What's new

20th Century Fox - "UNFAITHFUL" starring Diane Lane & Richard Gere (1 Viewer)

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Dear Mr Staddon,

I was wondering if I could suggest some extras and supplements for the brilliant new hit Fox film "Unfaithful" starring Richard Gere and Diane Lane. This film has been getting some rave reviews and has made $14.2 million in it's opening weekend. The comments around the web and most of the reviews suggest that it will continue to do well. This is a great film that has a great chance of winning Awards (Diane Lane has got the best actress Oscar in the bag surely). How about a 2 disc set as the movie is quite long? Here's what I'd love to see on the discs:

DVD Content:

Anamorphic widescreen video.

DD5.1 remastered audio.

Audio commentary by director Adrian Lyne.

Audio commentary by stars Richard Gere and Diane Lane.

Audio commentary by writers and/or producers.

Enhanced playback mode (similar to 'Tim Burton's Planet Of The Apes').

Making of Featurettes including:

- 30min "Unfaithful: Behind The Scenes" documentary that was shown on E! Entertainment.

- 15min "Unfaithful: First Look" documenatry that was shown on HBO.

- Interviews with cast & crew inc. Richard Gere, Diane Lane & Adrian Lyne.

Deleted scenes in anamorphic video and DD5.1 audio.

More than one 'Unfaithful' feature allowing seamless branching different versions of movie (similar to the 'More than one 'Joy Ride'' feature).

Individual featurettes on the director, the casting, the locations, the story etc.

Trailers (including the great international ones).

TV Spots.

Advertising including artwork, posters, stills, portraits,

behind-the-scenes, storyboards, concepts etc etc.

Cast and crew biographies and filmographies.

Outtakes.

Rehearsal footage.

Production notes.

Booklet / insert with cover art like the original advance one-sheet (Diane Lane on guys chest).

I'm with you Martin. This was a great film that deserves a two disc set.

Mr Staddon - if you read this, please include the above and please consider the excellent "Charlie Rose Show" interview with Diane Lane, Richard Gere and Adrian Lyne. That was a superb interview.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
How about Premiere footage as well.

Yeah, the Charlie Rose show would be great! Do you think Fox would have the rights to this? Anyone?

Trevor Bateman

Stunt Coordinator
YEAH! YEAH! This would make a GREAT set. I loved this movie and it is very deserving (considering both it's critical and commercial success) of a loaded two-disc set.

Mr Staddon - How about a directors 'unrated' version?

Charlie Rose, Making Of's, Interviews and Premiere Footage would be cool. Deleted scenes and audio commentary with director and stars would be GREAT.

Please make it so. Thank you so much.

We're gonna go see it again weekend. 3rd time! Great film.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
And how about a slide show of still pictures of Diane Lane? You can dump the Richard Gere interview if you need to, to make room for this. :D
Regards,
Joe

Trevor Bateman

Stunt Coordinator
Seeing it again this weekend! Brilliant film.

Yes a slideshow would be a great idea, and how about a slideshow of some of the excellent reviews the film has received.

They could release this DVD later in the year to enhance it's chance of Academy Awards. You know the Academy... short memories.

Keep your ideas and feedback coming.

Trevor Bateman

Stunt Coordinator
"Unfaithful" has now grossed $42 million in less than 3 weeks, so it could end up with about $60 by the end of it's run. That, along with it's largely positive critical reception should be enough to warrant a cool 2 disc set.

Fox's best 2 disc sets:

Fight Club

Moulin Rouge

From Hell

The Abyss

Die Hard 1,2,3

etc etc

Please add "Unfaithful" to this list.

Thanks.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Yeah - it's done very well. Especially when you consider the timing of it's release (SpiderMan, Star Wars etc).

I'd like to see the full Fox E.P.K. and some B-roll footage.

I'm sure there is some Alternative Endings (rumored to be 6!), and deleted scenes.

Interviews with Lane, Gere etc and the 30 minute "Making Of" docs and "First Look" docs would be great as well.

Trevor Bateman

Stunt Coordinator
Apparently work is underway on the DVD. No other details.

I hope they release it around October or something like that, to help promote the films Academy Award chances.

Anyway, knowing Fox, I'm sure it will be a great DVD package.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
It looks like "UNFAITHFUL"'s gonna make more money than "MOULIN ROUGE" and "FROM HELL" at the boxoffice, so it should get a great 2 disc edition. Especially when you consider the great editions for both of those films, and "UNFAITHFUL"'s critical success.

With a two hour plus runtime, a 2 disc set is a must I think.

Trevor Bateman

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

My query is regarding the critical and commercial hit thriller "Unfaithful" starring Diane Lane and Richard Gere.

This highly acclaimed hit film by Adrian Lyne has now grossed over $100 million at the worldwide boxoffice (and still going).

Could you release a 'loaded' special edition of this great title on DVD (2 discs would be great!), and could you also use the stylish, classy and sexy 'A' version of the theatrical artwork (the one with Diane Lane laying on Olivier Martinez's bare chest) for the DVD and VHS cover artwork?

Please use it as it has become the movies symbol.

Many thanks,

Trevor.

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
And Fox, please time encode or at least mention the length of any supplements. It is so annoying not having any clue how long the extras are.

Ron Birk

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Fox,

If Adrian Lyne is O.K. with it - please could you use "seamless branching" on the "UNFAITHFUL" DVD release so that the film can be playable with all deleted scenes and alternate endings as part of the film? So that the viewer can watch different versions of the film if they wish. Obviously, this would mean that the deleted scenes and alternate endings would need to be anamorphic and in Dolby Digital and DTS (if applicable), which would be nice anyway.

Lastly, please do include all the films trailers and TV trailers. They were excellent! The HBO "First Look" and the "Making Of Unfaithful" documentaries and cast and crew bios. Oh, and some commentaries would be great as well.

Thanx.

Seamless branching. Yeah, that would be GREAT!

I too thought that the trailers and TV spots were excellent. I hope that they are all included.

"UNFAITHFUL" loaded special edition - December 17th!!!
"UNFAITHFUL" loaded special edition - December 17th!!!
The full specs for the smash hit Diane Lane / Richard Gere thriller "Unfaithful" (the latest controversial tale of infidelity from Adrian "Fatal Attraction" Lyne):
1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer
English 5.1 dolby digital soundtrack
English and French 2.0 dolby surround tracks
English and Spanish subtitles
Audio commentary by director and producer Adrian Lyne
Audio commentary with stars Diane Lane and Richard Gere
11 deleted scenes with optional commentary
Alternate ending with optional commentary
"An Affair to Remember – Making of Unfaithful" featurette
"Scene Editing with editor Anne Coates" featurette
Charlie Rose Show interview with Diane Lane
Director's script notes
Still gallery
Theatrical trailers and TV spots
Cast and info: Link Removed
Release date: December 17th, 2002
"Unfaithful" has now grossed $110 million at the boxoffice to date, and Diane Lane has been nominated for several awards for her lead performance. If you like the movie, this looks like a great DVD package!
Thank you FOX and NEW REGENCY!! This DVD looks awesome!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.