What's new

Do you like your name? If not, what would you rather be called? (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I've always thought Paul was a bad name. It has a soft sound, and is decidedly too common to give its bearer any name-based memorability. Although you can certainly find many cool people who hold the name Paul: Paul Newman, Paul Thomas Anderson, some guys in the bible, Paul Gasghoine. Oh shit no, strike that last one. :D (Brits ;) ). I'd never actually legally change my name, but I would willingly spend the odd minute here and there, fantasizing about a life which is underpinned by a different, cooler name. e.g. Max Power ala The Simpsons. "Max Power does not abbreviate." :laugh:
Some more cool names that might be cool:
Aurora Borialis (if I were female)
Rock Hardens ;)
Jake Bullet (for Red Dwarf fans)
Johnny McClane
Hanson Solo
So, what do you all think of your names? Any others you'd prefer?

Jeff Braddock

Second Unit
At least your not named after the race car driver Dick Trickle. You should be thankful for that.

I had a friend in college that always said he was going to name his kid Sebastian so he could abbreviate it and call him C. Bass

Bill Eberhardt

Stunt Coordinator
Well, you can call me Ray. Or you can call me Jay...

I can't complain about my name. I had a mate in college that was named Tom Collins. He was a heavy drinker - go figure?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I like my name, Steve is a cool sharp sexy name. :)
At one time I was thinking of changing it to Steve Juan Villa-Lobos Ramirez, but nah Steve Christou is ok, has religious overtones even though I am not in any way a deity worshipper, or even dietry worshipper.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, I probably wouldn't have chosen "Malcolm," but it's better than "Bruno" which is what my father wanted to name me. Apologies to any Brunos out there, but thank heavens Mom talked him out of that one. :)
I've always been partial to "J" names: Joshua, Julian, Jackson, Jason. I also like "Marc" and "David." My cousin named her first son "Jamison" which I thought was pretty cool.

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
I like my name. I think it looks very bold and dignified in print. I was named after one of my fathers' Naval Officers. My mother wanted to name me Paul, in honor of the guy in the Bible. I've always been partial to French names. I've always liked "Andre"

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Bond. James Bond.

S'got a nice ring to it. Definitely doesn't work with my given name. But chicks three-sheets to the wind never seem to notice.

MC (or, should I say, "JB")

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I like my name (Michael). Micke is the Swedish nickname for Michael, here in the US it's Mike of course. I feel like it fits me. :)
/mike

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
I've always been partial to the name Haywood Jablowme. I find it to be a real conversation-starter.

On a personal level, I've always wanted to be referred to as "Master," but my friends keep telling me that the only way that would work is if my last name were "Baiter." What's that all about?

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I like the name Pamela. It's not over-used. It goes nicely with the rest of my name. People call me Pamela Sue (which I'm not) or Pamela Lee (which I'm not, thank God). Pamela Jane _ _ _ _ _ _ _. Works for me!

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Richard or Rich is an ok name. I never let people call me Rick or even worse, DICK.

Of course if I could choose my name it would either be Viper or Flame Boy!

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I've always thought of David as being associated with wierdo magicians.

I prefer to be called: "Big Daddy"

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Robert works for me. And it's one of the most flexible names there is, because there are so many variations--Bob, Bobby, Rob, Robby, even Roberto and Robaire. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks