What's new

Next batch of MGM 'Midnight Movies' announced (1 Viewer)

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Detailed information on the August 27th batch is up at the always-reliable http://www.dvddrive-in.com/ , but the good news is...double features!
The Oblong Box / Scream and Scream Again
Deranged / Motel Hell
What's The Matter With Helen? / Whoever Slew Auntie Roo?
The Attic / Crawlspace
Masque of the Red Death / The Premature Burial
All are double-sided and 16x9 enhanced, and all but the Masque/Burial DVD (2.35:1) are presented at an aspect ratio of 1.85:1.
DVD Drive-In also mentioned that special edition releases of The Fog, Last House on the Left, and Return of the Living Dead are slated to hit store shelves on Aug. 27th as well.
The Believers, Edge of Sanity, Needful Things, Teen Wolf / Teen Wolf 2, and the longer version of Vampire's Kiss should be in stores before August is out.
Wow. Thanks MGM! :)

DennisTuck

Grip
I'm really looking forward to seeing what extra stuff they've managed to collect for a special edition of John Carpenter's THE FOG. Anyone have any idea what was included on the laserdisc release???
DT :D :emoji_thumbsup:

M

MaxY

Wow Finally Motel Hell. I have to go off and fo my Happy Happy Joy Joy Dance now!!!
I wrote to MGM about this title and even got an e-mail back from them saying they were working on it.
I just gotta say I love what MGM is doing these days. Now I just have to thank my Satanic god that it is a widescreen 16x9 title.
Max

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Great News!!!!!
What a magnificent job MGM is doing with this line.
Double features for $14.95!!!
All 16x9 enhanced!!!!!!!!
Vampire's Kiss the long Version!!!!!!
SE's of Return of the Living Dead & The Fog!!!!
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Todd_B

Second Unit
Way to go MGM! Leo is back ;)
I'll be picking up all of these titles for sure.
Todd B

Will K

Screenwriter
Talk about waking up to some good news. My wallet won't be too happy come August, though. Will be nice to finally have Motel Hell in my collection. Too bad Rory Clahoun and Nancy "Miss Balbricker" Parsons aren't around to provide a commentary.

Does anyone know if this Deranged is the 70's take on the Ed Gein story starring Roberts Blossom?

I do hope Edge Of Sanity is the uncut version, complete with the gore and nudity. Not exactly a great movie, but hey, it's Tony Perkins.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
MGM uses to be on the top of my shitlist but in the last year or so, they have become my favorite studio by far! :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Wow. Very cool. Some odd pairings (The Oblong Box & Scream and Scream Again?), but I'm impressed (and soon to be broke).

And Will, I'd be very surprised if "Deranged" was NOT the Ed Gein/Roberts Blossom film. I saw it a few years back and it's surprisingly good.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
I was hoping they'd put out Death Line aka Raw Meat. But I suppose I'll make do with The Fog, Return of the Living Dead and Last House on the Left. :D

George_Reis

Stunt Coordinator
I just wanted to mention that DERANGED is the Bob Clark film as it was originally released by AIP in 1974. I'm going to but "(1974)" next to it, so that everyone will know which version we're talking about.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Scream & Scream Again!!! Wow, it's been ages since I've seen that one.
Good thing I'm not buying much from May-July. August is shaping up to be pretty expensive.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Anyone know if "The Fog" SE's supplements are the same ones (i.e. the commentary in particular) from the Image LD? Looking forward to this one!

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Mark: Both the DVD and Laserdisc have commentary by John Carpenter and Debra Hill. Presumably it's the same. The notes on DVD Drive-In sound like it has almost everything else the Laserdisc offers (outtakes, trailer, TV spots), as well as a new documentary and featurette. The only supplement from the Laserdisc that doesn't appear to have been ported over is the LD's isolated score.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks