What's new

What's your favorite sequence in Episode II? (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I must have Star Wars on the brain. :)
Anyway, what's your favorite sequence from Attack of the Clones?
I rather like the scenes on rainy Kamino where Obi-wan discovers the clone army and confronts Jango Fett. It's here that we get our first glimpse of what will inspire or become the Imperial Stormtroopers. It was also neat to see a non-Jedi hold his own against a Jedi! And Temuera Morrison, playing Jango Fett, brought some much-needed acting vitality to the movie - he has a commanding presence and is terrific in everything he's in.
Well, that's my favorite, what's yours?

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I've just seen the film once but my favorite scene was watching Count Dooku dismiss both Anakin and Obi-Wan with his lightsaber. I don't know who this guy is or where he picked up on those skills but I wanna hang with him :)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
When Mace pulls out his purple lightsaber. I was waiting for him to say "Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?" :)

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
Thread farter! :D
I really liked the Kamino segment. The Kominans just looked cool, as did the clone factory. And the guy playing Jango was one of the best things about the film.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Yoda doing back flips and spinning kicks at Count Dookula with dubbed Bruce Lee vocal effects added.
(Ok I admit I haven't seen it yet, but I can dream can't I?):D
THIS POST COURTESY OF THREADFARTERS INC.

Dennis

Second Unit
Trying to pick my favorite scenes from the film has me re-evaluating my opinion on it, though I liked the film when I first saw it, I have more of an appreciation of just how good the film was. I'm not saying it ranks with Episodes IV and V, that deserves it's own thread, but I like the fact that there were a lot of very good scenes in the film. I must say that the scenes mentioned above, the entire Kamino sequence and the lightsaber duels at the end, were my faves also.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
The whole "Jango's Escape" sequence was my favorite. I'm glad we finally got to see Slave 1 in action, that ship is awesome.

Matt MacFarlane

Stunt Coordinator
The battle between Yoda and Count Dooku, and any scene with Natalie Portman in it (especially the scene on Tatooine)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Natalie really did look great:D
Dooku vs Obiwan,Anakin and Yoda
I thought Christopher Lee was just great in AOTC. A truly inspired and fantastic casting job there.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Count me in with the Kamino scenes. I loved the Kaminoans, who oddly enough were the most successful CGI characters that I've ever seen. Everything from their skin texture to their eyelids was perfectly alien.

One part of Kamino that I really loved was the stark cleanliness of everything. Very evocative of the future Imperial locations like the Death Star.

The only part that I would change in there was the submersible creature and rider, which was just CGI masturbation IMO.

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
Yeah, I felt the same way, I was like OK what the hell was the point of that again.
My favorite scene in not only AOTC but in the whole saga (so far) is the Anakin reaction after his mother's death. When he closed his mother's eyes and looks up I just get chills down my spine because I know what's coming next. Even when I first saw it, virtually unspoiled too, I just knew he was going to do something immense and extreme. :eek: The way the music just goes friggin nuts and builds up in intensity just makes me feel like I'm sharing his rage. And when he comes out of the tent and beheads the first two sandpeople and looks directly at the camera with his lightsaber raised it just felt so powerful to me. Combined with Qui Gon's screaming for him to stop and the Imperial March and Darth Vader's breathing along with cutting to Yoda feeling his pain through the disturbance in the force nearly overwhelmed me. Damn I gotta go see this movie again and soon too.

Johnny wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Any part with Portman in that tight, white outfit.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks