Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Has anyone ordered the 16" stands for the Axiom M22s and if so what do you think?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Jason Bell

Jason Bell

Stunt Coordinator

• 176 posts

Posted April 18 2002 - 11:25 PM

I'm interested in these stands but 16" seems kinda low.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Jason Bell

Jason Bell

Stunt Coordinator

• 176 posts

Posted April 19 2002 - 01:19 AM

Thanks Breck. The Axioms are about 19.5" tall and the tweeters themselves are about 17" up. So when I measured my seating postion these stands would place the tweeters a couple of inches below ear level. I just didnt know if Axiom thought this was a good idea. I think when I get off work I'm gonna see how high my end tables are and try setting them on those and do some testing. I do know right now with the Axioms sitting on my old floorstanders the tweeter is way too high.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Eric_Singer

Eric_Singer

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted April 19 2002 - 05:10 AM

Hi, I use the Axiom 16" stands with my M22's. From my listening position on my couch, they put the tweeters exactly at ear level. Note that I am 6' and slump a bit when I'm sitting in a relaxed position. If you're taller and sit straight up all the time, I could imagine that the tweeters would be too low for you. Either way, they are quality stands and should put the speakers at a good height for most listeners. Eric

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Marc H

Marc H

Second Unit

• 497 posts

Posted April 19 2002 - 06:49 AM

Hiya Jason

The most popular choice with my clients are the 20" height.

Also, in the review at Soundstage.com, the reviewer says 18" to 20" should be good:

http://www.soundstag....niam22tise.htm
-----------
Marc Hallam
Audioshop
-----------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users