What's new

SECOND MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT - STAR WARS: ep2 - TRAILER ALERT! (1 Viewer)

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Be advised that all prints of the film MONSTERS, INC. will contain the new STAR WARS: EP2 trailers.
So.... for those wishing to get the jump.... MONSTERS opens next weekend (Nov. 2)
Dugger

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I don't think that this time people are going to pay a full ticket just to see the trailer. This time people will be more careful. The magical times of the months before the TPM release are long gone! In case anyone wants, you can read the full description of the trailer on theforce.net.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad the trailer is attached to a movie I actually want to see, unlike Meet Joe Black, or Wing Commander.
Also, isn't the AOTC trailer availible on the TPM DVD if you have a DVD ROM?
[Edited last by Richard Kim on October 25, 2001 at 06:32 AM]

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
The DVD ROM section of Episode 1 just has a check thing to allow you into the website sometime next month so you can download it then. Believe me, if they had done something as useful as actually stick the trailer file on the disc you'd know all about it...
To be fair though, thats because it wasn't finished at the time of pressing the masters of the discs. Anyway, if anyone was silly enough to be considering missing a new Pixar film this should do the trick.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
How did Fox manage to persuade Disney/Pixar to attach a trailer to one of their films? Or is it just that Fox is *requesting* that the trailer get attached to Monsters, Inc.? Very curious, if it's actually "in the can" with Monsters.
[Edited last by Peter Apruzzese on October 25, 2001 at 07:38 AM]

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
How did Fox manage to persuade Disney/Pixar to attach a trailer to one of their films?
I saw the Phantom Menace trailer before A Bug's Life so this doesn't surprise me at all.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I saw the Phantom Menace trailer before A Bug's Life so this doesn't surprise me at all.
There's a difference between a trailer being attached to a film at the theater and actually being shipped attached to the film in those octagonal canisters; the latter generally only happens when the movies are from the same studio/group. That a Fox/Lucasfilm trailer would be shipped attached to a Disney/Pixar film is really quite unusual.
But I'll take it. :)

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
The DVD ROM section of Episode 1 just has a check thing to allow you into the website sometime next month so you can download it then
Yes, November 9th is the day the trailer will be available for download.
------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace
AIM: Aureus91 / DVDs / ICQ: 58566493

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
So if I see Monsters, Inc., I'm guaranteed to see the Star Wars trailer before the movie? I'd heard the same thing about Wing Commander and Phantom Menace, but it wasn't true.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
quote: In case anyone wants, you can read the full description of the trailer on theforce.net.[/quote]
Were there not meant tyo be 3 teasers? One near silent, a short montage of images in a teaser attached before Monsters Inc, then a web only one on the 9th and finally a longer one with dialogue with a different movie in November (allegedly Harry Potter?)....
Forum member Mark Pfeiffer who said in another thread (Jens' Monsters Inc thread) that he got an AOTC teaser before an advance screening of Monsters Inc he saw was indeed the silent (only vader's breath) montage teaser. So the big full one described at Force.net still seems to be a few weeks off.
Like LOTR I've just kept away from following anything online about the movie (except for trailers) so I'm not too up on what the deal is trailer wise, but that's what I've been lead to believe recently. Correct me if I am wrong.
Dan (UK)
[Edited last by Dan Brecher on October 25, 2001 at 10:31 AM]

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Anyway, if anyone was silly enough to be considering missing a new Pixar film this should do the trick.
I'm silly!
biggrin.gif

Seriously, Toy Story and Toy Story 2 aside, I can't stand the Monsters, Inc. trailer and don't want to see the movie. Also, the program on my Phantom Menace disc crashes, so I won't be seeing it there, either. Any chance it'll show on E!'s Coming Attractions right away?

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I doubt if it will show up right away on E!'s Coming Attractions but I would wager that it will be on E! News Daily, Access Hollywood, and Entertainment Tonight sometime next week (probably Thursday). I am also one who has been underwhelmed by the trailer/commercials for Monsters so I think I will end up skipping it; my wife also has no interest so... I have to say, I am excited to see the trailer(s) for Episode 2 though I do think the silent one may not have much uuumph to it. If the guy who posted on theforce.net got the second (third?) trailer right, then that one sounds very good. Of course, the Episode 1 trailers were pretty good at the time as well. Staying cautiously optimistic....
------------------
"Wait a minute. Was she a great big fat person?"
My DVD Collection

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks, James. Now that I think of it, ET has become a great source for trailers. I first saw Spider-Man and Gangs of New York there, and, come to think of it, that's where I originally saw the first Phantom Menace trailer! Will keep my eyes peeled (though, I'm sure I'll read about it here first if/when they schedule it).

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
WRT the Ep. 2 trailer attached to a Disney/pixar film I believe I have the answer. I've read that George Lucas and Steve Jobs are good friends and Jobs is one of the big wigs at Pixar. I think that the personal friendship allowed for the professional relationship to happen.
------------------
You want to upgrade again?!!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I'm going to see Monsters Inc next week. Any trailer in front of it will be bonus.
wink.gif

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
The magical times of the month before the TPM release are long gone!
Not for all of us, Sam. Not for me.
Oh god, how I want to see this trailer. If you haven't read the description at TheForce.Net, you should. It sounds very dark and very cool!
------------------
-J.Fo
"Why do I always get a warped one?"

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Jobs and Lucas are indeed friends; Pixar actually started out as a digital effects part of ILM, but were broken off into their own thing. Perhaps George didn't think there was any call for CGI in mainstream films...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks