What's new

Warner's snapper cases: Is it just me???....... (2 Viewers)

Jason F.

Stunt Coordinator
But does anyone else HATE those crappy Warner Bros. DVD cases, I went to go buy Training Day and $#$%$#, it was in one of those flimsy paper cases. :angry:

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
You're not the only one bothered by those cheap snapper cases, Jason. But I do recall, believe it or not, at least one Home Theater Forum member who likes the things; he believes keepcases reflect too much room glare, interfering with his ability to enjoy the cover art.

Otherwise, everybody here hates the things. But don't expect any changes. Warner is financially committed to the snapper cases.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I don't dislike them, but I DO hate how they have the "security" tape sealing them shut now! How insane is that- at least put it OUTSIDE the shrinkwrap!

Jason F.

Stunt Coordinator
All the DVD's come in the same cases. Except the one's from Warner, even the PS2 and X-Box games come in similiar cases. I know I can't change it so I figure b*thcing is the next best thing. ;)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Can't stand snapper cases. Too susceptible to wear and tear, even if only handled occasionally. Amaray must be quite happy with me, considering how many of THEIR cases I've bought lately.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I like the Warner snappers! (Incredible I know. :))
The snapper hub is a very good hub (which is important, I'm sure you'll agree).
I've never had any problems removing a disc from a snap-case hub. Very user-friendly, unlike many other keepcase-type hubs (which number in the dozens now).
Snappers, like ALL HTF members, need compassion too! :)
ALL my snappers are in excellent shape. Sure, they stick out a tad farther than the keepcases on the shelf .... but, geez, it's not worth slashing your wrists or having a heart attack because of the differences!

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
but, geez, it's not worth slashing your wrists or having a heart attack because of the differences!
In the immortal words of The Dude, "Yeah, well, that's just like, umm, your opinion man."

BTW, shouldn't this be in the software section?

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
At least there is a disc inside. :)
Actually, I prefer snappers and the "gatefold" cases for DVD's. Keep cases usually get damaged in shipment, while snappers are much more durable in shipment.
As of now, I've encountered 6 keep/alpha cases with damage, with not a single snapper with damage.
I'm lucky the only damaged disc I've gotten from a keep case is one I got for free (Sting DVD), but it's scratched up. The snapper hub doesn't scratch.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I don't like the snapper cases and I always wondered why they were even made. The thing is that you never get a booklet or any extra reading with those, you just get scene selections.

Also, they screw up the order of my DVD's b/c they have to have their own section.

What can ya do.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
The snapper hub is a very good hub
anyone ever received a snapper case with a broken hub? I did, in my boxset of Friends (Season 7, R2). The rest were fine, so how did one single hub get broken?

the worst thing about snappers is you can't replace the blah-di things when they break. you can always buy a replacement keepcase if the existing one breaks (whether hub, case itself, plastic wrap on outside), but once a snapper "dies", whether hub (as in my case) or the flap, you're stuck.

if Warner insists on continuing use of the snapper (I assume they own the company making the things, or the patent on the case), the least they could do is ensure that we can buy replacements. I complained about the broken hub to the retailer (Blackstar), they were willing to replace the whole disc and case (which was quite nice of them), but couldn't do anything about replacing just the broken case. they had spare keepcases on hand and were happy to send one free, but they don't have spare snappers.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I know this was a long standing argument when DVDs first hit the scene with gobs of different kinds of packaging.. but I happen to prefer the least liked of the bunch: I wish DVDs came in regular CD cases.

DVD cases are a bulky waste of plastic that reminds me of CD Long Boxes, and just seems as though the whole prospect is waste.

DVDs in CD cases make for an easier to store system..

*shrug* then again, as is, I happen to like the warner cases more then the snapper cases, as I've had fewer discs get nicked up from the easier-to-release system that snappers often have compared to the clamshells.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I know this was a long standing argument when DVDs first hit the scene with gobs of different kinds of packaging.. but I happen to prefer the least liked of the bunch: I wish DVDs came in regular CD cases.
Ah, that would be great. I have a few DVDs I've moved to standard jewel cases, complete with custom cover art. Me likee :D

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
One thing I will say about the snappers is that I have never had one disc loose in the mail that came in a snapper case.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks