Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Disney - Bring 'Spirited Away' to DVD A.S.A.P.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Elak Swindell

Elak Swindell

Agent

• 25 posts

Posted October 08 2001 - 05:18 AM

Hayao Miyazaki has recently released his new masterpiece, Spirited Away, over in Japan. It looks like a mix of 'My Neighbor, Tortoro' and Pixar's 'Monsters, Inc.'. I know Disney has been sitting on the DVD and video release of his great 'Laputa' film, which is completely uncalled for. If they do not wish to honor fans with this excellent movie at this time, then PLEASE bring out 'Spirited Away' on DVD in the best form as possible. Disney, do not strive for a English dub track right now. Just bring out the original audio and soundtrack in DD 5.1 like 'Princess Mononoke'. And STOP SITTING ON 'LAPUTA'! It makes absolutely no sense financially to do so. The more you make fans, like myself, wait to see it on DVD, the more irritated we are going to get toward your delayed releases.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted October 09 2001 - 05:57 AM

Don't hold your breath, if I were you, I'd get an R2 DVD player. All of the Japanese Miyazaki releases have subtitles

According to latest intel, Disney has to wait to release Laputa until Japan has had it for 6 months, which means around a year wait

Jeff Kleist

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Elak Swindell

Elak Swindell

Agent

• 25 posts

Posted October 12 2001 - 07:00 AM

Where can I purchase a good region free DVD player at a low cost? So, you're telling me the 'Laputa' DVD has been out in Japan for less than 6 months now? I hadn't even heard about its release over there until you brought it up.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted October 12 2001 - 03:10 PM

Laputa is coming out in Japan in 2002 according to Studio Ghibli's page

This page has a translation of their current schedual:
http://www.nausicaa....eo/release.html

You probably want the Malata player from http://www.avdeals.com. It runs $300, converts PAL to NTSC and is region free. Cheaper than that, you'd have to region hack a DVD-ROM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users