Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Warner Bros. Please Release AFTER HOURS

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   DeanKap

DeanKap

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted August 17 2001 - 04:18 PM

I will be unable to participate in the upcoming WB chat but someone please ask them to kindly release this great film onto DVD. It's kind of absurd that it's not out yet but then again it is a catalog title. On the other hand it's a Martin Scorsese film for crying out loud! And one of his best. I know so may people who would snap this title up in a second.

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Holden Pike

Holden Pike

Stunt Coordinator

• 111 posts

Posted August 17 2001 - 06:13 PM

And please package with a commemorative Plaster-of-Paris Bagel & Cream Cheese Paperweight. Thanks.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to film is more film...."
- Frank Capra

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   rhett

rhett

Supporting Actor

• 571 posts

Posted August 17 2001 - 09:43 PM

I'd love to see this on DVD with a new anamorphic transfer. This, along with The King Of Comedy are two of my favorite off-beat films. Scorsese never seems to get any respect from the major studios on DVD, and I doubt Warner would be the comapny to change that, but I at least hope they consider at least releasing it bare bones. I would pick it up in a second! Anything beats the blurry VHS I have been subject to viewing all these years! Posted Image

------------------
Help urge Fox to release Terror Train on DVD Uncut!

http://www.hometheat....ML/003324.html
"The Night HE Came Home"

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Rodney

Rodney

Supporting Actor

• 536 posts

Posted August 18 2001 - 04:13 AM

This is such an underated film. I would love to have it in my collection.

So many images pop in my head when I think of this movie: The look on the cabbie's face, The ice cream truck, Aqua-Net, and Peggy Lee's "Fever".

I don't think I have seen this since the 80's, and I would love to see it again!

------------------
-Rodney

No MAR'ed Films, I want my OAR!

-Rodney

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Stunt Coordinator

• 57 posts

Posted August 18 2001 - 08:30 PM

"Tonight is mohawk night..."

I L-O-O-O-V-E THIS MOVIE!!! Yes please Warners, let's have this released even if it is only bare bones. I had the VHS a few years ago but sold it off while pairing down my collection. Biiig mistake. I miss it terribly but the thought of seeing it in anamorphic widescreen gives me something to look forward to...

Johnny B.

"Surrender Dorothy!".

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Tom-G

Tom-G

Screenwriter

• 1,646 posts

Posted August 19 2001 - 02:07 AM

Quote:
I know so may people who would snap this title up in a second.

I'm one who would buy this one in a second! Posted Image I have the laserdisc for now, but I've been wondering why this great Martin Scorsese Kafka-esque film hasn't been released on DVD yet.

------------------
Posted Image

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Jay E

Jay E

Screenwriter

• 2,485 posts

Posted August 20 2001 - 03:16 AM

Why this film (& Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore) is not on DVD is beyond me. One of the greatest directors of all time deserves to have all his titles released on DVD. Please, Please do him & his movies justice.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter

• 1,153 posts

Posted August 21 2001 - 12:25 PM

Please release it, and make it worth it!

------------------
"What if he honks in the car?"

"I'm giving you a no honk guaruntee."

My Extensive DVD collection.

Shameless Webpage Plug: My Movie Reviews.

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,275 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted August 21 2001 - 03:32 PM

Yes, please release it Warner Bros. Since it is not a family title, it would be safe to do it in widescreen by your standards.

------------------
Petition to release The Mary Tyler Moore Show on DVD

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.