What's new

printer ink cartridges (1 Viewer)

Tom Weeks

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone here have any experience with those cartridge refill kits with the hypodermic needle that you use to REFILL the old cartridge rather than just buying a new one? Do they work or do they just make a mess?

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
They can work, they can make a mess, they can also not work properly if the ink is too thick or thin.

You might have to try it yourself and see.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I've had some good experience with them, but you can only refill a cartridge so many times. Make sure to not let them dry out too much, and make sure that they're clean before replacing them. As for the mess-if you follow the instructions it should be fine, but good to do on some paper towels or something just in case. I filled the cartridges on my printer five or six times out of a $30 kit, so they're well worth the money.

Brad_V

Second Unit
They work fine. But, if you do a google search, you can find cartridges (for some models anyway) pretty cheap. $6 for a drop-in cartridge isn't so bad. Refilling is still cheaper, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks