What's new

New Line - Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me Deleted Scenes Please ! (1 Viewer)

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
Another Request for Deleted Scenes that David Lynch chose to be included on the Upcoming Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me DVD. Please don't drop these from the release !
-John

John-I admire your passion and tenacity on this. I agree wholeheartedly and ache for this and the other Lynch releases. If only I had more time and resources, I would mobilize others in a mass mailing campaign, but I'm totally swamped. Thanks for fighting the good fight! I'm sure one day we'll all look back on this and laugh (not).

GregBarron

Agent
I also would like for the Twin Peaks disc to include the deleted scenes. I would definitely buy this DVD if it had them on the disc.

John CW

Supporting Actor
Good work John! :) We had a massive thread going before the forum move... now we've lost it!
frown.gif

Read about the current state of ALL Twin Peaks stuff on DVD here:

http://www.dvddebate.com/article.php?sid=1917

~ John W

------------------
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me DVD
Fight for the Deleted Scenes Petition

http://www.geocities.com/fwwmfight

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
Has anyone heard anything about this title. It keeps popping up on the Bits Rumor Mill as late 2001. I'm wondering if there is any truth to it.
-John

John CW

Supporting Actor
Hmmmm! I know what you mean! :)
No news yet hombre, but keep those fingers crossed!
wink.gif

~ John
------------------

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
I've sent multiple emails to New Line over the past year so hopefully they will come through for us! :)
Gregory

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
All I know is that after waiting this long and knowing that they have been negotiating for the Deleted Scenes all this time, if it isn't released with Deleted Scenes, I will have lost my faith in New Line.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Give me a freakin break!
We all want the deleted scenes.....
But to say something like:
All I know is that after waiting this long and knowing that they have been negotiating for the Deleted Scenes all this time, if it isn't released with Deleted Scenes, I will have lost my faith in New Line.
Is just stupid..... (not a personal slam)
This is a matter of budget and sales estimates.
The idea is for New Line (which does and EXCELLENT job on just about EVERY DISC they release!) evaluate the cost of the deleted material and
see how that impacts the cost to produce the disc. If the cost overshadows the sales estimates, then why would New Line go into this release for a loss.
New Line is already into the hole here for spending on all the restoration and commentary by Lynch on these deleted scenes. It's a company that trying
to extort additional moneys from New line for the rights to the material that is holding things up.
Your anger is aim in the wrong direction
Dugger

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I hope New Line decides to include the deleted scenes regardless of their projections. I think that including them will have a much better chance of recouping their cost due to the enthusiasm that will be generated by doing so, than the disappointment (warranted or not) that will result if they do not. Selling more of a good product is a product of effective marketing, and a strong support from the fans for an exceptional product will help them reach their goals.
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

John CW

Supporting Actor
quote: New Line is already into the hole here for spending on all the restoration and commentary by Lynch on these deleted scenes. [/quote]
I don't think you know what you are talking about, and you seem unnecessarily headstrong.
No "restoration" or "commentary" has been performed by anybody - unless you happen to be privy to some information the rest of the world is not. Are you?
For your information the following extras have been lined up (from what we can gather taking into account various sources and announcements):
A new 1.85:1 transfer supervised by Lynch (is this what you mean by "restoration"?).
A new Dolby Digital 5.1 audio track remixed at Lynch's home.
Cast and crew interviews/documentary by Mark Rance.
High definition transfered Deleted Scenes which have been re-scored by Lynch.
Animated menu's approved by Lynch.
quote: It's [the] company that [is] trying to extort additional moneys from New Line for the rights to the material that is holding things up.[/quote]
extort vb - to obtain money or favours by intimidation, violence or the misuse of authority
Again, you seem to be jumping the gun and talking about something you clearly have no knowledge of, not to mention libelling CiBy2000! For your information New Line told fans in October 2000 that "there is no animosity between the current rights holder and New Line, and that their asking price for the Deleted Scenes is a fair price".
However there are many options to be explored, and much more negotiating to do. While the price from the rights holder is a fair price, it has a big cost impact on New Line’s Profit and Loss Statement given the number of units they estimate that the DVD will sell.
No-one understands this more than us Twin Peaks fans.
However, despite reassurances from New Line, there have been rumours from inside the company that since the AOL/Time Warner merger, everyone has had to tighten their purse strings, and the chance of deleted scenes looks less likely to happen.
In April 2001 Eli Roth (Lynch's DVD Producer and friend) was interviewed and explained that New Line's current thinking meant they must sell 100,000 units worldwide for them to be able to cover the costs of including the Deleted Scenes.
Eli implored fans to contact New Line and let them know if they plan to buy the DVD so New Line could get a clearer picture of how many units they are likely to sell.
We have been waiting over nine years to see these scenes, and it was late 1999 that the DVD was first announced. We have been campaigning ever since, trying to let New Line know how much these scenes mean to us.
We understand that New Line will most likely do as much as they possibly can to include the scenes, but I think it is understandable that after all this time we might be a little let down if they're not included!
I hope you understand!
(And keep up the good work New Line! :))
~ John
PS - Please read all of the information at the link below for a fuller picture of the story so far. Also I recommended reading the news items contained at www.dugpa.com .
Cheers!
------------------

GregBarron

Agent
I just watched Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me last weekend on the IFC cable channel and it sure has wet my appetite to own this movie on DVD....and I'm hoping that those deleted scenes make it on the eventual release....
Greg

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
>Give me a freakin break!
>We all want the deleted scenes.....
>But to say something like:
>quote:
>----------------------------------------------------------->---------------------
>All I know is that after waiting this long and knowing >that they have been negotiating for the Deleted Scenes all >this time, if it isn't released with Deleted Scenes, I >will have lost my faith in New Line.
>----------------------------------------------------------->---------------------
>Is just stupid..... (not a personal slam)
How can I not feel disappointed ? New Line makes the best DVD's in the Industry hands down. To know that the Director hand picked almost an hours worth of Deleted Scenes that I have been waiting 9 years to see, but due to some person that holds the bankbook thinking that in THEIR opinion, a movie like Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me wouldn't recoup added expenses to include Deleted Scenes.... well, lets just say that would really bum me out.
Especially since that same person will throw money away on other title that have little or no demand at all for Deleted Scenes.
>This is a matter of budget and sales estimates.
I agree, but what also gets me riled up about this is that the Sales guys from New Line announced at the VSDA a few years back that the DVD would in fact have Deleted Scenes. This was also posted on DVDFile under their VSDA review... but taken down a few weeks later, as New Line decided to change their mind.
>The idea is for New Line (which does and EXCELLENT job on >just about EVERY DISC they release!) evaluate the cost of >the deleted material and
>see how that impacts the cost to produce the disc. If the >cost overshadows the sales estimates, then why would New >Line go into this release for a loss.
>New Line is already into the hole here for spending on all >the restoration and commentary by Lynch on these deleted >scenes.
Lynch never did a commentary. Trust me on this.
>It's a company that trying
>to extort additional moneys from New line for the rights >to the material that is holding things up.
I know for a fact that New Line is not being extorted on this one. New Line came out in an issue of Video Business saying it was a fair price and that they were just trying to decide how they divide the costs on the transfer.
>Your anger is aim in the wrong direction
Look... I am a huge supporter of New Line DVD's, as they are the best in teh industry. But regardless, after knowing what could have been for this DVD, and knowing that this disc was transferred, mixed, and has been sitting on a shelf for almost 2 years, and was only held up because the director and Fans wanted to see this released with Deleted Scenes, a release without these scenes would force me to lose my faith in New Line.
-John Sullmeyer
>Dugger

John CW

Supporting Actor
A VERY interesting post regarding the deleted scenes from the old alt.tp news group (it's very old!):
quote: From: mailto:[email protected]
biggrin.gif

~ John
------------------

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
Any update on this ? Will New Line keep their word and release this DVD with Deleted Scenes ? I've waited so long for this title to be done right, and the way Lynch intended it to be released.
-J
[Edited last by John Sullmeyer on August 26, 2001 at 05:55 AM]

roy_mark

Grip
Now that Mulholland Drive is coming out, Artisan is doing the series, MGM has "rediscovered" their rights for Wild at Heart, reissuing an SE of Blue Velvet, Paramount doing Elephant Man, Eraserhead to be released by Lynch himself...
What is happening to the 3 most desired Lynch creations?
1) FWWM - New Line what's the score with the deleted scenes????
2) TP Pilot - Warner marketing folks, here's your chance to jump the bandwagon!
3) The Lost Highway R1 SE DVD - USA video, if you can't get your act together, give the video rights back to Lynch or Criterion.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I MUST MUST MUST have this on DVD
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

roy_mark

Grip
Remember these words...
OPERATION CREAMED CORN