What's new

How many of you will be upgrading 'Memento'? (1 Viewer)

Ryan_TD

Stunt Coordinator
i'm having a little trouble with this one...

i usually upgrade most of my dvds when a new one comes out -- with the exception of 'The Mummy' -- but the fact that the last dvd is pretty damn good already in the audio/video dept that i'm really considering skipping this release.

sure it's got a commentary track, but is that worth spending another $25? Plus, i've heard that the special feature of watching it run FORWARDS has been left out...

i'm anticipating most of you to say "s@!t yeah" , after all this is the home theater forum

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Plus, i've heard that the special feature of watching it run FORWARDS has been left out...
It hasn't been left out, it just wasn't mentioned on the press release. I wouldn't be suprised if it was on disc two (since disc two doesn't have that many special features).

I will be upgrading for one as I already put my old copy on eBay.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
It definitely is on Disc 2. I'll be getting this since I held off getting the relatively barebones one.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
*cough* *cough* poll *cough* *cough* :D
I'll probably be upgrading as well. I usually do. I just can't live happily knowing there is a "better" version out there.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I will be upgrading. MEMENTO is an excellent film, and I simply can't pass up a special edition of it!

Mark Lee

Second Unit
Luckily for me, the first release was one of the few I was able to exert my puny willpower on and hold off on buying, so....no dilemma for me, baby!! :D

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Memento was my top film of last year...but with the so few extras on the 2-disc set, I'll stick with my current version.

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
Usually I am a sucker for reissues. However, in this case I think I will stick to my current version. I am very happy with the presentation on the current verion. The extras on the limited edition don't look all that enticing and I definitely don't wanna be solving puzzles each time I need to access the movie or the extras (the novelty of such features wears off pretty quickly and its not long before they start to become a nuisance).

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Right before Switchouse.com went belly up, I traded my original Memento DVD for Pink Floyd: The Wall. :)
I have a nice spot all picked out for the Memento SE!

James M

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, Im just wondering although this has probably been covered, Im thinking of upgrading my previous dvd as well, and Im wondering is there any reason to keep me old dvd? will there be any extras just on the first version? or any reason to keep it? lmk. thanks

James

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
...and I definitely don't wanna be solving puzzles each time I need to access the movie or the extras...
Say what now? :confused:
EDIT: I see. Just looked at Ron's post about this. I agree, that is incredibly stupid and annoying. I'm not a stupid person by any means, but I refuse to sit for any length of time trying to solve a puzzle before I'm able to watch the movie. I'm holding off on an upgrade until I read some feedback on this first.
EDIT #2: It just occurred to me that, following the DVD's release, the solutions to every puzzle will be posted either here or elsewhere on the 'net within days. No worries. I can see the thread already with spoiler tags galore. :)

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
I'll stick with the original one. The only special feature on the new SE I'm interested in is Nolan's commentary, and that's most likely something I'll listen to once or twice and that'll be it. Not worth the upgrade.

Deepak's explanations were another reason why I won't be upgrading. Restating a common quote here on the HTF: when I get a DVD, I want to watch the movie, not play a videogame.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
There doesn't seem like alot of extras were added to the SE, so I'm gonna stick with the original release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks