."

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
if you read the conan the destroyer novel. it has alot of the missing scenes. Sarah was able to keep her clothes on during the love scene with arnold. the movie would of been rated R for violences. I still want to see the UNCUT VERSION. Maybe a commentary with Sarah and Arnold.
JACOB

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Crom! ...grant me one wish ...grant me the UNCUT Conan the destroyer special collectors edition ......and if you do not listen ....then the HELL with you!
wink.gif

[Edited last by Sean Oneil on July 24, 2001 at 10:29 PM]

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
GOOD ONE! SEAN
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

JACOB
[Edited last by jacob on July 24, 2001 at 10:49 PM]

SeanCon

Auditioning
I will buy Conan the Destroyer Special Edition if you make it the first day it is released. I only buy Special Editions so DO IT! MAke it Rated R like it was intended!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I'd certainly be curious to see another version than the existing one. Take that however you like. :)
But cut footage of this sort is one of the reasons DVD exists. If there's a market for a title, please give the paying fans what they want.
Supergirl got a Limited Edition 2-disc set. Need I say more?
Conan was not meant to be censored!
laugh.gif

------------------
Scott
TheAngryJew's Movie Reviews at HBS.com

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
the conan the barbarian got only a mono soundtrack. the first release of conan the destroyer was also mono. I am not sure about DTS.. but a 5.1 would be nice. who knows.
thanks guys for your support. I knew their were other people who want to see the uncut version just like me!
JACOB
------------------

rhett

Supporting Actor
Conan rules, I would buy Destroyer if the only supplement was an Arnold commentary like the first one. But I'd love to see it uncut and with some cast and crew recollections.
------------------
"Why don't we just wait here for a while...see what happens."

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
I'll fork over some cash for an anamorphic CE of this movie. It'll be a plus if it were uncut.

David-alexander

Stunt Coordinator
Euh, I think it's more important that Universal remasters the mono of CONAN THE BARBARIAN: even if much of the distorsion was remvoded, the PCM on the laserdisc still sound better, often much better. You CAN do better than that 2.0 mono 192kbps...........
Then we can talk about the DESTROYER......

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I heard they couldn't find all the material for the soundtrack for conan the barbarian.. DOn;t quote me on that.
JACOB
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks