What's new

!!!! NEWS FLASH !!!! Warner to release SOUTH PARK in SEASON SETS (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Starting this fall, Warner Brothers will be
doing the unthinkable....releasing South Park
in season sets for Region 1.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
WOW!
They just made one DVD customer VERY happy.
I'm buy all seasons:)
Since they are doing season sets, maybe a nice extra would be the funny Matt Stone Trey Parker intros

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
I am extremely happy for South Park fans (I am not one of them). It's nice to see Warner releasing even more TV product in Season Box Sets... hopefully Babylon 5 is not far behind.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
This is indeed rockin' good news. However, I have one concern. Those of us who have the original 6 DVD volumes (before the "best-of" crap started coming out) have all of Season 1 but only part of Season 2 - there were still 6 episodes of Season 2 they had not yet gotten to. If Warner really wants to get back fan support they should release those 6 eps as a "Volume 7" designed to fit with the previous releases. Then we can pick up on the season sets with Season 3. Of course, Seasons 1 & 2 should be released as sets for new buyers.
OK, I know there's no way this will happen. The previous release owners will probably be forgotten... :frowning: Guess I'd better get my Volumes 1-6 up on EBay before the flood starts! ;)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Oh, and the one extra that MUST be on the Season 1 set - the original "Spirit of Christmas" short that started it all!!

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Spirit of Christmas does belong on Season 1. Since these are [rant]not meant for children[/rant] this should not be a problem.

I'm thrilled that Warner Brothers/Comedy Central has come around. I'll buy Season 1 to support the decision and to have a consistant set. Even if I already have access to discs 1-6, I don't mind having the episodes again.

Richard Waller

Second Unit
And I just bought seasons 1-4 from R4 a couple months ago! Maybe they'll put some extras on there to justify an R1 purchase. If the price is right, I might repurchase them anyway to show my gratitude to WB for finally seeing the light. :)

LeeL

Stunt Coordinator
This is great news. Finally, one of my favorite series (besides the old stuff) is coming out on DVD, in season order.

A Question regarding other 'Best Of' sets: Along the same time as the second Christmas compilation was released, there was to be a "Timmy!" comp as well. Was this ever released? Or is this what the "Insults to Injuries" set has become? I ask because I've receved a LOT of blank stares around town when I've asked for it (Sorry, I really like Timmy).

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
GREAT news! I probably won't buy season one again (unless the set has new extras) but I'm definitely on board for season two forward.
Now if only we could get a SE of Bigger, Longer and Uncut....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks