What's new

Diva 6.1's or Paradigm Monitor 11's?? (1 Viewer)

Nick V

Second Unit
Hi all,

My current setup utilizes the Paradigm Monitor 11's and I figure that I'm just about ready for an upgrade. I was wondering if the Diva 6.1's would be a significant upgrade over my Paradigms. And, I am looking for a speaker that is smoother in the high frequencies. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

Jeff Mills

Stunt Coordinator
Check out B&W for an upgrade. Im a big fan of the B&W tweeters...very smooth and airy. I dont think the diva's would be much of an upgrade, more of a parallel move.

Jeff Mills

Stunt Coordinator
Check out B&W for an upgrade. Im a big fan of the B&W tweeters...very smooth and airy. I dont think the diva's would be much of an upgrade, more of a parallel move.

Nick V

Second Unit
Sean,

Can you elabaorate on your last post for me please. I'm guessing that you think the Diva's would be a significant upgrade over the Paradigm's.

BTW, have you heard the Monitor 11's??

Nick V

Second Unit
Jeff,

I'm not real familiar with the B&W lines, what would you recommend for the price??

600 series or CDM-NT series. What are the prices of the floorstanders in those series'?

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Nick,
I have not heard the Monitor 11's. I was curious as to whether Jeff has heard them because most of the time I see the Diva line being compared to the Studio series and the Studio series is a step up from the Monitor line. Here is an example click .
I will also mention that the highs on the 6.1's are very smooth and not fatiguing at all.

PomingF

Second Unit
Nick, Steve Zimmerman did a detailed review on this forum b/w the 6.1 & the Ref 100 a while back. Try to do a search. Someone also just posted his impression on one of the forums (S&V or AVS?) b/w the 600 S3 & the 6.1's.

PF

ClaudeL

Stunt Coordinator
Or also you can wait for the new Paradigm Monitor line which will come in a few weeks. I dont know in USA if you will receive them shortly but here in Canada, its in few weeks. The new Monitor line supposely sounds as good as the present Paradigm Studio line at less the cost. Maybe, these new Monitors could be your future upgrade if the Studios are a step up from the Divas...

Nick V

Second Unit
Claude,

I am also in Canada and was wondering if you know where I could find more information on the new Paradigm Monitor line. I had heard a few things about it but was unaware that it was coming in the near future (a few weeks). Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
I have heard both the Studio line and the Divas. I own the Divas, and consider them a better value for the price than the Studios. They have a smoother sound, larger soundstage, and better imaging. They don't look too bad either.
BTW, the 6.1's have all the low end slam you could hope to get out of 2 eight inch woofers. The bass is tight, fast and loud.

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
Well, just for fun I decided to go to a local Paradigm dealer today. I listened to the Monitor 11's and the Studio 100's. I only listened to two songs on each speaker. I will say that in the showroom the Studio 100's spanked the Monitor 11's. Don't get me wrong,(there was roughly a $1000.00 Cdn differecne in price)the Monitor 11's are nice speakers but the Studio's have much better imaging and a way larger soundstage , as well as better bass. As far as the Diva 6.1's go I would definately say that they are more in the league of the Studio 100's. I will also say that the bass on the 6.1's is much better than the Monitor 11's from what I heard. In all fairness the listening session was very short and the rooms are different but I listened enough to get a basic idea on the characteristics of the speakers.

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think you'll be disappointed Nick. The Divas are sweet and they look even better in person as well.

ClaudeL

Stunt Coordinator
Nick,
I dont have so much informations about the new Monitor line which will come soon. But my dealer told me that they will certainly have the present "Paradigm Studios" sound. So I guess that the new Monitor line will have HUGE VALUE if they sound almost the same as the Studio line. Before buying any Divas, im gonna listen to the new Monitor line. I have presently the Monitor 9 v.2 and im gonna tell you if you want, if I found any new improvments with the new Monitor 9 v.3. Im gonna listen to them in two weeks.
OH!!! Also, very soon, im gonna go to my Paradigm dealer. Maybe tomarrow or in two days. They dont have yet the new Monitor line but they have the spec sheets. So I will see the new Monitor v.3 look and why not... I could take a photo of these Monitor v.3 with my camera and post it here :D

Tony Baker

Grip
Well, just for fun I decided to go to a local Paradigm dealer today. I listened to the Monitor 11's and the Studio 100's. I only listened to two songs on each speaker. I will say that in the showroom the Studio 100's spanked the Monitor 11's. Don't get me wrong,(there was roughly a $1000.00 Cdn differecne in price)the Monitor 11's are nice speakers but the Studio's have much better imaging and a way larger soundstage , as well as better bass"
Just curious if you listened to the speakers in the same room with the same equipment. At the paradigm dealer here the studio line is being fed by Anthem separates and the monitor line by H/K receivers. The dealer let me listen to both on the same equipment and gap in sound quality closed significantly. BTW, the dealer said they are not suppose to have the monitor and studio lines in the same room.

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Tony,
They were in different rooms. It looked like they were both being powered by Denon receivers (but I did not check to see if there was an external amp running with the Studio's)....not sure which model but I will head back this weekend to find out.It was just more of a quick in and out at the store rather than an in depth audition.

Nick V

Second Unit
Sounds good Claude, keep me posted.

I'm gonna try to stop in to my Paradigm dealer within the next few days to see what's going on with the new lineup. At the store where I bought my Monitor 11's and CC-370 they have a 1 year trade-up where they give you back what you paid for the products, if you're gonna upgrade. I might just have to upgrade to the v.3's if there's that much of a difference.

BTW, it's tough to just buy the Diva's without ever auditioning them. I suppose I would just have to trust all of the spectacular reviews that I've been reading, but I'm still a bit skeptical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks