What's new

Are the Universal Monsters coming back? (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know these things were being pulled from the shelves until they were gone. I would love to get The Mummy, Invisible Man and Creature from the Black Lagoon. Any word on when or if they are coming back?

-Ric

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
Ric,
I don't know 100% for certain, but I believe they will be re-issued-at a cheaper price-this fall, in time for Halloween.

M

MaxY

They are gone for good, the only way to get them now is to pay the extreme high prices on E-bay, so in order to help you out, I am willing to sell you mine at the low low cost of $100 EACH. ;)
Actually I think they will be re-released in the fall with some new ones as well.
Max

Sarah S

Second Unit
I hope they will. I'm missing almost all the double-features as well as Creature. Right now, I plan on keeping a watch at my local used shops.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
I'm cerain they will come back. Universal owns these characters outright and they consistently generate a tremendous amount of money on licensed products. U will have to have the films out there on DVD to keep priming the cash cow.

BTW, I was able to fill in the holes on my collection of the first series through Columbia House. I picked up THE WOLF MAN, THE INVISIBLE MAN and THE CREATURE from them last month. Check there if you are having trouble finding them (they are even available for enrollment)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Actually I think they will be re-released in the fall with some new ones as well.
Rumor has it that there are no new classic horror titles to be released this fall from Universal. Really disappointing for me. They have many more great horror titles in their vaults. :frowning:
All I can say is with this and the price gouging for the Original ET Universal is going on my sh#% list. :thumbsdown:

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I have the box set of the clasic monsters. I hope they do a box set of the double featureed DVDs. That would look good on the rack along with my abott and costello meet the monsters DVDs.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I was slowly collecting these. I have all the Frankensteins, The Wolf Man and Dracula, but there are so many more I wanted to pick up. I hope we hear official word soon, or it may be back to Ebay or Columbia House for me!

Ric

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps Universal might see fit to give us some additional monster flicks such as the rest of the Creature movies & the one that really should be available "The Incredible Shrinking Man"!:emoji_thumbsup:

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Never say never again. I'd bet my left gonad that the Universal Monsters will rise again on dvd at some point. That said, the current discs are really nice.

George_Reis

Stunt Coordinator
A spokeswoman got back to me regarding Universal's Halloween plans, and she let me know that there were no more new-to-DVD monster films planned for this year. Universal's Halloween schedule (slated for August) was made up of mostly VHS reissues.

M

MaxY

My Offer of $100 Each still stands.
And if you go for 5 or more then I will sell them at $75 each. :D
Just kidding. I think ummm but make me an Offer. :)
I surprised they aren't selling all over EBay yet?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Max,

I'll give you 30 bucks each for Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Mummy and The Invisible Man.

That's a whole 2 cents above SRP!

-Ric

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
A spokeswoman got back to me regarding Universal's Halloween plans, and she let me know that there were no more new-to-DVD monster films planned for this year. Universal's Halloween schedule (slated for August) was made up of mostly VHS reissues.
Well, that really sucks. I was really thinking we'd be getting the Invisible Man and Creature sequels, along with Incredible Shrinking Man. Maybe the double-features performed poorly. No wonder, when stores like Best Buy were charging full price.

M

MaxY

It is going to take more then a few cents profit, to get them out of me. :)
Seriously, I would not sell mine unless someone offered something crazy. Everything is for sale, the main question is at what price.
Max

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I just picked up Phantom of the Opera from CH to meet one of my fullfillment seclections for joing the DVD club. Earlier I picked up all of the Classic Monsters that I did not already own. It seems though now all they have is Phantom in stock along with A&C Meet Frankenstein which I don't think was put OOP.

J

Tom B. Stones

Stunt Coordinator
I was one of those who nabbed a copy of the box set from Amazon at the last moment, having been alerted to their disappearance right here. Now I see a "trade rumor" that some of the titles may be issued in Britain - along with at least one (and here it gets most interesting) which was not out in the US, "The Raven". Could "The Raven" also be coming to R1? (And how about "The Black Cat" while you're at it, Universal?)
Link: Link Removed .
I took hope recently from the R1 release of "It Came from Outer Space" in a pleasing edition, but I too am crying out for "The Incredible Shrinking Man".

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
What a shame that Universal isn't releasing anymore catalog Horror films this year. Well, I guess some of my lasers will enjoy a longer viewing lifespan in my house.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks