-

Photo

True Romance 2-disc SE

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#1 of 38 Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor

• 883 posts

Posted June 11 2002 - 06:08 AM

Warners has a few 2-disc special editions planned for later in the year. Look for: True Romance, Singin' In the Rain and Giant. No specs or dates yet.

#2 of 38 Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,492 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted June 11 2002 - 06:10 AM

It's about time...for all three!

Let's hope Warners can make a decent SE.

#3 of 38 Brook K

Brook K

Lead Actor

• 9,468 posts

Posted June 11 2002 - 06:14 AM

All 3 please
2002 Sight & Sound Challenge: 321  Last Watched: L'enfance Nue
Last 8 Films Watched: In the Loop - A- / It Might Get Loud - B+ / What Just Happened? - B / Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - C- / Drums Along the Mohawk - A- / Punisher War Zone - B+ / Moon - C+ / A Man For All Seasons - B+

#4 of 38 HenrikTull

HenrikTull

Second Unit

• 470 posts

Posted June 11 2002 - 06:16 AM

Oh man oh man oh man. The True Romance cover. "Unrated Director's Cut". My most anticipated release of the year (along with the rest QT movies of course), and since Scott Free has produced the disc I'm sure it will be a real winner.
A Little Slice of Heaven

#5 of 38 Rain

Rain

Producer

• 5,020 posts

Posted June 11 2002 - 06:40 AM

Holy crap! Posted Image

Singin' in the Rain I knew about. The others are a total and very welcome surprise. Don't know how many of you have seen the Canada-only DVD of Giant that was out for a while, but it looks like crap. Consider what Warner has been putting out lately, it should now be getting its due treatment.

I love you, Warner Brothers. Keep 'em coming.

I'm down for all 3 of these!!!!

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon

#6 of 38 Matthew Brown

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor

• 783 posts

Posted June 11 2002 - 07:25 AM

I can't wait for TRUE ROMANCE! I hope it has the aternate ending. I wouldn't mind the theatrical cut also included even though it is inferior to the Director's cut.

Matt
Hong Kong DVD Reviews and News
http://www.loveandbullets.com

New Jersey Punk Rock
http://www.NJPUNKONLINE.COM

#7 of 38 Charles de Lauzirika

Charles de Lauzirika

Second Unit

• 268 posts

Posted June 11 2002 - 07:40 AM

For the record, Scott Free had nothing to do with the creation of the "True Romance" Special Edition DVD. It was produced by Morgan Creek.

#8 of 38 JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,793 posts

Posted June 11 2002 - 07:43 AM

What happened to Warners policy of nothing harder than R for home video releases?? (I know the old version was also Unrated Dir Cut)

#9 of 38 HenrikTull

HenrikTull

Second Unit

• 470 posts

Posted June 11 2002 - 07:46 AM

Quote:
For the record, Scott Free had nothing to do with the creation of the "True Romance" Special Edition DVD. It was produced by Morgan Creek.

Oops. My bad :b

Just thought I remembered an interview with you Mr. Lauzirika where you said Scott Free was working on True Romance SE along with Crimson Tide.
A Little Slice of Heaven

#10 of 38 MikeEckman

MikeEckman

Screenwriter

• 1,087 posts

Posted June 11 2002 - 07:52 AM

Quote:
OOH OOH OOH!!! That means there is a possibility that these might get a DTS track, since we know Morgan Creek was responsible for the DTS track on American Outlaws. Even if it doesnt have one, I will still be buying the new True Romance. The original disc is one of the few Warner DVDs that are non-anamorphic widescreen.
Mike Eckman
Chicago Heights, IL
Music Webpage: http://www.metalreviewcentre.com
Car Webpage: http://www.metalrevi...com/transam.htm

#11 of 38 David Glenn

David Glenn

Second Unit

• 333 posts

Posted June 11 2002 - 08:02 AM

SWEET!!! Great News Indeed.
Xbox Gamertag: WetWork

#12 of 38 Craig_T

Craig_T

Second Unit

• 260 posts

Posted June 11 2002 - 08:13 AM

Damn, I never though we'd see a True Romance: SE. I'm all over that one. Tarantino's stuff is FINALLY being done right on DVD.

#13 of 38 Craig S

Craig S

Producer

• 5,479 posts
  • LocationLeague City, Texas

Posted June 11 2002 - 08:45 AM

Wow! What a great year for QT fans!

I'll be picking up the other two as well. Guess I'd better get my copy of the current Singing In The Rain up on EBay!

Three truths about movies, as noted by Roger Ebert:

* It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.

* No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.

* No good movie is depressing, all bad movies are depressing.

#14 of 38 Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson

Screenwriter

• 2,959 posts

Posted June 11 2002 - 08:50 AM

Excellent!! I was just talking to somebody about True Romance less than 30 minutes ago. What a coincidence. I'm down for all three of those titles.

#15 of 38 Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton

Lead Actor

• 7,588 posts

Posted June 11 2002 - 08:52 AM

Cripes.
3 more discs I need to sell-off.

Argghh. I'm happy to get good stuff, but this is getting to be as bad as upgrading from LD to DVD. Posted Image

#16 of 38 Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted June 11 2002 - 03:11 PM

I'm definitely down for the True Romance Director's cut. My collection has been relatively barren in regards to Tarantino films- Now there will be 4 for me to buy this year. It's a very good year indeed.Posted Image
Recently watched- Lost: Season 2, Dracula(1979), Lost: Season 1, True Grit(2010), Tales From The Crypt: Season 1, 300: Rise Of An Empire 3D, Noah, Sin City, Phantom Of The Paradise, 300, The Final Terror, Willow, The Bank Job, One Hour Photo, Gone Baby Gone, Horrible Bosses, Buried

Currently watching- Planet Earth, The Twilight Zone: Season 1, Cheers: Season 6, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, Simon & Simon: Season 3, Lost: Season 3, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, The Walking Dead: Season 4

"Namaste...and good luck'."

#17 of 38 Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted June 11 2002 - 03:17 PM

Quote:
The original disc is one of the few Warner DVDs that are non-anamorphic widescreen.

Curses! Posted Image It's been a while since I looked at the specs on the back of this DVD. Oh well...considering how I really dig this film, it looks as though I'll be double-dipping again! Let's hope for a 5.1 track this time around...
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

#18 of 38 Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter

• 1,144 posts

Posted June 11 2002 - 11:31 PM

For those wondering how we are getting the unrated cut when Warners gets gunshy at the NC-17, it is because Morgan Creek is exercising their independent authority to release one. The deal they have for distribution at WB gives them total control over prints, advertising, and video releases. WB is obligated to do as they wish.

(Similarly, it was Arnon Milchan and Regency's equity stake in Oliver Stone's NATURAL BORN KILLERS that allowed them to shop it around to Trimark to have an uncut version released. So any time a major independent or producer is involved with a studio film, that is a place to zero in on for demanding uncut product. Sometimes, they can pull it off.)

The unrated cut has always been available on tape, laserdisc, and an early DVD. What I'm anxious to see are whatever extras they have dug up on one of my favorite movies.

(sigh) Now if only it was Morgan Creek or Regency and not WB that owned PERFORMANCE, THE FOX, THE DEVILS, and all the other X-level classics we've been denied on DVD.
"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal

#19 of 38 LeeL

LeeL

Stunt Coordinator

• 119 posts

Posted June 12 2002 - 12:57 AM

I'm just hoping like hell that Singin' In The Rain doesn't have the cigarette burns in the corner of the screen every 10 minutes.

Why doesn't THAT one get an unrated director's cut? Posted Image

Make everyday a celebration of your love.
Surprise her with pasta salad.
Put a mini-beret on your wang.

My Collection

#20 of 38 kevin_asai

kevin_asai

Stunt Coordinator

• 218 posts

Posted June 12 2002 - 01:42 AM

I am hoping Warner Bros Home Video gonna release Shawshank Redemption: SE soon...

Forum Nav Content I Follow