What's new

*** Official "STAR WARS & EPISODE II" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
Hello everyone. I don't see any problem with the teaser for EPII. After seeing it, I was stunned. I was stunned because it did what a teaser trailer should do: GET US EXCITED WITHOUT GIVING AWAY ANYTHING! I read all these comments on how the teaser was "lame" or "too short" or just "boring". Some of you people need to wake up. I don't mean to criticize you, but this was a good teaser. I found it to be unique from most trailers and that is what I liked about it. I think one reason some people don't like it is because they have already read billions of spoilers and log on everyday to get news news and more news. I'm not going to ruin the experience for myself, so I chose to just wait for the film. I mean I know stuff about it, but some folks just wanna know everything. So if you people (you know who you are) are not happy with the teaser, its your own fault. Adieu for now.
Aaron Garman

Luis A

Second Unit
" So if you people (you know who you are) are not happy with the teaser, its your own fault."
Amen brother! L

Pete_w

Agent
Great teaser...makes me want to see the movie even more now..for those who complain of the length..it is a teaser trailer and it is a great tease

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I have pics from the trailer... but I'm not about to post them here! I just got banned from TF.N for posting them less than two minutes after posting them. This amuses me, since you'd figure LFL would want to spread the publicity as far as they could. Still, I'm impressed with their efficiency there.
And these low-res, shitty quality, head-blocked pics I have look pretty sweet.
------------------
My DVD Collection
My Preorders
My Wishlist
Potter is coming...

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I must sya that it was pretty decent...made me more excited for the NEXT teaser, available in a week online, and the NEXT NEXT teaser with HP. I must agree with the one gent who stated that the best thing in the trailer was...Natalie Portman! By far
biggrin.gif

Take care,
Chuck
[Edited last by Chuck Mayer on November 02, 2001 at 09:21 PM]

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
Anybody else catch that awesome looking base/platform in the middle of a stormy ocean?
I got nothing but good vibes while watching this. I have a feeling that these next two films will not disappoint.
------------------
-Dwayne

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Kick ass. And I have grown to be semi-disgusted by TPM.
This trailer is well-done, very well-done. The Darth breathing over the whole thing. Nice crisp cuts that allow the visuals to sink in without hanging on too long. Shows you the characters (including Boba Fett...or is that Boba's dad in this film...flying upward near some tower in a dark, rainy Blade Runner looking shot).
I saw some CGI that looked to be in the "too much" catagory, but I can live with that just like I can live with Hitch's matte paintings. The key will be if it serves the story.
There look to be some nice looking shots in the film.
As I said in the Monsters discussion thread, the coolest thing about this trailer is that it is cut and done in a mature style, despite playing in front of Monsters. In fact, it was almost out of place following the Harry Potter and Peter Pan 2 trailers.
Now whether it was just someone's idea to cut the trailer with a dark theme, or if it represents the real approach being taken to the film, it gives me hope.
BTW, the Potter trailer is nice too. 2 trailers WITHOUT a guy going "in a world". What's the world coming to, good taste or something?? :)

Randall Z

Stunt Coordinator
"In a word, AWESOME"
yeah it was. It was cool to hear people clapping when the Lucasfilm logo flashed on the screen. I really don't see what all the negativity is about. It showed a brief glimpse into the film, hence the term Teaser. The good one will be the one attached to HP. I will probably have to wear a diaper for it because I might wet myself!

Rob T

Screenwriter
I believe Lucasfilm is putting an online version of it up on the 6th. 4th long agonizing days to go.
tongue.gif

I loved the Eppy 2 teaser. I wasn't really all that excited about this movie, like I was with TPM, but now I can't wait for May 2002.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Great teaser. I agree with the idea of the "teaser" and really would rather see that than a boiling down of the entire movie into 2 minutes. I also heard a lot of applause and hooting for the Lucasfilm Logo. Lucas still can get people stirred up. I was disappointed by Ep. 1, but I still own it and will be there for Ep. 2 with bells on. Even a bad Lucas Star Wars movie is better than most other space opera out there. I hope his hiring of a real writer will help out a bit (if George, an obvious control freak, left it alone). Maybe for the third movie, he will cede writing to a writer and directing to a director and will do what he does best: Produce. We will see.
Phil
------------------
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
I loved it, plenty of beautiful images--starting with Natalie Pormtan of course--and a general mood that seems to be on the right track. Teasers and trailers can be decieving, but here's hoping AOTC lives up to our expectations.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
It was fine, some nice images and all, and certainly gives you a better taste of the movie than say, Lost World, JP3, or Godzilla did.
But, it just didn't give me any sort of rush. Not like with the teaser for Ep1. All it did was was leave me wanting to see the real trailer(s).
As I said in the Monsters discussion thread, the coolest thing about this trailer is that it is cut and done in a mature style, despite playing in front of Monsters. In fact, it was almost out of place following the Harry Potter and Peter Pan 2 trailers.

Where I was we also got to see Jimmy Neutron, Ice Age, and Snow Dogs (Poor Cuba Gooding Jr.) Star Wars certainly seemed out of place along side all of those.
------------------

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
I felt that the Star Wars teaser should have played first. The first few full length trailers were fairly "impactful", and the toned downed SW teaser at the end of of the previews kind of let the steam out of the audience. Following "Johnny Neutron" and "Stuart Little 2", the Lucasfilm logo almost felt out of place. However, it was still very good without revealing too much, but offering a glimpse at the tone of this film.
Any idea if the teaser will be available for download?

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, there is no teaser in theaters here in Podunk, USA. That's the word I'm hearing from folks..even heard a local radio DJ making a comment about it earlier this evening. That's how sad it is with our theaters here. They're absolutely terrible, ran by a cheapskate who doesn't believe in maintenance for his equipment.
Sorry for the mini-rant. Thanks for listening.
wink.gif

------------------
B00005LC4P.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
6305499128.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
0792846427.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
6305165912.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
B00003CXRM.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

My Top 10 Movies of 2000 of 2001
Fox: Please release P.C.U. on DVD!
[Edited last by John Thomas on November 03, 2001 at 04:43 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks