What's new

UNOFFICIAL 2002 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread!! (1 Viewer)

David Oliver

Second Unit
Oh baby the time has come for the best tournament in all of sports. I am going with my Kings all the way, bay-beee! The East is so WEAK, any team that comes out of the West wil be favorites (IMHO ;))
P.S. if the mods wish to make this official, then more power to them.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I would love to see Ottawa go far this year but I have my doubts. Detroit looks like the strongest team IMHO.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I'll be rooting for the Habs to go all the way, but I am a realist. If they can just upset the Bruins in the opening round I would consider it a successful playoff run.

I think the Cup champion will be either Detroit or Colorado, depending on how well the Wings senior citizen roster holds up to the rigors of playoff hockey. The key for Detroit will be to get through the first couple of rounds quickly -- no 6 or 7 game series before they meet the Avalanche.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I was giving some Montreal fans a hard time a couple of days ago but I have to admit that I'm a bit worried about Theodore. We all know that a goalie can carry a team to the finals. Remember John Casey and Minnesota?

It would be an amazing disappointment if the Bruins lose in the first round after the season that they put together. They've won 1 playoff series in what, 5 years? Now they've got a pretty good team with a lot of very good forwards that can score. One would think that they should be able to make it to the conference finals this year.

While I don't agree that the East was weak this year I do think that the Stanley Cup will go to a western conference team.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
My hope is that it will be an Original Six matchup. That means the Wings vs Bruins/Leafs/Habs. If any of those matchups appear, I'll be a very happy hockey fan!

The Wings have looked downright awful the last half dozen games. If they can't shake off the cobwebs, it could be another first round disaster for them. Lets hope the Canucks don't have much left in the tank after making an impressive run over the last two months...

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I'm from the Detroit area and I'm a bit worried about the upcoming Vancouver series. I do think, when the Wings are on top of their game, they would probably sweep the Canucks. But, they are far from their game and Vancouver seems to be playing inspired hockey. I'm still going with the Detroit Red Wings to take the series in six games.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
A Vancouver Montreal final would be so cool. Especially since I live an 90 minute ferry ride from Vancouver and would get to see my very first play-off game featuring my beloved Habs. I think the west will go to Colorado or Detroit unless there is a crazy upset. I think it will be Toronto or New Jersey in the east. I think the habs may upset the Bruins in the first round but I don't "honestly" think they will get further than the 2nd round.

Go Habs Go!!!

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
Today, shortly after 1300 PST, I got the ABSOLUTELY LAST available single ticket to a Canucks playoff game in either round one or two (according to TM!) Two rounds sold out in little more than 60 minutes! Go CANUCKS!

Michael*K

Screenwriter
The old farts in Motown won't even get out of the conference. The Avs will be hoisting the Cup again when all is said and done.

Paul Jannatpour

Auditioning
Peter The Great is coming back!

As an Avs season ticket holder I am psyched at what this means for their playoff chances but really I'm just excited about the prospect of seeing Forsberg play again.

Welcome back, Foppa. Go Avs!

Michael*K

Screenwriter
The Wings are like the old beater out in the garage. It might run once in a while, but you never can count on it to make it through the summer.
Here come's Stevie Yzermans third ring.
What ring would that happen to be...ring around the collar? Tell him to use Wisk. :laugh:

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Game one in the Vancouver/Detroit series at 4 o'clock, this should be interesting. While I have a great respect for Detroit, I think this could be anyone's series, as Vancouver is not about to get rolled over or give up when down a goal or two like they would have in previous years. Detroit will obviously try to pick up their game, but Vancouver will be relentless. I think this will be a battle of the goaltenders more than anything.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Well after too many years of not watching my HAWKS I can finally breathe a sigh of relief(AHHHHH). This is where my wife asks me if I will move off the couch fo the next 2 1/2 months and I fail to elicit a response other than make sure the direct tv bill is payed. Thank god for CENTER ICE. Nothing like living here in Oklahoma the hockey mecca of the world:angry:
Any ways, sorry about my rant and looking forward to sudden death early morning ball busting ice hockey! I may have to run my SVS 20db hot for those board checks just to feel like I am there!:D :D :D

David Oliver

Second Unit
Forsberg or no, I still think the Kings will take the Avs. Hopefully it will be in game 6, since it is at Staples and it is my birthday and I will be there.

Wings should be scared of the Canucks. The Canucks top line is the best line I have seen all season, it is lethal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks