Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

UNOFFICIAL 2002 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
378 replies to this topic

#1 of 379 OFFLINE   David Oliver

David Oliver

Second Unit

• 332 posts

Posted April 15 2002 - 09:23 AM

Oh baby the time has come for the best tournament in all of sports. I am going with my Kings all the way, bay-beee! The East is so WEAK, any team that comes out of the West wil be favorites (IMHO Posted Image)

P.S. if the mods wish to make this official, then more power to them.
Go Packers!!!
My DVD Collection

#2 of 379 OFFLINE   Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer

Producer

• 5,593 posts

Posted April 15 2002 - 10:06 AM

I'd like to see Vancouver and Montreal in the finals. Posted Image

#3 of 379 OFFLINE   Micheal

Micheal

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted April 15 2002 - 10:16 AM

I would love to see Ottawa go far this year but I have my doubts. Detroit looks like the strongest team IMHO.
BLAM!
Good... bad... I'm the guy with the gun.

#4 of 379 ONLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 11,042 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted April 15 2002 - 10:29 AM

I'll be rooting for the Habs to go all the way, but I am a realist. If they can just upset the Bruins in the opening round I would consider it a successful playoff run. I think the Cup champion will be either Detroit or Colorado, depending on how well the Wings senior citizen roster holds up to the rigors of playoff hockey. The key for Detroit will be to get through the first couple of rounds quickly -- no 6 or 7 game series before they meet the Avalanche.

#5 of 379 OFFLINE   Jim_C

Jim_C

Screenwriter

• 2,060 posts

Posted April 15 2002 - 10:44 AM

I was giving some Montreal fans a hard time a couple of days ago but I have to admit that I'm a bit worried about Theodore. We all know that a goalie can carry a team to the finals. Remember John Casey and Minnesota? It would be an amazing disappointment if the Bruins lose in the first round after the season that they put together. They've won 1 playoff series in what, 5 years? Now they've got a pretty good team with a lot of very good forwards that can score. One would think that they should be able to make it to the conference finals this year. While I don't agree that the East was weak this year I do think that the Stanley Cup will go to a western conference team.
You want to upgrade again?!!

#6 of 379 OFFLINE   Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor

• 865 posts

Posted April 15 2002 - 10:53 AM

My hope is that it will be an Original Six matchup. That means the Wings vs Bruins/Leafs/Habs. If any of those matchups appear, I'll be a very happy hockey fan! The Wings have looked downright awful the last half dozen games. If they can't shake off the cobwebs, it could be another first round disaster for them. Lets hope the Canucks don't have much left in the tank after making an impressive run over the last two months...

#7 of 379 OFFLINE   Robert_eb

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor

• 967 posts

Posted April 15 2002 - 11:52 AM

I'm from the Detroit area and I'm a bit worried about the upcoming Vancouver series. I do think, when the Wings are on top of their game, they would probably sweep the Canucks. But, they are far from their game and Vancouver seems to be playing inspired hockey. I'm still going with the Detroit Red Wings to take the series in six games.

#8 of 379 OFFLINE   Gary Hensley

Gary Hensley

Stunt Coordinator

• 86 posts

Posted April 15 2002 - 12:27 PM

Lets go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted Image

#9 of 379 OFFLINE   Richard Travale

Richard Travale

Producer

• 3,426 posts
  • LocationThe Island, Canada

Posted April 15 2002 - 01:15 PM

A Vancouver Montreal final would be so cool. Especially since I live an 90 minute ferry ride from Vancouver and would get to see my very first play-off game featuring my beloved Habs. I think the west will go to Colorado or Detroit unless there is a crazy upset. I think it will be Toronto or New Jersey in the east. I think the habs may upset the Bruins in the first round but I don't "honestly" think they will get further than the 2nd round. Go Habs Go!!!
 "Cock your hat - angles are attitudes. "
- Frank Sinatra 

#10 of 379 OFFLINE   Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor

• 781 posts

Posted April 15 2002 - 04:02 PM

Today, shortly after 1300 PST, I got the ABSOLUTELY LAST available single ticket to a Canucks playoff game in either round one or two (according to TM!) Two rounds sold out in little more than 60 minutes! Go CANUCKS!
Peter

My Collection

#11 of 379 OFFLINE   Robert_eb

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor

• 967 posts

Posted April 15 2002 - 04:26 PM

Detroit vs. Toronto. How cool would that be?!?!

#12 of 379 OFFLINE   Michael*K

Michael*K

Screenwriter

• 1,815 posts

Posted April 15 2002 - 07:57 PM

The old farts in Motown won't even get out of the conference. The Avs will be hoisting the Cup again when all is said and done.

#13 of 379 OFFLINE   Daryl Furkalo

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit

• 374 posts

Posted April 16 2002 - 02:03 PM

Go San Jose! The first round is always very exciting, I can't wait!

#14 of 379 OFFLINE   Paul Jannatpour

Paul Jannatpour

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted April 16 2002 - 02:22 PM

Peter The Great is coming back! As an Avs season ticket holder I am psyched at what this means for their playoff chances but really I'm just excited about the prospect of seeing Forsberg play again. Welcome back, Foppa. Go Avs!

#15 of 379 OFFLINE   Robert_eb

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor

• 967 posts

Posted April 16 2002 - 03:20 PM

[quote]

The old farts in Motown won't even get out of the conference. The Avs will be hoisting the Cup again when all is said and done.

[quote]

Those old farts are all rested and healthy. Here come's Stevie Yzermans third ring.

#16 of 379 OFFLINE   Michael*K

Michael*K

Screenwriter

• 1,815 posts

Posted April 16 2002 - 07:38 PM

The Wings are like the old beater out in the garage. It might run once in a while, but you never can count on it to make it through the summer.

[quote]

Here come's Stevie Yzermans third ring.

[quote]
What ring would that happen to be...ring around the collar? Tell him to use Wisk. Posted Image

#17 of 379 OFFLINE   Robert_eb

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor

• 967 posts

Posted April 16 2002 - 07:55 PM

[quote]

The Wings are like the old beater out in the garage. It might run once in a while, but you never can count on it to make it through the summer.

[quote]

I'll take an old beater that beats a fancy sports car any day.Posted Image

#18 of 379 OFFLINE   Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer

Producer

• 5,593 posts

Posted April 17 2002 - 07:38 AM

Game one in the Vancouver/Detroit series at 4 o'clock, this should be interesting. While I have a great respect for Detroit, I think this could be anyone's series, as Vancouver is not about to get rolled over or give up when down a goal or two like they would have in previous years. Detroit will obviously try to pick up their game, but Vancouver will be relentless. I think this will be a battle of the goaltenders more than anything.

#19 of 379 OFFLINE   Dan Joy

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor

• 761 posts

Posted April 17 2002 - 09:35 AM

Well after too many years of not watching my HAWKS I can finally breathe a sigh of relief(AHHHHH). This is where my wife asks me if I will move off the couch fo the next 2 1/2 months and I fail to elicit a response other than make sure the direct tv bill is payed. Thank god for CENTER ICE. Nothing like living here in Oklahoma the hockey mecca of the worldPosted Image

Any ways, sorry about my rant and looking forward to sudden death early morning ball busting ice hockey! I may have to run my SVS 20db hot for those board checks just to feel like I am there!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
GO BLACKHAWKS !!!

#20 of 379 OFFLINE   David Oliver

David Oliver

Second Unit

• 332 posts

Posted April 17 2002 - 10:00 AM

Forsberg or no, I still think the Kings will take the Avs. Hopefully it will be in game 6, since it is at Staples and it is my birthday and I will be there. Wings should be scared of the Canucks. The Canucks top line is the best line I have seen all season, it is lethal.
Go Packers!!!
My DVD Collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users