What's new

So who is buying Spiderman? (1 Viewer)

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
I am,tomorrow :)
The XBox version will be the one I'm getting. I'll post some reactions after some playing time.
Anyone else??
Calvin

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
looks like a good game, I would if i wasn't strapped for cash....oh I will be getting the Xbox version also.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I'm waiting to get some feedback from others before I take the plunge.

Looking forward to hearing some feedback on this.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I was gonna wait, but with the the free $10 gift card at Best Buy, I'm a sucker. I'll be picking it up at lunch. :)
-Dave

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Dammit dammit dammit! You are right - Best Buy is on Thursday. They done this for a couple videogames lately - what's up with that?

-Dave

Richard_T

Second Unit
I'll wait a bit for the PS2 version. Just want to be sure my cash is going to a good game. I hope it is good though because this game could really rock if it was done correctly. The PS1 games were fun though, I dunno, I'll probably end up buying it, since I'm such a fan of Spiderman

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I'll probably hold off and give it a rent-not sure how much gameplay there actually is. That, and I'd rather wait until after the movie. Not sure what "spoilers" there could be in it, but I'd rather see the movie with a clear opinion. Same deal as with Jedi Starfighter actually.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I'd like to know feedback on the title first... I'd probably plump for the cube incarnartion since I remain X-Boxless.

Dan

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Micheal I would hazard a guess the $20 PC game is probably the port of the previous Spiderman game that was on the Dreamcast, PS1 etc.

The new game is based on the movie and - hopefully - will take advantage of the next generation consoles - GC, PS2, & Xbox.

The Xbox has 2 extra levels with Kraven the Hunter.

As an aside I would be just as happy with a Spiderman simulator ie where one can just swing around NYC at their leisure.

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Im definitely going to pick this one up too. For my XBox, of course :D
Im really looking forward to this title, but for the life of me, I don't know why.

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Another Spidey fan here. After class tomorrow I'll be making my way over to the mall to waste some b-day money on the ol'Webhead (Xbox, of course).

Cant wait to see Kraven!

JQ

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Still kind of sad, confused, and peeved that the X-box will get 2 extra levels. Don't really understand why it wouldn't be on all 3 or at least if SONY got the bonus (since it's their movie).

I'll be picking up the GCN version tomorrow if BB has it.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I thought that each version of the game had different extra levels, not just the Xbox one (possibly a way of differentiating the ports?). Either way, the Xbox-specific levels may be tweaked to a level that the Ps2 can't handle.

What I want to know-if the extra levels feature Kraven, will it follow the Kraven's last hunt arc (complete with the black costume)?

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
The PS2 and GC versions are the same.

The XBox has 2 extra levels featuring Kraven, realtime 5.1 sound, better frame rate, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks