Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

A Plea To 20th Century Fox on Planet of the Apes

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   DaveX

DaveX

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted August 04 2001 - 06:53 PM

Please, Fox, release all of the endings on the Planet of the Apes DVD. I'm sure many others (actually who wouldn't want this?) would like this on DVD. Please hear us, and keep doing a great job on the DVD's. Show us that the new film can highly overdo the old film (with, of course, the extra endings and added features, plus the already amazing film). A rerelease for the old Planet of the Apes would be spectacular too!

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted August 05 2001 - 03:48 AM

I haven't seen the new POTA yet, so don't spoil anything for me okay? Just "Yes" or "No": Are there mulitple endings available for this film, as you imply? Like "Clue"?
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Dan Huey

Dan Huey

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted August 05 2001 - 06:42 AM

Sorry, but there is only one ending. When asked about multiple endings, Burton claimed it was just a bogus rumor.
Sign the Ultimate "Halloween H20" DVD petition or e-mail Anchor Bay's website to show your support!! Here is the link for the petition-
http://www.123petiti....missouri.org$2
Thanks!

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   DaveX

DaveX

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted August 05 2001 - 09:35 AM

Sorry about saying "30th Century Fox". A little typo there. As to there being multiple endings, countless, reliable film sites (such as ign.filmforce.com and more) reported that Burton had gone back weeks before POTA was going to be released to shoot (a) new ending(s). This news was on most news sites, some not even primarily film sites. Did anyone else see it?

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Deane Johnson

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor

• 528 posts

Posted August 05 2001 - 09:46 AM

And I thought you were making an implication that it would be named 30th Century Fox before we saw an anamorphic transfer of the set. Posted Image

Deane

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Dan Huey

Dan Huey

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted August 05 2001 - 02:24 PM

Would you really take a websites word over the Director himself?
Sign the Ultimate "Halloween H20" DVD petition or e-mail Anchor Bay's website to show your support!! Here is the link for the petition-
Thanks!

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   rhett

rhett

Supporting Actor

• 571 posts

Posted August 05 2001 - 03:25 PM

I think the old POTA could really benefit from a new rerelease, with improved audio and video, and some really killer supplements! Releasing this coinsiding with the new film when it comes on DVD is a no brainer! Please Fox! ------------------ "Why don't we just wait here for a while...see what happens."
"The Night HE Came Home"

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   DaveX

DaveX

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted August 05 2001 - 07:04 PM

A lot of the time, studio executives are not allowed to divulge all the information. Sometimes they don't want to too. I would trust countless reliable sites over an exec. I wouldn't be surpsied if a news site like CNN or a magazine like "Entertainment" reported this also.

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Dan Huey

Dan Huey

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted August 05 2001 - 07:38 PM

But he's not just a studio exec, he's the Director!
Thanks!

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Jaxon's Dad

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor

• 837 posts
  • LocationMid-West, USA

Posted August 06 2001 - 05:44 AM

quote: "But he's not just a studio exec, he's the Director!" Yeah but Star Wars Director George Lucas claimed that Greedo was always supposed to shoot first... ------------------ ~Marriage is great but she keeps leaving the toilet seat down...~
The Star Wars Special Editions: Just 'cause you can, don't mean you should.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users