What's new

Scarlet Letter is 1.33 (1 Viewer)

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
Scarlet Letter from Buena Vista was listed as 16.9 Enhanced but the actual DVD release is 1.33. Why would Disney do this??? This is not acceptable. How can one contact Disney....they should release at OAR. This is no family movie.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I highly doubt Disney wants to spend any more money than they should on this turkey. (Read: make a new 16x9 version)

The DVD probably has the TV transfer in its low-res glory.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
That particular version deserves to be released in an aspect ratio of 0:1.
I usually hate threadcrapping, and I actually have no opinion of the film in question, but it'd be funny to suggest a 1:0 AR, as dividing by 0 is impossible. So not only wouldn't the film be viewable, it couldn't even exist. ;)
DJ

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Now, now. Everyone has favorite films that are not beloved by everyone, but they should all still be released in OAR. Not a lot of people cared about "Snow Dogs" either, but even if you don't care about this title, the next P&S hatchet job may be one you do care about which is why we need to protest every one.
Disney Contact Info (from DaViD Boulet's sig):
Call 1-800-72-DISNEY & email [email protected] and tell them you won't buy P/S-only DVDs!!!

PatrickL

Deceased Member
Poor as the movie may be, one of its pleasures is the cinematography by Alex Thomson (who also shot Branagh's "Hamlet," Roeg's "Eureka" and "Track 29" as well as "Legend," and "Labyrinth") I might have purchased this disc for that reason, but not now.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I actually liked this movie, it was 2.35 and released in widescreen on laserdisc; why the hell would they put this out in pan and scan??

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
To clarify one point....it is the 1995 version. I don't actually know if it is 1.33. I saw it in a store and the package is marked 1.33. If anyone has this DVD, perhaps they can confirm if it is indeed 1.33. Disney has been known for package errors. The intent of this thread was not to debate the merits of the film but rather point out the possibility of another example of 1.33 only release rather than OAR.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks