Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

CTHV Press Release: "Snake In The Eagle's Shadow"

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 43,311 posts

Posted April 16 2002 - 12:57 AM

The Breakthrough Hit Movie that Made Jackie Chan the World's No. 1 Martial Arts Action Hero ********************************************* SNAKE IN THE EAGLE'S SHADOW ********************************************* COMES TO DVD AND VIDOECASSETTE JUNE 18 Culver City, Calif. (April 15, 2002) - SNAKE IN THE EAGLE'S SHADOW, a kung fu classic starring internationally acclaimed Hong Kong's action-comedy legend Jackie Chan (Rush Hour, Shanghai Noon), debuts on videocassette and DVD June 18. This star-making film was the first to feature Jackie Chan's trademark mix of mind-blowing martial arts action with hilariously choreographed slapstick. SNAKE IN THE EAGLE'S SHADOW was also one of the first collaborations between Jackie Chan and director/master of action choreographer Yuen Woo Ping (Iron Monkey, action choreographer for The Matrix and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon). SNAKE IN THE EAGLE'S SHADOW, is set at the end of the China Dynasty when a 200-year-old deadly clan known as the Eagle Claw Society has eliminated all styles of martial arts except for the revered "Snake Fist" style. The Grand Master of Eagle Claw, Lord Sheng Kuan, is obsessed with finding and killing the remaining members of the Snake Fist school, especially the wise, elderly Snake Fist Grand Master Pai Cheng-Cheh. Master Pai Cheng-Cheh goes into hiding disguised as a beggar in hopes of finding his last surviving students, not knowing that Lord Sheng Kuan has killed them all. Master Pai Cheng-Cheh befriends an abused poor orphan Chien Fu (Chan), who can't fight and who constantly gets bullied by rivals of the Eagle Claw school. After seeing this, Master Pai Cheng-Cheh decides to teach Chien Fu the Snake Fist style so he can defend himself when trouble arrives. SNAKE IN THE EAGLE'S SHADOW: a Destination Films release. Produced by Ng See Yuen. Directed by Yuen Woo Ping. Written by Ng See Yuen, Hsiao Lung and Tsai Chi Kuang. DVD ADDED-VALUE ELEMENTS * Digitally Mastered Audio and Anamorphic Video * Widescreen Presentation * Audio: English (mono), Cantonese (mono) * Subtitles: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Korean * Bonus Trailers * Interactive Menus * Scene Selections MPAA Rating: PG DVD Price: $24.95 Color / 98 minutes VHS #08427 / UPC Code: 0-43396-08427-8 DVD #08428 / UPC Code: 0-43396-08428-5 Order Date VHS: May 28, 2002 / Street Date: June 18, 2002 Order Date DVD: May 21, 2002 / Street Date: June 18, 2002 # # #

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Jussi Tarvainen

Jussi Tarvainen

Second Unit

• 382 posts

Posted June 08 2002 - 11:46 AM

I just read a review over at DVD Talk... are there any other reviews of this release on the net? I might be getting it since it appears to be uncut and in (almost?) the correct aspect ratio unlike the HKL R2 disc.
Fielding Mellish: "We fell in love. Well, I fell in love - she just stood there."
-Bananas (1971)

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Jon Robertson

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter

• 1,568 posts

Posted June 08 2002 - 03:13 PM

The HKL R2 disc is being re-released in the correct ratio with a Cantonese soundtrack and a double-disc special edition!

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Jussi Tarvainen

Jussi Tarvainen

Second Unit

• 382 posts

Posted June 17 2002 - 04:56 AM

Yes, too bad it'll always be cut in the UK... damn BBFC! Posted Image

As for the recently-released R1 disc, I've only found one review online (at DVD Talk). Have any of you bought this disc? How's the transfer? Any comments would be welcome.
Fielding Mellish: "We fell in love. Well, I fell in love - she just stood there."
-Bananas (1971)

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted June 17 2002 - 05:22 AM

it is dvd of the week over www.dvdjournal.com which was very good since I learned many new things about Jackie Chan.

Posted Image
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Jussi Tarvainen

Jussi Tarvainen

Second Unit

• 382 posts

Posted July 26 2002 - 12:18 PM

I'm thinking of purchasing the Columbia disc... Can any of you comment on the transfer/sound? Thanks!
-Bananas (1971)

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Joseph Goodman

Joseph Goodman

Stunt Coordinator

• 133 posts

Posted July 26 2002 - 03:12 PM

The video quality is about as good as you can hope for.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Jussi Tarvainen

Jussi Tarvainen

Second Unit

• 382 posts

Posted July 26 2002 - 11:52 PM

Thanks!
-Bananas (1971)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users