Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Amadeus Director's Cut?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 of 15 OFFLINE   Jeff Job

Jeff Job

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted April 19 2002 - 02:02 PM

Does anyone know if and when a director's cut of Amadeus is slated to be released on DVD? I had read recently that it would be released to the theatres in the next while. Also, does anyone know what the extra footage consists of? I believe about 20 minutes is being re-inserted.

#2 of 15 OFFLINE   Rain

Rain

Producer

• 5,020 posts

Posted April 19 2002 - 02:17 PM

Hey,

Check out this thread: http://www.hometheat....hlight=amadeus

Cheers!

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon

#3 of 15 OFFLINE   RobertSing

RobertSing

Agent

• 39 posts

Posted April 19 2002 - 02:56 PM

The major addition to the film is a scene explaining more fully why Constanze has such contempt for Salieri. Salieri, the court composer, has in his gift a lucrative appointment that, he explains to the young bride, will be her husband's--if she will grant Salieri her favors. Since there is little indication that Salieri has any great interest in women (or in anything, other than Mozart) this favor seems motivated not by sexual desire but by the need to humiliate Mozart. Constanze, desperate to help her Wolfie, does indeed visit Salieri at his apartments, and bares her breasts before having second thoughts.

This is from an Ebert review...

http://www.suntimes.....-ebert141.html

#4 of 15 OFFLINE   Jeff Wilson

Jeff Wilson

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted April 19 2002 - 06:01 PM

Actually, she doesn't have second thoughts, but Salieri gets very uptight once she does start undressing, and calls in the butler once she's topless, which makes her realize what he's done. There isn't any actual full nudity, either, as Elizabeth Berridge keeps her arms over her breasts. It's a good scene.
Wellesnet: The Orson Welles Web Resource

#5 of 15 OFFLINE   Derek Duncan

Derek Duncan

Stunt Coordinator

• 129 posts

Posted April 19 2002 - 09:52 PM

I havn't seen it yet, but a friend of mine who did, said that there was full nudity, and only until he calls the butler does she cover up, so who is right. Derek

#6 of 15 OFFLINE   Thi Them

Thi Them

Producer

• 3,650 posts

Posted April 19 2002 - 10:05 PM

You do get to see her breasts and big tits. Posted Image

~T

#7 of 15 OFFLINE   Derek Duncan

Derek Duncan

Stunt Coordinator

• 129 posts

Posted April 19 2002 - 10:10 PM

Thanks for answering, I feel a little stupid, but I have to say-Whoo Hoo. It's just being a man. Derek

#8 of 15 OFFLINE   James D S

James D S

Screenwriter

• 1,002 posts

Posted April 20 2002 - 04:02 AM

Will it contain the original theatrical cut?

#9 of 15 OFFLINE   Jeff Wilson

Jeff Wilson

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted April 20 2002 - 06:25 AM

I can't believe we're having this conversation. I have the Pioneer special edition LD set, and it has the cut scenes among the extras. I can tell you that there are no nipple shots in the scene in question. She keeps her hands over her breasts. You can see most of them, just not all of them. She also is covered from the waist down. So no digital fogging will be required to keep still frames of this off the net...

#10 of 15 OFFLINE   Iain Jackson

Iain Jackson

Second Unit

• 371 posts

Posted April 20 2002 - 11:39 AM

I honestly can't believe that the director's cut has been rated R, especially if there is no true nudity. Over here in the UK, the film has just been given a PG certificate, (uncut) just like the original version had.
"Come quietly or there will be... trouble."

#11 of 15 OFFLINE   Manny

Manny

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted April 20 2002 - 03:06 PM

I paid almost $250 bucks for the Special edition LD 4 years ago. It has these extra scenes. But I think they were left out for good reason. However, the Director Milos and the Producer Mr. Z's commentory alone is worth it. I have stopped watching/Listening Director's commentory because most of them are a waste of time (They are terrible) But this one is simply fantastic. I enjoyed it very much. The love and care they took to build for a masterpiece is eveident in their conversation.
Home Theater Setup
-------------------

Yamaha DSP-A3090
Kef THX (Mains), Q90 (Center), M&K Dipole for surround.Velodyne HGS-18 (Sub)Toshiba DVD Player(Bought it the first day DVD was out)ADCOM Power amplifiersSony 1270Q CRT Front projector with 11' screen.ADCOM Preamp & ADCOM CD Changer for...

#12 of 15 OFFLINE   Thi Them

Thi Them

Producer

• 3,650 posts

Posted April 20 2002 - 03:25 PM

Jeff, I saw the director's cut last week, and her nipples were clearly in view before she covered them. ~T

#13 of 15 OFFLINE   Derek Duncan

Derek Duncan

Stunt Coordinator

• 129 posts

Posted April 20 2002 - 04:38 PM

It clearly has to be a different cut, because to many reliable people have sworn to me that there is a little nudity, so I just don't know. Derek

#14 of 15 OFFLINE   Jeff Wilson

Jeff Wilson

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted April 20 2002 - 04:40 PM

Well, I just re-watched the scene on my LD, and there is NO total frontal shot in the scene. There does appear to be a point where there's an awkward edit before such nudity might appear, so I'm thinking they simply cut it from the scene before putting on the LD, although why they bothered is a question.

#15 of 15 OFFLINE   Derek Duncan

Derek Duncan

Stunt Coordinator

• 129 posts

Posted April 20 2002 - 04:58 PM

That's what I figuered. I didn't think you were lying. I know someone with the LD, and I know that there is no nudity on the LD. But when it got rerated R, and so many people said that there was nudity, I just figured it had to be a different cut. Derek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users