What's new

Martin Short as Jiminy Glick! Is that frickin Hilarious or what !?? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Who has been watching "Jiminy Glick" with Martin Short. Martin plays a TV show host, but its a quasi fake sort of thing. Really weird. Its one of the funniest things I've seen in a very long time. That rules. Who else is following this zanny thing?

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
I agree. The funniest show on TV. Pure talent. His guests are just waiting for his remarks and trying not to get in his way.

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
Hum....checked this out today when I was riding the exercise bike and nothing was one. I didn't get it I suppose. Nothing really funny or entertaining about it. I was interested as it had Tim Allen on it, too bad he didn't get to say much with Short cavoring around. I find his other work funny too. Oh well, heard lots of people say they like it, guess I'll be in the minority.

Chris

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
The funny stuff is weird. He's like, effeminite, but not gay. He's very judge-mental and very MENTAL. He squirms in his seat and says things that are borderline offending to the guests. Sometimes the guests are not really the actual people. He's always nervous or flustered and squirming and not really ever asking for relief. He looks like he's freaking out and yet, he doesn't give a crap about what anybody thinks. He says stuff to people in a sort of "Don't you think so?" kind of way when what he's saying is totally in-appropriate and wacko. I think its funny. Check it out again later i'm sure it'll work eventually. I actually never really liked Martin Shorts stuff that much before. This is the goofiest and funniest thing I've seen him do. I love it.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'm in the "or what" category too. Not a big fan...but it's a taste thing, so no biggie.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
here's another vote for "or what". i've forced myself to sit there two episodes and i can't find anything even mildy entertaining or funny.

kevin t

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
It's a mixed bag. The interviews are hysterical, but the monologue and skits are just plain awful. The only good skits are the one's with his family. Jiminy's home movies I think they call it. The ones where he reads to children or the ones where he does Al Pacino are just awful. And that old woman in the audience, I don't think that will ever be funny. The steam room stuff is hit and miss.

Jason P

Stunt Coordinator
Stephen is right. I love the show personally but can't stand the skits. The interviews are terrific but certainly vary between guests. Last night had Jon Lovitz and Rob Reiner. Lovitz tried to upstage Short and didn't really get the whole schtick. Reiner just sat back and let Short do his thing and it was all the more funny. So the show has a lot of variables, but I feel most episodes are quite enjoyable. Either way, it's one of those shows that you either love or hate.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I think this show would work very good as a 5-minute sketch on a different show. Maybe a show made bye Martin Short. I think the interviews are funny but other then that I really don't like this show. BUt hey some people do that's coo with me.

Alan Benson

Stunt Coordinator
It's on Comedy Central. One of those "various times throughout the week" shows...

I agree with the folks who love the actual interviews, because they're improvised, but think the rest of the scripted show is pretty weak. I TiVo the show, and just skip to the actual interviews...

I've been impressed the way some of the guests can really hold their own, or make the interviews even funnier. Then there's people like Rosie, who basically had no clue what to do...

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I guess I haven't seen enough of the "skits". I have only caught the interviews for the most part. Perhaps he should really try and focus on the best part of his show, the wacky interviews.

Users who are viewing this thread