What's new

What would you do if the original Star Wars films come out on DVD today? (1 Viewer)

Oscar

Second Unit
Personally, i would have reserved my copy on www.amazon.com
And wait for it, also another question is what kind of features would you like on it?.
Certainly my only hope is that neither of the leader´s of Lucasfilm say that the SW are not going to be released on DVD but on DVHS!.
I mean i don´t have anything against DVHS, but it would be nice that the DVD and DVHS came out at the same time, or how about a high bitrate HD-DVD?
Wow, we only can dream.
But i would buy the DVD or the HD-DVD. Depending, but not the DVHS, even though i think it is cool, it dosen´t apply to me.
But the MOST obvious of questions is: Why cannot Lucasfilm just release a bare-bones release? While we wait for the spiffy Deluxe Edition?!.
Only if the world was perfect.... :D

Oscar

Second Unit
No,no,no,no,no.

Please, don´t take this one to polls!.

This is NOT a poll!.

I want people to give some sort of summary of what they will do, ok?

(Sorry for that kind of strict attitude)

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I would piss and moan about how much I hate the Special Editions that Lucas released. And that It sure is a good thing that I have the unaltered unfucked with versions on trusty old laserdisc :D

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Brian, Oscar asked what we would do if the original Star Wars films came out. I take that to mean the original unaltered unfucked with versions. If this is the case, this is, duh, a no brainer. What would I do? I'd buy 'em in a heartbeat. :emoji_thumbsup:

Lafe F

Second Unit
I'd have myself a big Star Wars film festival before going off to see Episode II.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Uh, I'd buy 'em. And watch 'em. And, if they're done decently, post a thank-you to Lucas and Fox. What else did you think we'd be saying, Oscar?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
If they were OAR and Anamorphic I would run out and buy them. If they had seamless branching for the original version or the SE's that would be a BIG bonus.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I suppose what Oscar is asking here is if the original Star Wars movies were released today in bare-bones fashion, would we purchase them?
Well ... I would! In a heartbeat!!!
Curiously, there was a rumor that circulated back in 1999 that Lucas was pondering doing just that.
According to this rumor, Lucas would have released all three of the original OT movies in non-anamorphic widescreen ... on one DVD-18!! (You would flip the disc over in the middle of Empire.)
Supposedly, the idea was shot down by Fox, who decided that yields were not good enough on DVD-18 at the time for such a massive release. When they suggested going to three DVD-9's, Lucas dropped the whole idea.
Just one of the many crazy rumors out there regarding what has become the Holy Grail of DVD!

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I'd buy it with bare bones movie. Maybe flipper D-9's with the original version on one side and the SE on the other side. Say $30 bucks a pop. Nice pocket change for Fox & Lucasfilms.

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
I'd cry.. with both joy and anguish..

I bought a copy of both the SEs and the Definitive Collection LD set and a laserdisc player to watch them on not 2 weeks ago.

Of course, I'd buy them.

Tony Scello

Second Unit
I think I'd soil myself;). Then, as long as they were in OAR and enhanced for widescreen TV's, I'd rush out and buy them.

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
I'd go shopping for a used copy of the Definitive LD box at a reasonable price. ;)
As to the festival before seeing AOTC, it looks like that's what my geek bachelor party is gonna be.

Todd Phillips

Second Unit
I'd ask the baboons "where did you put the custard mustard?" and then I'd slip on my spliggle, hoping not to catch too much of the falling sprites, twinkling down, down, down, down, down from heaven, in that most magical way (that sometimes fightens small children and their pets). Of course, I'd have to finish my dinner since it was dusk and I can't play outside when the wind is blowing the dusk in my eyes...
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Of course I'd buy them! What other answer is there?
(this isn't a poll, cause only one response is possible.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks