What's new

Tosh 5700 vs Panny RP62 (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Is DVD-A worth the extra couple of bucks? I must say, I still haven't listened to any.

Also...hows the performance of the 5700?

Thx.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The 5700 performs nicely, I am sure. And, yes, you may as well hop on the DVD-A bandwagon. I'm coming to the conlusion both it and SACD will coexist peacefully in the market place.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Okay...someone is selling this on the Hardware For Sale forum for 200 shipped. I emailed him...is that a good price?

I'll be getting a new TV in the future (HD RPTV) an need a prog scan to replace my old school Tosh 2109.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
BTW...also, looking at some Audioreview.com reviews, I see some people complaining about switching the audio. I'm not quite sure what they are talking about. I see that the unit has built in DD recoding...and optical out, so I would assume that if I just use optical out to my reciever all should be well. Is that assumption correct?

Jeffrey R

Stunt Coordinator
By connecting the optical cable from the DVD player to the receiver, you would be able to listen to Dolby Digital by setting the DVD player to output "bitstream" and the receiver to detect the digital signal. Regarding switching the audio to listen to DVD-Audio, you would need to switch the DVD player to output an analog signal (and the receiver to detect an analog signal), since that is transported through analog cables to your receiver's 5.1 analog inputs. The 5700 does not do this automatically, which has frustrated some people.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Oh...I see. But, it does output DTS throught the bitsream too right?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
No prob. I'm assuming there's a button on the remote called "Audio Mode" or something that allows you to switch between Digital and Analog out?

BTW...visually is this unit as good as the Panny?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Well...I just bought it :)
I guess I can find out most of the stuff myself.

Users who are viewing this thread