-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

DISNEY - Please release uncut versions of Fantasia, Make Mine Music, Melody Time, etc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart

Lead Actor

• 7,461 posts
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA, USA

Posted September 23 2001 - 12:42 PM

DISNEY...

Please release the uncut versions of the following:

FANTASIA
MAKE MINE MUSIC
MELODY TIME
SALUDAS AMIGOS
WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT
DUMBO

I sent a letter months ago pleading for uncut releases for these films. I never got a reply. These DVD's are wretched examples of pigheaded censorship. With the excellent technology DVD has to offer, why couldn't muliple versions be authored to DVD? Why did these DVD's have to be released with false claims like "Original, Uncut" or "Fully Restored"

I don't want to purchase any of these titles because of the censorship. To me, censoring is wrong and destroys the intent.

Please, Disney, release the uncut versions. I will regain faith in purchasing videos from you when the above titles are FIXED. Anyone who supports the idea of Disney re-releasing these titles uncut, please show your feelings about the censorship.

------------------
P.S.: There's no P.S.

#2 of 9 cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,031 posts

Posted September 23 2001 - 03:35 PM

Pretty please.

#3 of 9 Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor

• 948 posts

Posted September 23 2001 - 11:11 PM

Pretty, pretty please with sugar on top.

------------------
"You're 10 seconds away from the most embarrassing moment of your life!"
Click here to admit you want to see Ford Fairlane on DVD!

DVD List LD List

My DVD list

#4 of 9 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted September 24 2001 - 01:27 AM

Pretty, pretty, pretty please with sugar and whip cream and nuts and a great big ol' cherry on top?

------------------
DAVE/Memphis

Posted Image
Did you want us to respect your cause? You just damned your cause.
Did you want to make us fear? You just steeled our resolve.
Did you want to tear us apart? You just brought us together.

http://www.miami.com....ocs/000565.htm

DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#5 of 9 Rain

Rain

Producer

• 5,020 posts

Posted September 25 2001 - 06:09 AM

I would of course love to see uncensored versions of Fantasia and Dumbo.

However, realistically, this will never happen. Disney doesn't care about art, they care about money and being PC.

------------------
Posted ImagePosted Image
"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon

Anyone in the Vancouver Canada area interested in a meet? Click here

MOVING ON DOES NOT MEAN FORGETTING.

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon

#6 of 9 cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,031 posts

Posted September 25 2001 - 06:21 AM

Quote:
. Disney doesn't care about art, they care about money

That's exactly why we need to show them that there's money to be made in releasing films properly.

#7 of 9 Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald

Screenwriter

• 1,602 posts

Posted September 25 2001 - 12:39 PM

Disney,

I have the uncut WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT? and SALUDOS AMIGOS, the cut FANTASIA, and DUMBO on laserdisc, and have the uncut versions of MAKE MINE MUSIC and MELODY TIME on tape, from Disney Channel broadcasts a few years ago (way back in the primordial days of 1997-98, when kids could emotionally handle Pecos Bill rolling and smoking a cigarette, and shotgun-toting hillbillies in love).

If you were to release completely uncut/unaltered versions of these animated classics on DVD, I'd certainly buy them. I will not buy the cut/altered versions currently available, nor any future editions that are cut/altered. Your company's fortunes were built upon animated films like these, and it'd be nice, and appropriate, if you actually treated them (including occasional content that doesn't always dovetail with your current PC mindset) with the same respect that most of the other companies treat their live-action films from that era.

Thanks for listening.

Peter M. Fitzgerald

My Current Damage at DVD Aficionado

Wanted in R1: UNEARTHLY STRANGER ('63) / IF I HAD A MILLION ('32) / THE FACE BEHIND THE MASK ('41) / IT CONQUERED THE WORLD ('56) / TERROR ABOARD ('33) / DANGER ROUTE ('68) / THE BLISS OF MRS. BLOSSOM ('68) / GUNN ('67) / ZOO IN BUDAPEST ('33) / THE SEA WOLF ('41) / DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS ('63, restored) / ALAKAZAM THE GREAT ('60) / DARKER THAN AMBER ('70) / THEY WON'T BELIEVE ME ('47) / CROSSWINDS ('51) / JIVARO ('54)

Wanted TV-on-DVD: T.H.E. CAT (1966-67) / SUSPICION (1957-58) / WAY OUT (1961) / ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR (1962-65) / PANIC! (1957-58) / CORONET BLUE (1965) / DRAGNET ('50s) / NEW ADVENTURES OF HUCK FINN (1968) / BUS STOP (1961-62) / THE WESTERNER (1960) / THE IMMORTAL (1970) / BLUE LIGHT (1966) / TERRIERS (2010) / THE MAN WHO NEVER WAS (1966)

#8 of 9 LukeB

LukeB

Screenwriter

• 2,179 posts

Posted September 26 2001 - 07:44 AM

Yeah, Disney, I won't buy Fantasia unless you put the offensive images of black centaurettes back in the movie where they belong! Posted Image

#9 of 9 GaryEA

GaryEA

Second Unit

• 456 posts

Posted September 26 2001 - 09:45 AM

I would just like to have Deems Taylor back in Fantasia. I understand why he wasn't in the new disc, so how about releasing a decently mastered, pre-restoration version for posterity?

To me, Mr. Taylor WAS Fantasia.

Gary