-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

MIB 2 question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 John Tillman

John Tillman

Supporting Actor

• 598 posts

Posted May 21 2002 - 04:07 AM

So what happened to Linda Fiorentino for the sequel?

This girl with a great voice seems to have a great vanishing act.
__
JT

#2 of 7 Eric Thrall

Eric Thrall

Stunt Coordinator

• 109 posts

Posted May 21 2002 - 05:44 AM

Maybe they just didn't want her around - I listened to the commentary track on Dogma, and while Kevin Smith complemented her work, he must have mentioned at least 3 or 4 times that she was terrible to work with.

#3 of 7 Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,301 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 21 2002 - 06:12 AM

I was surprised that she isn't around this time as well. When the subject of a sequel was first seriously discussed last year she joked that she'd probably be the only one of the original trio to return - because Will Smith's and Tommy Lee Jones's asking price had gone up so much on the strength of MiB and other films.

It may be that there wasn't enough money left in the budget after hiring the other two to include the lovely Linda as well. Or maybe it was a scheduling problem. It must have been tough enough to find a slot when Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones and Barry Sonnenfeld were all available, adding Fiorentino to the mix may have been too much. (Remember how much of a problem scheduling has been for Indy 4 given all the other commitments of Connery, Speilberg and Ford.)

Regards,

Joe

#4 of 7 Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon

Screenwriter

• 2,071 posts

Posted May 21 2002 - 06:39 AM

The way I see it, I'm glad she's gone. If this film was to have ANY hope of success, it would need to bring back Tommy Lee Jones, and it's a 2 man act. Looking forward to this one.
XBox Live Gamertag:ChrisBardon

#5 of 7 RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor

• 661 posts

Posted May 21 2002 - 07:47 AM

I think it was too much stress for her to do a whole movie with her clothes on and she couldn't bear it again.

Posted Image
Blücher!

#6 of 7 Kami

Kami

Screenwriter

• 1,496 posts

Posted May 21 2002 - 08:16 AM

Glad to see Rip Torn is coming back too Posted Image

#7 of 7 StephenA

StephenA

Screenwriter

• 1,512 posts

Posted May 21 2002 - 11:57 AM

I wonder if they'll explain what happened to her character. Maybe she went on a different mission or something while Will Smith's character is assigned to bring back Tommy Lee Jones' character. Doesn't look like her character will be that important to the plot anyways, so maybe that's why they didn't re-cast her.