Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Diva vs JBL

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   Chris Svencer

Chris Svencer

Stunt Coordinator

• 78 posts

Posted May 27 2002 - 09:27 AM

I have read what seems like thousands of reviews on here about the S38, series I and II, and also the Diva 2.1's. I have rarely seen a bad review of either of them and was wondering if you put them up against each other who would come out on top. I know the divas are around a 100 bucks more but does it put them that far ahead of the JBL's? Thanks for all the help.

-Svence-

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted May 27 2002 - 09:55 AM

I'll go ahead and say before someone else does that the only way you should decide between the two is listen to them for yourself. Then you could make a decision on whether you think the 100 dollars makes them better. We could give you all the stats in the world about why one is better than the other, but the best thing to do would be to listen.

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   Stephen Houdek

Stephen Houdek

Second Unit

• 325 posts

Posted May 27 2002 - 09:58 AM

There are more than a few here that will tell you the JBL's are no comparison to the Swan's because they're sold at Best Buy and other retail chains.

Best to decide for yourself if you can listen to them both.

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Russell _T

Russell _T

Supporting Actor

• 579 posts

Posted May 27 2002 - 09:58 AM

I have listened to both. The short version is that to my ears, the Divas outperform the JBL's handily. No contest.
Russ Tarvin
If it's too loud, you're too old.

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter

• 1,117 posts

Posted May 27 2002 - 10:38 AM

I'm a Diva owner, so I think you know which way I will swing in this comparison. I just want to second the suggestion that you listen to both and decide for yourself which one is better.
-J.Fo

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted May 27 2002 - 10:45 AM

Does swan have a website? I can't find it....

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   Sean D

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator

• 182 posts

Posted May 27 2002 - 11:23 AM

Click here Steve AV123.com
I can't speak for the JBL's but the Divas are sweet.

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   Winston_T

Winston_T

Agent

• 37 posts

Posted May 28 2002 - 07:29 AM

If you are considering the diva's, you own it to yourself to check out the offical support thread: http://www.avsforum.....hreadid=113098

If you want to listen to them, be sure to check out: http://www.audioenvy.com

The unofficial faq: http://www.audioenvy.com/diva

Oh yeah... I am a current Diva owner... still waiting for the rest of the package, but yeah. I own them.

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Chris Svencer

Chris Svencer

Stunt Coordinator

• 78 posts

Posted May 29 2002 - 08:55 AM

Is Audio Envy the only place that I can find places to audition? Are Diva's only sold over the internet for av123 or are there any audio shops that will carry them? I understand what you all are saying about going out and listening to them, so I guess I will just get off my lazy butt and go find some divas to listen to. Thanks for all the input, you guys have never failed to impress me with your endless knowledge.

-Svence-

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   Saurav

Saurav

Screenwriter

• 2,175 posts

Posted May 29 2002 - 09:00 AM

Quote:
Are Diva's only sold over the internet for av123

AFAIK, in America, yes. The situation is probably different in other countries.

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Alex Prosak

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor

• 765 posts

Posted May 29 2002 - 09:01 AM

Yes Audio Envy is the only place that you can arrange to listen to them. There was another site that you can access from the Diva FAQ page (I believe it was Blue Mountain Audio...?) but I believe everything is now done through the audioenvy site. Unless you spot a Diva owner nearby your home and just ask, worked for me for SVS. Also, yes to AV123 being the only place from which you can purchase them. Good luck.