Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Paramount...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 of 19 OFFLINE   Joe McCabe

Joe McCabe

Second Unit

• 339 posts

Posted July 01 2001 - 11:48 AM

This great idea came from John Williamson, and I used Paint Shop Pro to bring it to life, so to speak.

When you guys finally get around to doing a new version of Titanic, we think this would be a great cover for it.

John Williamson: "I have even envisioned the case, it would be brushed aluminum just like the T2 case, except it would be black, with rivets embossed all over it, and the title 'T i t a n i c' in gold embossed on the front. To make it look like the case is made from a piece of the ship's hull. Man that would be so cool!"

Me:
Posted Image

This would be a fantastic touch to a two disc special edition. Posted Image

#2 of 19 OFFLINE   Larry Gardner

Larry Gardner

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted July 01 2001 - 04:13 PM

Joe:

FYI:www.titanicmovie.com also has a background pic of the hull and rivets based on the type used in the film.

Could add a little color. Check the site out. There are other backgrounds as well.

BTW: I also like yours as well.

------------------

#3 of 19 OFFLINE   GregBarron

GregBarron

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted July 01 2001 - 04:53 PM

To Paramount and Martin B., First a HUGE thank you for the work you've done with the Godfather trilogy....from what I can see this will be quite a set. Secondly, I want to ask that you seriously consider a S.E. of Titanic. I'm sure it will fly off the shelves....with lots of special features, anamorphic transfer, maybe even DTS sound. Please give James Cameron a push if need be to get this ball rolling. I'm also in favor of the box art shown above with the aluminium cover and the rivets....very classy looking and very fitting of such a blockbuster movie. Thank you in advance, Greg

#4 of 19 OFFLINE   Joe McCabe

Joe McCabe

Second Unit

• 339 posts

Posted July 01 2001 - 05:39 PM

Here's a re-do (alternate).

Posted Image

#5 of 19 OFFLINE   Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter

• 1,172 posts

Posted July 01 2001 - 07:16 PM

Hey Joe,

If I sent you what little artwork I have, do you think you could make one of those mockup covers for my little Paramount crusade LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THE FABULOUS STAINS? Posted Image

Well, you can't fault a guy for asking. Posted Image

------------------
"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal
"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal

#6 of 19 OFFLINE   Travis D

Travis D

Second Unit

• 370 posts

Posted July 02 2001 - 12:36 AM

I REALLY like the second one, just lose the strips at the top though. I would buy this with out thinking if a 2 disc Titanic set came out. Although, I'd buy 3 if came with the aluminum cover your proposing.
*Child holds up Fullscreen version*
Child : Lord of the Rings, Lord of the Rings! Daddy, what does it say at the top? I can't read it.
Father : There are few who can. The language is that of Mordor, which I shall not utter here.
Child : Mordor?
Father : In the common tongue, it reads, 'One...

#7 of 19 OFFLINE   Matthew Todd

Matthew Todd

Second Unit

• 339 posts

Posted July 02 2001 - 03:05 PM

I like it! Matt ------------------ "Do not use to unclog a disposal drain." - On a box of Dynamite (from Joseph Howard)
"Do not use to unclog a disposal drain." - On a box of Dynamite (from Joseph Howard)

#8 of 19 OFFLINE   Paul Chi

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts

Posted July 02 2001 - 10:41 PM

Dude, the cover is sweet looking. I really hope that Paramount will come to their senses and release a special edition of this film. I have been holding out on buying the current edition because of the lack of extras. Please Paramount release a new edition!

#9 of 19 OFFLINE   Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter

• 1,153 posts

Posted July 03 2001 - 04:32 PM

Ditto here too! I wanna see some deleted scenes! DTS would rule on this one too! ------------------ "I always thought two rights made a U-turn."
My Extensive DVD collection.

Shameless Webpage Plug: My Movie Reviews.

#10 of 19 OFFLINE   Jerry Gracia

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor

• 537 posts

Posted July 04 2001 - 06:57 AM

Very nice! I buy an SE of TITANIC in a heart beat! ------------------ LuvLBX The screen isn't half empty, it's half full.
I do not have anything clever nor’ interesting to place in my signature box…so I’ll leave it blank.

#11 of 19 OFFLINE   JasonTil

JasonTil

Agent

• 46 posts

Posted July 05 2001 - 08:39 PM

If I remember right, getting Titanic on a single DVD was quite a feat. I doubt that it would be feasible for Paramount to include a DTS track unless the movie was spread out over two discs. At that point, we would probably have a lot of complaints about having two discs. I, for one, would love to have a DTS version of Titanic even if it required two discs. Oh, and Paramount, while you're at it, how bout anamorphic/DTS versions of Clear and Present Danger and Hunt for Red October. Jason Tilley

#12 of 19 OFFLINE   Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted July 27 2001 - 07:18 AM

If Paramount decides to release new editions of the Jack Ryan movies, I'm thinking they would probably do it next summer so it would coincide with the theatrical release of The Sum of All Fears. [Edited last by Daniel Kikin on July 27, 2001 at 10:19 AM]

#13 of 19 OFFLINE   Stephen Smith

Stephen Smith

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted July 27 2001 - 09:05 PM

Personally, I will not buy the current copy of Titanic because it is not Anamorphic. And if it does get released again, I think it should come out in DTS as well. They did a DTS laserdisc version which was totally awesome. It would be nice to get the best picture and sound on one disc. ------------------

#14 of 19 OFFLINE   David Coleman

David Coleman

Supporting Actor

• 763 posts

Posted July 27 2001 - 10:06 PM

Would everyone still be interested in TITANIC if they offered DTS/DD but split it over 2 disc?

#15 of 19 OFFLINE   Jon D

Jon D

Stunt Coordinator

• 166 posts

Posted July 27 2001 - 10:59 PM

I think a SE would be a good idea, but DTS is probably not a realistic expectation. Paramount is probably the only studio left that has never released a DTS DVD and seems to have no plans to do so. Aside from that, bring on the SE! ------------------ Gee, I hope this doesn't lower your opinion of me
"It's got sex, it's got violence, it's got the ethnic angle......."

"Yeah, so does a lady wrestler with a foreign accent"

#16 of 19 OFFLINE   Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie

Producer

• 3,636 posts

Posted July 28 2001 - 07:17 AM

[quote]

Would everyone still be interested in TITANIC if they offered DTS/DD but split it over 2 disc?

[quote]

If they used the same audio master used for the DTS LaserDisc, absolutely.
No longer here.

#17 of 19 OFFLINE   Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman

Screenwriter

• 2,714 posts

Posted July 28 2001 - 08:44 AM

Yeah, we would. However, there should be a full director's cut with a kick ass DTS track (full bitrate) along the lines of Sony's possible SuperBit DVDs. No Dolby Digital to make room for better video quality. Dan

#18 of 19 OFFLINE   Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter

• 1,153 posts

Posted July 29 2001 - 05:09 PM

Umm...I would need both DD and DTS, becuase I don't have DTS on all my T.Vs guys... I wouldn't have a problem with the movie being split over two discs..even though it would mean a 3-disc set...probably... Still would be cool. ------------------ "I've been all around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding."
My Extensive DVD collection.

Shameless Webpage Plug: My Movie Reviews.

#19 of 19 OFFLINE   Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit

• 472 posts

Posted July 29 2001 - 05:58 PM

That is a sweeeeeeet case! Paramount and other studios ought to hire some of the members here!

------------------
Posted Image
"We make it hard...the easy way."

Funniest line I have ever read in DVD a review: "'The Simple Life' stars rich, spoiled friends Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie as two rich, spoiled friends who are taken out of their posh Los Angeles lifestyle and deposited in a small town in Arkansas..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users