Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Best ninja movies?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 of 80 OFFLINE   Shaun

Shaun

Second Unit

• 317 posts

Posted January 21 2005 - 03:09 AM

Hey, isn't the girl that stars in Ninja III: Domination, the same girl that was in Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Don't forget Surf Ninjas! Posted Image
Shawn Siref
---------------------------------------------------
Equipment:
TV: Mitsubishi WD-73733 73-Inch Widescreen HDTV
Receiver: Denon AVR-2805 DD-EX/DTS-ES 7.1DVD Player: Denon DVD-2200HD DVD Player: Toshiba HD-A35Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD55Speakers: Klipsch Reference SeriesSubwoofe...

#62 of 80 OFFLINE   Jacinto

Jacinto

Second Unit

• 412 posts
  • LocationLittleton, Colorado

Posted January 21 2005 - 03:56 AM

What a great thread! I will just repeat that Sho Kosugi kicks ass. Also look for his 9 Deaths of the Ninja, which also has some fight scenes involving his sons Kane and Shane.

The AmericanNinja movies were so bad that we filmed a whole series of home movies satirizing them, and even one that was a healthy 60 minutes long when edited entitled "Mexican Ninja: the Motion Picture". Someday I need to transfer those to dvd.
Chachi Hernandez
Illustrator

#63 of 80 OFFLINE   Scott L

Scott L

Producer

• 4,466 posts

Posted January 24 2005 - 07:40 AM

I'm gonna bring up Ninja Scroll again. Best Ninja movie I've ever seen. That fight with the blind ninja is mesmerizing.

#64 of 80 OFFLINE   Paul Sandhu

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor

• 528 posts

Posted January 24 2005 - 12:26 PM

I felt that 3 Ninjas was good... it sequels however were not, well the second one is much better than the third... I mean Hulk Hogan? C'mon.

Is there a difference between Karate and Ninja movies?

#65 of 80 OFFLINE   Diallo B

Diallo B

Screenwriter

• 1,076 posts

Posted January 24 2005 - 06:41 PM

Quote:
Is there a difference between Karate and Ninja movies?

yes. simply because someone performs martial arts does not make them a ninja.

ninjas are skilled in the arts of ninjitsu and stealth. they were used in early japan as assassins. their art and history is clouded in mystery as only those that earn the right to know the deal actually know the deal.

or that is the theory behind ninja mythology anyway.

listen with your own ears...
watch with your own eyes...
make your own decision.

#66 of 80 OFFLINE   Mark Murphy

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor

• 628 posts

Posted January 25 2005 - 09:04 AM

Quote:
Hey, isn't the girl that stars in Ninja III: Domination, the same girl that was in Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Yes it is most certainly her, the immortal Lucinda Dickey. she played Special K, partner to Turbo and Ozone!

#67 of 80 OFFLINE   Brian Henchey

Brian Henchey

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted January 26 2005 - 07:56 AM

What about "You Only Live Twice"?
"Build a man a fire and you will warm him for a night; set fire to him and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

Terry Pratchett

#68 of 80 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted July 29 2009 - 07:51 AM

I don't know why anyone didn't mention this movie.  "9 Deaths of the Ninja"  It's pretty cheesy and I don't think that it meant to be, but it was a favorite movie I used to watch many many times during my childhood.  I went through a ninja theme this, as well as the "American Ninja" movies were among my faves.  There were others, but these were the only ones that really stuck out.  I'll add more if I can think of them.

#69 of 80 OFFLINE   costanza

costanza

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted October 07 2009 - 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun 

Don't forget Surf Ninjas! [img]http://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/8/8d/htf_images_smilies_smile.gif">

yes, it's her - www.imdb.com/title/tt0087805/

Although the plot is kind of shallow, it's fun to watch and some fight scenes are really cool

You can check the trailer here: 

I would like to mention The Black ninja. This one is so dumb and trashy that it's actually funny

#70 of 80 OFFLINE   costanza

costanza

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted October 07 2009 - 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Murphy 

Quote:

Yes it is most certainly her, the immortal Lucinda Dickey. she played Special K, partner to Turbo and Ozone!
yes, the imdb confirms it: www.imdb.com/title/tt0087805/

The plot of Domination is kind of shallow, but the movie is fun to watch and some fight scenes are cool. You can see the trailer here:
www.ninja-gear.net/ninja-movies/some-of-the-best-ninja-movies

I must mention The Black ninja. This movie is so trashy, it's actually funny

#71 of 80 OFFLINE   Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted October 07 2009 - 07:11 AM

The Last Samurai had a pretty good scene with ninjas (but not a ninja movie), my favorite part of the movie.  Especially the fighting inside the building where Katsumoto was fighting with two swords against the ninjas.  I remember wondering if there were other films out there that had that technical of fight scenes.

#72 of 80 OFFLINE   accoun

accoun

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted December 03 2009 - 01:10 PM

American Ninja 1 TO 5
Beverly Hills Ninja

Scrubs Seasons 1-8 DVD Boxset and Grey's Anatomy Seasons 1-5 DVD Boxset are very good TV show for adults I think.
Heroes is a good SCI-FI TV show.

#73 of 80 OFFLINE   accoun

accoun

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted December 03 2009 - 01:11 PM

American Ninja 1 TO 5
Beverly Hills Ninja

Scrubs Seasons 1-8 DVD Boxset and Grey's Anatomy Seasons 1-5 DVD Boxset are very good TV show for adults I think.
Heroes is a good SCI-FI TV show.

#74 of 80 OFFLINE   bleedspeed

bleedspeed

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted November 30 2010 - 03:44 PM

this forum helped me greatly. first i was trying forever to figure out the name of that ninja movie with christopher lambert. it is sick. and second it helped me to complete my ultimate super ninja movie collection of sho kosugi movies.

revenge of the ninja

ninja III the domination

9 deaths of the ninja

pray for death

enter the ninja

now that is a 420 party favor!

and well to give a little back. its not a movie as much of an epic anime/ova. "sword of the stranger" if you have not seen this just watch it you will thank me.

also i think technically speaking ninjas are in fact samurais. only in black because they were payed stealth assassin's. so this thread should in fact include a few more samurai films most of all i would like to add "seven samurai"  this is kurosawa's masterpiece. plan on a four hour stretch without blinking because you just cant miss a scene.(keep your visine handy). never has any film even today came close to capturing the raw realism of life for samurai at the time of there decline. this movie is timeless.  buy the criterion collection remastered bluray. and wonder why with todays technology no one could ever match this film.

thank god for ninjas!

#75 of 80 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,051 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted December 02 2010 - 06:45 AM

Fun read!  I recall watching "Ninja III: The domination" way to many times in the old VHS day.  Mainly because the parents didn't know there were boobs in it.  Ah, those pre-internet days!  :P

Was there actually an Ninja or Ninja II?

#76 of 80 OFFLINE   SWFF

SWFF

Screenwriter

• 1,853 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted December 02 2010 - 09:38 AM

For anyone who gets the THIS channel, on December 15th, you can watch PRAY FOR DEATH at 11 pm, and then on December 16th, there's the double feature of ENTER THE NINJA at 5 pm, REVENGE OF THE NINJA at 7pm, and then a repeat viewing of ENTER THE NINJA at 9pm. THIS channel, unfortunately, runs commercials, so the movies will be edited for time. MGM owns PRAY FOR DEATH and ENTER THE NINJA. They commonly run the R-rated version of PRAY FOR DEATH on cable. There is an unrated version, hope MGM eventually releases it someday. I haven't seen any of these since I was a kid. They were popular among me and my friends when we were in high school.

#77 of 80 OFFLINE   Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott

Lead Actor

• 7,160 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted December 02 2010 - 12:45 PM

PRAY FOR DEATH is on Netflix streaming for those with that service.  REVENGE OF THE NINJA too.  Hopefully NINJA III will show up soon.

THIS shows some great movies but sadly they're cut for content and time.

#78 of 80 OFFLINE   SWFF

SWFF

Screenwriter

• 1,853 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted December 02 2010 - 02:18 PM

Streaming movies ain't my thing, nor am I set up for that. I still prefer my movies on a physical disc that comes with cover art and that I can insert into machine. I can wait until this streaming stuff becomes the norm, until it eclipses physical media, then I will grudgingly get on board. Assuming it's in my lifetime. I do agree, though, that THIS channel sucks on a certain level with their commercials, but, at this moment, I'm just interested in view those ninja movies to see if they still live up their memories.

Found some cool pics from PRAY FOR DEATH. Man,  I hope this movie still holds up for me.

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

#79 of 80 OFFLINE   Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott

Lead Actor

• 7,160 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted December 02 2010 - 04:43 PM

Shawn, if you have Netflix then you can watch them online as well.  I haven't seen any of these movies since I was REALLY young but I do plan on a PREY/NINJA III double feature at some point in the upcoming weeks.  I'm not sure if what Amazon and Netflix has are uncut though.  I believe someone said N3 was shown uncut on either Showtime or one of those stations.

I was always shocked MGM never released these back in the day when they were releasing EVERY action movie from the 80s.  A double feature seemed like the perfect way to release them.

#80 of 80 OFFLINE   SWFF

SWFF

Screenwriter

• 1,853 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted December 03 2010 - 03:14 AM

I don't have Netflix, renting doesn't interest me anymore. I used to do it when I was young, but that's just not where my interests lie anymore when it comes to movies. Cable is good enough for me. The only Sho Kosugi flicks I know of that are on DVD, are RAGE OF HONOR (Full Frame), REVENGE OF THE NINJA, which is uncut, but full frame, and PRAY FOR DEATH from HKFlix, but that one, too, is the R-rated full frame version. And, if it can be found, 9 DEATHS OF THE NINJA. Never liked that one because they dubbed Sho's voice with someone's that's way out of place.

http://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow