Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Paramount Star Trek V

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 1,805 posts

Posted July 30 2001 - 09:05 AM

With the certain success of the Star Trek : The Motion Picture The Director's Edition DVD. I'm curious if Paramount has given any thought to redoing Star Trek V. Probably a certain long shot, but just curious I guess. I think the fans would really love it, I'm sure Mr. Shatner would like to give us the film he actually wanted and was unable to deliver due to budget constraints at the time.

#2 of 8 Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit

• 472 posts

Posted July 30 2001 - 11:22 AM

I actually thought it was an OK movie, but some kind of director's cut would be nice.

------------------
Posted Image
"We make it hard...the easy way."

Funniest line I have ever read in DVD a review: "'The Simple Life' stars rich, spoiled friends Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie as two rich, spoiled friends who are taken out of their posh Los Angeles lifestyle and deposited in a small town in Arkansas..."

#3 of 8 Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor

• 781 posts

Posted July 30 2001 - 12:49 PM

I have never owned this movie and still don't. It was a pathetic attempt by Roddenberry to give us his view of God through the Star Trek franchise. It was the weakest of the Trek films, and not well done by any stretch. But yes, I know there were lots of problems beyond Shatner's control.

Ironically, a director's cut might just what I need to push me over the edge and finally buy this disk.

So...okay! Lets do it! Posted Image
Peter

My Collection

#4 of 8 TheBat

TheBat

Producer

• 3,000 posts

Posted July 30 2001 - 02:09 PM

Roddenbarry had nothing to do with star trek V. I heard that the FX team that is working on star trek 1, might do work on star trek v.. Add the 6 rock creatures that Shatner wanted in star trek 5. I would like to see the director's cut too.

JACOB

------------------

The #1 Unoffcial Site Of Sarah Douglas
www.angelfire.com/ca4/sarahdouglas
Please vote for the uncut version of Conan The Destroyer on dvd
http://www.hometheat....ML/002724.html

#5 of 8 Adrian_P

Adrian_P

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts

Posted July 30 2001 - 02:27 PM

I just watched this on tape yesterday and thought it wasn't the best of Star Trek movies but was actually not as bad as people say it is. I enjoyed it personally. Would love to see a Director's Cut of this film.

#6 of 8 Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted July 30 2001 - 04:26 PM

Include the homebrew MST3K that was done Posted Image
Rocks Rocks Rocks Rocks Rocks Rocks Rocks Rocks
And here comes Mr. Spock!

Jeff Kleist

#7 of 8 Brion Lydon

Brion Lydon

Stunt Coordinator

• 143 posts

Posted July 31 2001 - 02:26 AM

I'm with Tim and the others. I want a Trek V director's cut!

#8 of 8 John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted July 31 2001 - 06:25 AM

I'm skeptical, but if there is a good movie hiding inside of Star Trek 5, I'd love to see it.

Could we get those digital-shadow guys from Eyes Wide Shut to make an appearance in Uhura's dance scene? Posted Image

------------------
Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.

Save Stargate SG-1 Season 6

View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate