Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

BestPriceAudioVideo.com

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   Mike H Wizard

Mike H Wizard

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted May 14 2002 - 10:22 AM

Hi Everyone, Has anyone ever purchased anything from bestpriceaudiovideo.com before, I would like to know how good they are? Meaning good experiences, bad experiences, or what I can expect if I decide to order something from them... Any information would be very helpful and appreciated... Thank you in advance, Mike

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   CoreyH

CoreyH

Stunt Coordinator

• 63 posts

Posted May 14 2002 - 11:04 AM

Hey Mike, I've never dealt with them personally, but I just did a quick check over at pricegrabber. They have a 5 star rating, with 80 positives and only 2 negatives. Seems pretty good to me. Check pricegrabber or resellerratings for reviews. Hope this helps
C

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Shaun

Shaun

Second Unit

• 317 posts

Posted May 14 2002 - 01:49 PM

I've bought from them before. I purchased both my receiver and dvd player from them a couple of years ago. Not the lowest prices, but very reliable.
Shawn Siref
---------------------------------------------------
Equipment:
TV: Mitsubishi WD-73733 73-Inch Widescreen HDTV
Receiver: Denon AVR-2805 DD-EX/DTS-ES 7.1DVD Player: Denon DVD-2200HD DVD Player: Toshiba HD-A35Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD55Speakers: Klipsch Reference SeriesSubwoofe...

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,801 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted May 14 2002 - 01:54 PM

I purchased my speakers from them about a year ago. It was actually through an Ebay auction and I was happy with their service.

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Ron Boster

Ron Boster

Screenwriter

• 1,151 posts

Posted May 14 2002 - 03:38 PM

I don't know if they are listed at audio survey, but here is the link:

http://www.audiosurvey.com/amos.html

I've bookmarked their site for times like this.

Good Luck

Ron

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted May 14 2002 - 06:21 PM

Mike H Wizard, I ordered a JBL PB-12 sub from these guys about a year ago and received great service on the phone. I expressed my concern that many of these subs had problems with them upon receipt, but the rep assured me that they had received none back from returns. The sub shipped the next day and was received 3 days later...no problems whatsoever and the sub is still going strong!
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Brett DiMichele

Brett DiMichele

Producer

• 3,184 posts

Posted May 14 2002 - 09:25 PM

I purchased my AR9's from them and at the time they were the cheapest place to have them. Much cheaper than retail. They are located in Ohio, Shipping was hefty but considering they shipped 120+ Pounds of towers it's not out of the ordinary. Had them a day after I ordered.
Brett DiMichele
brettd@nospamyukonwaltz.com (remove nospam)

Too Much to list!
My PhotoBucket              My Buttkicker Wireless Advance Kit Review

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   Art_C

Art_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 62 posts

Posted May 15 2002 - 07:48 AM

I got my Onkyo reciever from them. They weren't the lowerest priced vendor but they are an authorized Onkyo dealer so Onkyo will honour warranty from product purchased from them. Good service and had no problem with dealing.

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   Mike H Wizard

Mike H Wizard

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted May 15 2002 - 03:39 PM

Hi Everyone, Thank you for all of your information... Now with the replys of them not being the lowest priced vendor, this brings up another question... Who have you seen to be the lowest priced vendors for Audio and Video equipment? Once again any replys would be appreciated... Thank you in advance, Mike

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   TaraD

TaraD

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted May 15 2002 - 04:06 PM

You have to be careful about selecting the lowest price vendor because usually the lowest price vendor is not an authorized dealer which means the warranty is invalid from the manufacturer. So maybe that vendor is the lowest price vendor for the authorized dealers but it is not the lowest price vendor when you include unauthorized dealers.

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst

Screenwriter

• 2,589 posts

Posted May 15 2002 - 04:35 PM

[quote]

Who have you seen to be the lowest priced vendors for Audio and Video equipment?

[quote]

I could find at least half a dozen cheap vendors over at the Yahoo! Shopping section that feature good prices. However, they'll get you on the shipping (e.g. - $40+ to ship a receiver).
"My reality check ... just bounced"

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   WilliamG

WilliamG

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted May 15 2002 - 06:51 PM

Mike,

I'd go with either of two that seem to get a lot of 'play' here at the HTF: either bestpriceaudiovideo (as mentioned)or http://www.jandr.com (J&R MusicWorld)

I haven't ordered from 'bestprice' although I've heard lots of positive stuff, but I've got my JBL NSP1 speakers and the PB-12 sub ordered from J&R and I'm anxiously awaiting arrival! Besides the positive reviews around here, I ordered my Technics SL-J2 linear-tracking turntable from them back in 1982 or '83 with no problem. That's just after I found out about some new(?!?) format called "Compact Disc" Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users