What's new

WARNER - Fearless Vampire Killers? (1 Viewer)

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Sure I'm In Jeff
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
C:WINDOWSDesktopbsmoke.art
" Chicks cannot hold dey smoke, that's what it is "

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
MGM - I adore this film. Please give it the 16x9 transfer it so duly deserves.
I will buy it in a heartbeat as soon as it's released and that's a promise that won't be broken.
------------------
"Here lies Ash Buchanan, protected by the Ejaculation of Serpents" - coming to DVD on 21st August 2001

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I'm with ya Jeff, count me in too.
AKA Dance of the Vampires, it's a classic Polanski horror comedy.
A remastered DVD of this movie would be fantastic!
I would buy it in a flash.
And Sharon Tate was gorgeous, mmmmmmm!

rhett

Supporting Actor
ANY Polanski film deserves DVD treatment, and this is one of his finer cinematic moments! I would pick this up in a second, bare bones or not!
------------------
"Why don't we just wait here for a while...see what happens."

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Hate to rain on your parade, people, but someone would have if not I - Warner Bros. now owns this film. Pull up a chair and plan on spending the next decade waiting for this one.

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I don't know why my first reply wouldn't show up, so please excuse me if this is a double post, but I would definitely like to see this one on DVD regardless of who owns the rights. I've heard a lot about this movies through the years, but haven't had a chance to watch it. Count me in for this one, M.G.M or Warner Bros, whoever owns it.
------------------
Help urge Fox to release Terror Train on DVD Uncut!
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/.../003324.html#0

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
Yes, count me in. I've always loved this Polanski classic. It looks stunning in wide-screen, so I hope it doesn't come out in the compromised ratio that we sometimes get on DVD with older Panavision movies.

John Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
You know,
This subject keeps coming up on this forum - Jeff, thanks for bringing it up again. The Fearless Vampire Killers needs to be released on DVD as it has a substantial following...when it's released, I'm sure sales of the disk will prove this. This is too unique a movie to see it not released on DVD...it deserves anamorphic widescreen video, quality audio tracks (the soundtrack is excellent), and any extras possible such as deleted scenes(?), director's or actors' commentaries, inclusion of the animated sequence at the beginning of the film which isn't in all versions, etc.
Glenn Erickson (The DVD Savant) who as far as I can tell sure appears to be a fan of this film, mentioned to me via email less than a year ago that because this movie is MGM pre-1985, "it's in the hands of Turner/Warner".
Warner, please put this very humorous but eerie vampire spoof on your release schedule - you won't regret it...thanks.
John

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I'm happy to add my voice to this new effort to get FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS, preferably with extra features (the alternate cartoon opening sequence, "ALL EYES ON SHARON TATE" featurette, isolated music score, etc), on Region 1 DVD.
C'mon, Warner, there are many of us more interested in purchasing DVDs of films made prior to 1990. By the way, thanks much for finally giving CITIZEN KANE and THE MUMMY ('59) the nod on DVD...I hope this is the beginning of a new trend, and not just an anomaly in your marketing strategy.

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Moses; "Warner, oper your grain silos!"
Warner; "They are for the gods alone!"
Moses and all good HTF slaves revolt and pry open Warners grain silos, releasing a tidal wave of new dvd titles, nourishing the deprived population.
Sigh, if only!
frown.gif

John Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
Folks,
I understand Warner will be participating in an upcoming chat; although I won't be participating, could someone take it upon themselves to ask about Fearless Vampire Killers? It would be greatly appreciated by everyone who's a fan of this movie. Heck, I'll even sign the petition du jour for any movie you want released on DVD :)
By the way, for those of you who've never seen this film, you owe it to yourselves to check it out and see the subtle but very effective performance by the late Sharon Tate (who was of course tragically murdered by Charlie Manson and his followers). Sharon was unfortunately cut down in the prime of her life to use a cliche, and this movie serves as a testament to her beauty which at least in this film, was tinged with a sexual innocence.
Warner, we beseech you! Release F.V.K. on DVD, por favor. Gracias.
John

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Sounds like a good idea to me!
Hmmmm, after reading that article, I think Anchor Bay should get the rights to this and produce one of their 2-disc sets (featuring the original and American versions on separate discs). That'd be a cool L.E.!
I've also been enlightened - I thought the movie seemed a little off-kilter when I first saw it on VHS years ago...
------------------
sgon.jpg

"Death's at the bottom of everything, Martins - leave death to the professionals!"
"Mind if I use that line in my next Western?"
[Edited last by SteveGon on August 09, 2001 at 12:29 AM]

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
My sincere thanks to all of the members (albeit, too few) supporting the release of this great film. For us, it appears we will have to continue with this dual struggle of a lack of interest and Warner's pathetic control. How sad.
frown.gif
Maybe one day this classic will find its way to a great company like Anchor Bay. Ah, to dream.
I would humbly ask all of the members of HTF who have not had the opportunity to see Fearless Vampire Killers to consider the following. The next time you need to take your VCR for a test run (just to make certain it is still working), do yourself a great favor and rent the VHS version of this film. I am certain you will then see what makes this release so desirable to its passionate fanbase. Thank you for listening.
------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I have the laser for this great film but I would gladly upgrade it. What I'm hoping is that a Warner executive will be visited by the ghost of DVD past, present & future and will wake up in the morning with a whole new outlook on DVDs. No more Bah Humbug!

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
Twistedly, one almost wishes that this was still with MGM, I bet they would've released it on DVD by now. At least if WB ever gets around to it there's no way it can be considered a "family" film. That means 2.35:1 in all it's glory
------------------
Dear MGM : Quality over quantity & Consistency!
I didnt play Dungeons and Dragons all those years and not learn something about courage.
--Bernie Faulkner

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Just wanted to go on record to say I'd buy one too.
------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

"People always clap for the wrong things." - J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks