Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Star Wars in Trouble?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 OFFLINE   JJR512

JJR512

Supporting Actor

• 619 posts

Posted October 24 2001 - 05:00 PM

Quote:
Star Wars in Trouble?

STAR WARS director GEORGE LUCAS and actor EWAN MCGREGOR have sparked speculation that the latest movie in the series has been hit by a serious problem.

The reports began when the pair mysteriously reappeared at London's EALING FILM STUDIOS after industry insiders had assumed the new episode ATTACK OF THE CLONES had already wrapped.

A sequel to THE PHANTOM MENACE, the movie was shot in London, Seville, Spain, and Australia, and is due to hit cinemas in Spring 2002.

According to London's EVENING STANDARD newspaper, an Ealing studio worker says, "I couldn't believe it when I turned up and bumped into George Lucas, and then there was Ewan.

"It means that there is some sort of trouble. They could be redubbing it also."
From Infobeat

(Not sure if this should be in Software or Movies or somewhere else.)

------------------
-Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
Posted Image
Join the JJR512.com Genome@home Team and help cure what ails you. (Click here for more info.)
Contact me: webmaster@jjr512.com | ICQ: 52675695 | Private Message
-Justin J. "JJR512" Rebbert
No matter how fast light travels, it always arrives to find the darkness already there, waiting for it.

#2 of 18 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,536 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted October 24 2001 - 05:03 PM

It's called post-production. Posted Image

Moving to Movies...

- Steve

#3 of 18 OFFLINE   Travis Hedger

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor

• 697 posts

Posted October 24 2001 - 06:01 PM

It's just pickup shots.

Basically they have a production schedule for the actual bulk of all shooting. They also have time set aside weeks or even months later to reshoot a scene or scenes incase something is actaully needed to be reworked or if it didnt turn out ok the first time. Same thing happened on Episode 1. No biggie here.

------------------
Travis -- "Contrary to popular belief, Travis Hedger, DID NOT infact invent DVD. He was just a very enthusiastic fan!!!"
HD DVD? Check! Blu Ray? Check! High Definition Satelite? Check! HD Gaming systems? Check! 100% High Definition across the board!
http://mrbiggles.blogspot.com

#4 of 18 OFFLINE   TheoGB

TheoGB

Screenwriter

• 1,753 posts

Posted October 24 2001 - 07:42 PM

Yeah, I mean they only finished the last one a few weeks before its release so I can imagine so remaining work with the real bits even now.

------------------
My band is @ http://www.mokita.net

My Novelty Coasters

#5 of 18 OFFLINE   Tom-G

Tom-G

Screenwriter

• 1,646 posts

Posted October 25 2001 - 02:04 AM

Quote:
they only finished the last one a few weeks before its release so I can imagine so remaining work with the real bits even now.

Indeed, George Lucas always works until the last minute even with Episodes IV, V and VI.

Just another case of the media getting it wrong.

------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace

AIM: Aureus91 / DVDs / ICQ: 58566493

#6 of 18 OFFLINE   Coressel

Coressel

Supporting Actor

• 668 posts

Posted October 25 2001 - 03:15 AM

Big trouble, indeed... I heard a nasty rumor that a couple of the actors were required to do MORE THAN ONE TAKE on certain shots! And that some laughter was heard around the set when someone made what is being called by inside souces a "mistake!"
Not only that, but Ewan is reported to have taken a moment off the set to read his script and attempt to LEARN HIS LINES!!

Shocking...

#7 of 18 OFFLINE   Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra

Producer

• 3,501 posts

Posted October 25 2001 - 03:25 AM

Quote:
Just another case of the media getting it wrong.

I wouldn't call the source of this article credible media let alone part of the so-called "media". Its garbage in, garbage out.

~Edwin

------------------
2001 Films List Posted Image AFI Top 100 Films Challenge: 1 To Go!
Posted Image
DVD Unwind: Paradise Now (Coming) • King Kong - - • KeaneThe Squid And The WhaleA History Of ViolenceHarry Potter and the Goblet of FireThe Best Of Youth (Italy) • Good Night And Good LuckHowl's Moving CastleWalk The Line - - • ZathuraNorth Country

#8 of 18 OFFLINE   JJR512

JJR512

Supporting Actor

• 619 posts

Posted October 25 2001 - 03:57 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't call the source of this article credible media let alone part of the so-called "media". Its garbage in, garbage out.
I'm not sure if I'm being the target of this remark, if it's Infobeat, or if it's Infobeat's source on this arcticle, "London's EVENING STANDARD newspaper". Hopefully, it's the latter, and I have no idea what their reputation is.

------------------
-Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
Posted Image
Join the JJR512.com Genome@home Team and help cure what ails you. (Click here for more info.)
No matter how fast light travels, it always arrives to find the darkness already there, waiting for it.

#9 of 18 OFFLINE   Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher

Producer

• 3,452 posts

Posted October 25 2001 - 04:01 AM

Indeed, understand that it is British nature to assume the worst at any given time. Posted Image

Dan (UK)

#10 of 18 OFFLINE   Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra

Producer

• 3,501 posts

Posted October 25 2001 - 04:30 AM

Justin, my remarks were meant for Infobeat, not you.

~Edwin
DVD Unwind: Paradise Now (Coming) • King Kong - - • KeaneThe Squid And The WhaleA History Of ViolenceHarry Potter and the Goblet of FireThe Best Of Youth (Italy) • Good Night And Good LuckHowl's Moving CastleWalk The Line - - • ZathuraNorth Country

#11 of 18 OFFLINE   JJR512

JJR512

Supporting Actor

• 619 posts

Posted October 25 2001 - 04:41 AM

I've been using Infobeat for most of the news I post on my own website. Most of the articles I've seen are from outside sources, such as The Associate Press or Reuters for "hard" news, Variety for entertainment news, and other similar sources. I visit some of these sources on the web directly, and frequently see backup of the articles I get from Infobeat.

I wouldn't consider Infobeat to be a "source". They are more like a reposter; they take news from other sources, condense it a bit, and re-post it through their own site or emails.

------------------
-Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
Posted Image

#12 of 18 OFFLINE   Anthony Hom

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor

• 893 posts

Posted October 25 2001 - 04:46 AM

If I recall in the Ep. 1 documentary, after the principal photography, there was a sequence of Additional shooting, namely the scene with Ewan and Frank Oz (you don't need me!) conferring the Jedi Knight title onto him. So this is just another trip back into the studio again, fairly standard stuff.

#13 of 18 OFFLINE   Michael*K

Michael*K

Screenwriter

• 1,815 posts

Posted October 25 2001 - 07:32 AM

According to the next Anakin Skywalker, apparently Lucas is doing some "fine tuning" to the story.This from an article in "USA Today" that Hayden Christensen flies to London next week to shoot some additional scenes.

Posted Image

------------------
--Mike

Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

#14 of 18 OFFLINE   Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,093 posts
  • LocationLivonia, MI USA

Posted October 25 2001 - 07:45 AM

quote:
Big trouble, indeed... I heard a nasty rumor that a couple of the actors were required to do MORE THAN ONE TAKE on certain shots! [/quote]Not only that, but the editorial department has apparently trimmed 1000s of feet of virtual film, and some of the blue and green sets were considered so unattractive that they will be replacing them with expensive computer graphics. Scandal! Posted Image

Regards,

------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

[Edited last by Ken_McAlinden on October 25, 2001 at 02:46 PM]
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#15 of 18 OFFLINE   Jeff Rogers

Jeff Rogers

Second Unit

• 311 posts

Posted October 25 2001 - 09:05 AM

That must mean that 98% of hollywood movies are in trouble. BEACAUSE THEY ALMOST ALL DO ADR AND PICK UP SHOTS!!!

Stupid media........

------------------
If I could go back in time, I'd meet Snoopy

" Maam....maybe you don't understand, you ripped my clients arm off "

#16 of 18 OFFLINE   Bhagi Katbamna

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor

• 874 posts

Posted October 26 2001 - 09:38 AM

Quote:
That must mean that 98% of hollywood movies are in trouble. BEACAUSE THEY ALMOST ALL DO ADR AND PICK UP SHOTS!!!
That explains why 98% of Hollywood movies are poor.
To educate a man in mind and not morals is to educate a menace to society.
Teddy Roosevelt

#17 of 18 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,395 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted October 26 2001 - 10:41 AM

Quote:
According to the next Anakin Skywalker, apparently Lucas is doing some "fine tuning" to the story.This from an article in "USA Today" that Hayden Christensen flies to London next week to shoot some additional scenes.
From what I've heard, they viewed the romantic scenes and they sucked ass. On this one, though, Lucas saw he made a mistake and decided to concentrate on those scenes for the reshoot.

------------------
My DVD Collection
My Preorders
My Wishlist

#18 of 18 OFFLINE   RicP

RicP

Screenwriter

• 1,127 posts

Posted October 26 2001 - 03:11 PM

Quote:
That explains why 98% of Hollywood movies are poor.
Posted Image So....any film that fails to get perfect source dialog recorded and uses ADR to replace it is poor? What a wonderful generalization. I guess you only watch films shot by hand on DigiCam?

------------------
Posted Image Posted Image
Ric Perrott - My DVD's

Back to Archived Threads 2001-2004

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow