Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

printer ink cartridges

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Tom Weeks

Tom Weeks

Stunt Coordinator

• 73 posts

Posted May 29 2002 - 06:30 AM

Has anyone here have any experience with those cartridge refill kits with the hypodermic needle that you use to REFILL the old cartridge rather than just buying a new one? Do they work or do they just make a mess?

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark

Screenwriter

• 2,181 posts

Posted May 29 2002 - 02:38 PM

They can work, they can make a mess, they can also not work properly if the ink is too thick or thin. You might have to try it yourself and see.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon

Screenwriter

• 2,071 posts

Posted May 29 2002 - 06:50 PM

I've had some good experience with them, but you can only refill a cartridge so many times. Make sure to not let them dry out too much, and make sure that they're clean before replacing them. As for the mess-if you follow the instructions it should be fine, but good to do on some paper towels or something just in case. I filled the cartridges on my printer five or six times out of a $30 kit, so they're well worth the money.
XBox Live Gamertag:ChrisBardon

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Brad_V

Brad_V

Second Unit

• 356 posts

Posted May 29 2002 - 07:20 PM

They work fine. But, if you do a google search, you can find cartridges (for some models anyway) pretty cheap. $6 for a drop-in cartridge isn't so bad. Refilling is still cheaper, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users