What's new

OK, Paramount! Give us STUDENT BODIES! (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I would have thought this a no-brainer, what with the Scary Movie flicks turning some tidy profits. Paramount should hop on board the "spoof resurgence" and release this 1981 ridiculously silly slasher satire!
Horse Head Bookends and "The Breather"! And you gotta love the running body count that appears onscreen.
Bottom Line: Any movie that features murder by eggplant is a DVD I want to own.
Anyone with me on this one, or am I the only 29-year old man who remembers the "ejaculating telephone" gag?
Or "Argh! I'm gonna kill the kid with the gum!"
I know Student Bodies probably isn't on Paramount's "to release this decade" list, but dammit - I'd buy one!
121571.jpg

------------------
Scott

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I once saw a used laserdisc of this for sale, I'm now kicking myself for not buying it (I do have a VHS copy, but it's not the same.) This is the only movie I know of that has a rating tag in the MIDDLE of the movie!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Y'know, I'd forgotten all about this one. Bring it on! I'll buy it.
Also, how about the similarly-themed comedy (not quite a spoof), Pretty Maids All In A Row? Written by Gene Roddenberry(!), starring Rock Hudson, Angie Dickenson (schwing), and featuring Telly Savalas, Roddy McDowell, and James "Scotty" Doohan. 1971 MGM release directed by Roger "Barbarella" Vadim. I'd love that film on DVD, too!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Was just talking about this film over the weekend. I too would gladly add this title to my collection. Come on Paramount!

Jodee

Screenwriter
I finally tracked down this laserdisc a few years ago. I'd replace it with a widescreen DVD in a heartbeat.
"Talking? During horse-head bookends?!?"

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
Yes, Paramount...PLEASE release this one! I saw it on HBO one night and it was hysterical! I'd definitely pick this one up.
And PLEASE do NOT change the cover artwork. That VHS artwork is classic!
[Edited last by Wes Ray on September 04, 2001 at 03:59 PM]

tyler O

Stunt Coordinator
After my sister bought a copy off of e-bay for me, since it was one of my all time favorites (not quite 2001 or Fight Club, but still...) I love horror films and always have and since catching this on a late night showing and catching hell for not being in bed on time the next morning, my life became a furtive, wasted effort at attempting to locate those two magic words together in the movie guide section of TVGuide. Granted the VHS is nice for when the mood strikes, DVD would serve even better. Hopefully I can get my self a copy and paperclip it somewhere between my horse head bookends...
Shamelessly copied and pasted from myself to/from the other thread re:Student Bodies in order to garner some attention to/from both threads. No legality or illegality is implied or consented to/from these statements. All is permitted. Nothing is allowed.
------------------
Share and Enjoy - The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I love horror, and I usually enjoy spoofs, so I obviouly love this film. To tell you the truth, this is my absolute favorite spoof of all time! I would by it on DVD in a heartbeat! Extras would be cool, and I agree that you need to KEEP the same cover art!

rhett

Supporting Actor
I've tried finding this movies in video stores with no success whatsoever. I love slasher films, and spoofs are always a good laugh, so I know I would love Student Bodies. If it is ever released on DVD I would pick it up ASAP. Looks like the perfect release to coinside with the Scary Movie 2 DVD release. Please Paramount!
------------------
Help urge Fox to release Terror Train on DVD Uncut!
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/003324.html

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I'd buy "Student Bodies" on DVD. (It's not available on VHS any more to I believe.) Please Paramount?

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Yes, this would get added to the collection without fail. Also, I'd like to see "Saturday the 14th" ,(though I'm not sure it's Paramount).

-Lyle J.P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks