Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Good cables for 20-39CS+?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Tony_Kot

Tony_Kot

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted April 18 2002 - 04:36 AM

Hi guys, can anybody tell me which cables I should use to connect me preamp to amp, and then to the sub? I always used powered subs before with special subwoofer cable, but this time it's different. I always try to go for good quality cables - I use Homegrown Audio Silver Lace cables between preamp/amp, and DH Labs Q10's between amp and speakers. What would you recommend to connect the sub? Maybe use the same Q10 for amp-sub connection? What about pream-amp? Should I use copper based interconnects, or Silver Lace would be as good for sub as they for the rest of the system?

Thanks

Tony

#2 of 3 Barry Barnes

Barry Barnes

Stunt Coordinator

• 86 posts

Posted April 18 2002 - 05:05 AM

The same rules hold true for Subs that have external amps vs. those that have built-in amps (which are really still just external amps that happen to reside in the same box as the sub). You'd use good quality subwoofer cables or AV cables as you did for your previous subs.

#3 of 3 Tony_Kot

Tony_Kot

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted April 18 2002 - 05:44 AM

Thanks again Barry Posted Image What you said makes sense