Long Goodbye
The Moderns
Onion Field (Special Edition)
Pride Of The Yankees
Stormy Monday
Texasville
Unbearable Lightness Of Being
Valmont
plus the three Outer Limits sets already being discussed here. No details and only Onion Field is being referred to as a special edition.

Doug D

Stunt Coordinator
KOYAANISQATSI? That's huge!

I've been curious to see THE KNACK and THE LONG GOODBYE for a long time, too ... a cool list from MGM, there.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I'll be getting Valmont to go with Dangerous Liasons. Very interesting to contrast the 2 movies made about the same time of the same story. It'd be interesting to make a 3rd using the better actors from the 2 existing ones.

I like Annette Bening better than Glenn Close in their part, but Malkovich better than Colin Firth, and so on.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Oh Yes! Flirting!!!!!!!!!! ;)
This has been on my top 10 want list since dvd started. I sure hope MgM releases this in OAR. I also hope this is the Noah Taylor, Nicole Kidman Flick otherwise i am excited for no reason.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Aryn, it is the Nicole Kidman Flirting.
I'd like to give a plug to a title no one has mentioned. The 1988 High Season, a quirky little gem of a comedy set in Greece with Jacqueline Bisset, James Fox, Irene Papas and a very young pre-Henry V Kenneth Branagh. It's one of those films that slipped through the cracks and deserved better than it got.

PatrickL

Deceased Member
Wow, sign me up for 7 out of the 12. I can't decide which I'm happier about - The Long Goodbye, or Koyaanisqatsi.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Pride Of The Yankees is possibly the greatest baseball film ever made. This news is fantastic (and long overdue). :emoji_thumbsup:

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
I can't believe they are really releasing my no. 1 favorite guilty pleasure -- Texasville!!! Please, please let there be a commentary by Bogdanovich.

Thank you MGM.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Lets hope The Unbearable Lightness of Being will recieve a 16*9 transfer, with digital restoration (to remove dirt and scratches), and possible a little colour correction (The criterion dvd looked a bit soft to me).
BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!
Yeah, maybe it'll have a DTS track too. so far in my humble collection of DVDs, MGM hasn't had a very good track record.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I am all over Koyaanisqatsi. I thought the follow up was coming out too? No?

I'll have to echo Jeff's sentiment. I'm getting frustrated waiting for SG1 season 2.

Jodee

Screenwriter
Texasville needs a commentary by Bogdanovich (there was a wonderful "director's edition" laserdisc, I recall.) Unfortunately, DVD File made it sound like these titles were bare-bones.
Maybe I'll have to find that laserdisc off Ebay. I was hoping the eventual DVD would have some features.
I am also interested in buying P/K, Flirting, Valmont and the Outer Limits releases.

Users who are viewing this thread