-Not Logged In-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Martin Short as Jiminy Glick! Is that frickin Hilarious or what !??

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 of 15 OFFLINE   Chris PC

Chris PC

• 3,994 posts

Posted April 13 2002 - 06:06 PM

Who has been watching "Jiminy Glick" with Martin Short. Martin plays a TV show host, but its a quasi fake sort of thing. Really weird. Its one of the funniest things I've seen in a very long time. That rules. Who else is following this zanny thing?
Going from projector to flatscreen for a while.... :P

#2 of 15 OFFLINE   Darrel McBane

Darrel McBane

Second Unit

• 364 posts

Posted April 13 2002 - 06:24 PM

I agree. The funniest show on TV. Pure talent. His guests are just waiting for his remarks and trying not to get in his way.
Enjoy the Toys!

#3 of 15 OFFLINE   Christopher P

Christopher P

Supporting Actor

• 564 posts

Posted April 13 2002 - 07:48 PM

Hum....checked this out today when I was riding the exercise bike and nothing was one. I didn't get it I suppose. Nothing really funny or entertaining about it. I was interested as it had Tim Allen on it, too bad he didn't get to say much with Short cavoring around. I find his other work funny too. Oh well, heard lots of people say they like it, guess I'll be in the minority. Chris

#4 of 15 OFFLINE   Chris PC

Chris PC

• 3,994 posts

Posted April 13 2002 - 09:20 PM

The funny stuff is weird. He's like, effeminite, but not gay. He's very judge-mental and very MENTAL. He squirms in his seat and says things that are borderline offending to the guests. Sometimes the guests are not really the actual people. He's always nervous or flustered and squirming and not really ever asking for relief. He looks like he's freaking out and yet, he doesn't give a crap about what anybody thinks. He says stuff to people in a sort of "Don't you think so?" kind of way when what he's saying is totally in-appropriate and wacko. I think its funny. Check it out again later i'm sure it'll work eventually. I actually never really liked Martin Shorts stuff that much before. This is the goofiest and funniest thing I've seen him do. I love it.

#5 of 15 OFFLINE   Jim Spencer

Jim Spencer

Stunt Coordinator

• 138 posts

Posted April 13 2002 - 11:02 PM

I'll go with "or What".

#6 of 15 OFFLINE   Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted April 14 2002 - 12:12 AM

I'm in the "or what" category too. Not a big fan...but it's a taste thing, so no biggie.
In Heaven, everything is fine.
[ 2006 Films | 2005 Films | 2004 Films | 2003 Films | YMDB Top 20 ]
[ Star Wars | Sideshow | HT | DVDs | LDs | AIM: Maulrat87 ]

#7 of 15 OFFLINE   Kevin T

Kevin T

• 1,407 posts

Posted April 14 2002 - 12:57 AM

here's another vote for "or what". i've forced myself to sit there two episodes and i can't find anything even mildy entertaining or funny. kevin t
religion is the opiate of the masses

#8 of 15 OFFLINE   StephenT

Stunt Coordinator

• 218 posts

Posted April 14 2002 - 05:17 AM

It's a mixed bag. The interviews are hysterical, but the monologue and skits are just plain awful. The only good skits are the one's with his family. Jiminy's home movies I think they call it. The ones where he reads to children or the ones where he does Al Pacino are just awful. And that old woman in the audience, I don't think that will ever be funny. The steam room stuff is hit and miss.

#9 of 15 OFFLINE   Jason P

Jason P

Stunt Coordinator

• 90 posts

Posted April 14 2002 - 06:34 AM

Stephen is right. I love the show personally but can't stand the skits. The interviews are terrific but certainly vary between guests. Last night had Jon Lovitz and Rob Reiner. Lovitz tried to upstage Short and didn't really get the whole schtick. Reiner just sat back and let Short do his thing and it was all the more funny. So the show has a lot of variables, but I feel most episodes are quite enjoyable. Either way, it's one of those shows that you either love or hate.

#10 of 15 OFFLINE   Peter Kline

Peter Kline

• 2,409 posts

Posted April 14 2002 - 04:17 PM

#11 of 15 OFFLINE   Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor

• 929 posts

Posted April 14 2002 - 07:35 PM

I think this show would work very good as a 5-minute sketch on a different show. Maybe a show made bye Martin Short. I think the interviews are funny but other then that I really don't like this show. BUt hey some people do that's coo with me.

#12 of 15 OFFLINE   Chris Lock

Chris Lock

Second Unit

• 258 posts

Posted April 15 2002 - 07:54 AM

When is this on?

#13 of 15 OFFLINE   Alan Benson

Alan Benson

Stunt Coordinator

• 106 posts

Posted April 15 2002 - 09:23 AM

It's on Comedy Central. One of those "various times throughout the week" shows... I agree with the folks who love the actual interviews, because they're improvised, but think the rest of the scripted show is pretty weak. I TiVo the show, and just skip to the actual interviews... I've been impressed the way some of the guests can really hold their own, or make the interviews even funnier. Then there's people like Rosie, who basically had no clue what to do...

#14 of 15 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,883 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted April 15 2002 - 09:39 AM

I don't really find it funny, but that's just me. I'm glad some do.

#15 of 15 OFFLINE   Chris PC

Chris PC

• 3,994 posts

Posted April 15 2002 - 06:50 PM

I guess I haven't seen enough of the "skits". I have only caught the interviews for the most part. Perhaps he should really try and focus on the best part of his show, the wacky interviews.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users