What's new

How can people not wash their hands? (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yuck!
in my workplace, i constantly see people who go go to the bathroom then leave without washing their hands!
the thought of them doing a "number two" and NOT washing their hands makes my skin crawl.
i cannot conceive of such a thing - not washing your hands. it's gotten to the point where i use the paper towel that i dried my hands with to open the bathroom door.
one of my female co-workers confirmed that she's seen the women do the same thing.
maybe i'm developing a fear of germs or something.
anyway, just had to get that off my chest...
did i mention yuck?

GordonL

Supporting Actor
One would think that after years of practice, people ought to be able to use the bathroom without soiling themselves. :D
Yes, I agree, a filthy practice. People who don't wash weren't trained properly by their parents so what can you do. I also use the paper towel to shut off the faucet, otherwise...Aaacckkk! :)

Leo Hinze

Stunt Coordinator
Ever eat food at a bowling alley while bowling? Think of all the people there that used the restroom, but did not wash their hands. Then they bowled some more. And the put thier grubby little fingers into the holes in the ball. Then they leave. Then you pick up the ball. Then you eat some food with the hands that touched the ball. Imagine licking your fingers after eating, and saying "Mmmmmm good." :)
Don't get me started on grocery store shopping carts. Or movie theater floors.
One curious thing about bathrooms is the door handle. I once did engineering work for a pharmaceutical company. Company policy was to wash hands before returning to work. Yet the company had manual faucets, and manual doors. Somebody pointed this out to management, and now they have automatic facuets and doors. Once you wash, you don't have to touch anything else.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I don't even want to tell you what my fiance witnessed when we were on a road trip last week....
It absolutely drives me nuts when guys use the restroom and don't wash their hands!! REGARDLESS of what they are doing :angry: I really don't want to know what filth is all over the door, handle or otherwise.
for those of you who don't, and don't think about it, think about that the next time you eat out and PRAY that the person making your food does wash. :eek:
smiley_urinate.gif

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
well, at least my work does have the automated toilets and faucets. but you still have to open the door...which is totally gross.
i'll run to catch up with someone who is already going through the door if i can! :)
leo - it's totally funny that you bring up the bowling alley thing. the primary reason i do NOT like to bowl is because the thought of my feet touching someone else's "toe cheese" is just too much to bear.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
great article bill! fwiw, i clean my cube with disinfectant at least onnce every couple of weeks...that includes my keyboard, mouse, and phone/head-set.

yes, i'm somewhat anal...

ack...i hope i haven't started something i'm going to regret. next thing i know someone is going to tell me that breating the air could cause germ contamination. wait....

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The solution to rest room doors should be relatively obvious - out swinging, push door. It's sort of OK on the way in, but washing and then grabbing the door handle, well you might as well not have washed. Most newer, large public places, such as stadiums, airports, etc... often have no doors, just obstructed views in and lots of ventilation.
Part of it is germs, but really, germs or not, it's just nasty. There's no way of being completely clean, or avoiding things like money, doors, public in general, but in the case of washing one's hands, well there's definitely a conscious choice there.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
well said john! in my opinion, it's just laziness to not spend 15 seconds to wash your hands...besides...getting your own or anyone elses "funk" all over the place is gross!

ocd?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I know three people who all have some form of OCD, one who was rather bad about her particular compulsion.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
When going to the bathroom, this is what you should do to get out of there without toching anything directly:
After you do your thing, go directly to the paper towels and grab a bunch.
Turn on the faucet, then dry them with the paper towel
Turn off the faucet with the paper towel.
Grab the door handle with the paper towel
hodl the door open and throw away the paper towel
Now if you got the blow drying ones, you're screwed :P

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

No, in that case I get some toilet tissue to open the door with.

Went on a cave tour yesterday. They almost always have one stalagmite that the guide encourages every to touch, the rest of the cave being strictly, "Hands Off." I'm always amazed at the number of people that will reach out and put their hands on what is nothing less than a thick layer of human grease. Why do you think that rock is black?

Jim

Michael*K

Screenwriter
With my job in computer support, I have to type on dozens of different keyboards a week. Let your imagination run wild and you can probably think of some of the things I find on the keys. Because of that, I usually scrub my hands raw about 10 times a day trying to keep them clean.
One odd story...our office switched to a casual dress policy about two years ago. At the time there was a single partner that vigorously opposed the move, saying it detracted from the Firm's "professional" image. The office went casual, but the killer is that this partner walks around the place constantly with a stinking ass cigar in his mouth and smells like he bathes once or twice a decade. Worse, the guy skips out of the bathroom after a shit or piss without a drop of water ever touching his hands! :angry: Disgusting! I wonder how "professional" the Firm's clients would feel if they knew this guy's hygiene habits as he's glad-handing them on a daily basis.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Personally, I feel like I should wash my hands BEFORE I do my business. Think about it: The first thing I do in the morning is get up and take a shower. I scrub the heck out of the man who does my thinking, dry off and tuck him into a nice clean pair of underwear. All day long, he sits there and stays clean in my pants while my hands come into contact with money, door handles, other people, etc. All sorts of nasty things. But the man downstairs stays nice and clean. Now, you head into the bathroom, pull him out, and get the germs on your hands all over him.

That said, I scrub the heck out of my hands when I'm done, but it's not because I just touched my sparkling clean penis (can I say that word here??). It's because my hands are dirty from touching everything else in the world. I flush the toilet with my foot so I don't have to touch that, I wash my hands off then turn the faucet off with a big clump of paper towels. I then open the door handle with the paper towels so I don't have to touch that nasty handle.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks