What's new

From DVDFile, Mary Tyler Moore complete 1st season coming to dvd.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
According to www.dvdfile.com the complete first season of the Mary Tyler Moore show is coming to dvd on 9/24. What a surge of classic tv on dvd and in complete season sets. :)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

GREAT NEWS INDEED!
24 episodes on 4 discs, plus lots of bonuses! And in stereo to boot!!
All 7 seasons of this show will be worth buying.
It appears to me to be kind of an odd photo of Mary that they chose for the front cover .... but I love it anyhow. :)
I wonder if Bob Newhart, Rhoda, and Phyllis will follow suit on DVD?? :)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have been holding back on other TV series purchases, but this is a series I will definitely be buying. This is one of my all-time favorite TV series.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Sounds good! I hope they are uncut and have the original MTM logos, then I'll be pretty much satisfied.

I hope they release The Bob Newhart Show, Newhart, WKRP, Hill Street Blues, and St. Elsewhere with similar treatment.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Ken,

St. Elsewhere, I fear, will be a slightly smaller clearance nightmare, as it used COVERS of popular songs.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I was on the fence about this series, but I just LOVE the box & disc art. Yet another series to commit to.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Way cool

Seems I'll be making my first purchase of a TV show on DVD!

Jeff Koch

Stunt Coordinator
All I can say is thank God Fox is releasing this and not Columbia House. $49.95 retail for the entire first season is extremely reasonable.

Jeff

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Well this thread wont be complete til Dave Lambert posts, but I have to say that I would have bought this no matter what - if any of you remember the VHS releases about 7 years ago (there were about 8 of them) of MTM I got them all, and to see this on DVD is amazing

and this has to be the BEST looking TV set so far - what a fantastic design theme - perfect for the series and it just looks tremendous

I cant WAIT for this one

And Bob Newhart too I would gladly get.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Well this thread wont be complete til Dave Lambert posts
Okay, thread is done. It can be closed now. ;)
Actually, I saw it on DVDFile this morning and was gonna be the first to relay the info to HTF, but then the missus screamed at me that we were gonna be late for work... :D

Matthew H

Second Unit
I really enjoyed MTM...but I'm not positive on buying it just yet. However, I'd love Bob Newhart. :)

Users who are viewing this thread