What's new

Resident Evil 'UNCUT' to be released on DVD (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Paul W.S. Anderson has indicated in various interviews that an "uncut version" with several minutes of extra footage, including gorier scenes and more character development, will be released in the future as a possible DVD release.
This was taken from IMDB
I SO hope this is true!!
Plus, I guess if Rollerball can have an uncut version, why not Resident Evil

StephenC

Stunt Coordinator
This is a good thing!I really enjoyed RE and I think the "gorier" scenes will definately add a more horror-like tone to the movie which I thought was more action orientated.I still do not understand the R rating for this movie(maybe for some nudity)when compared to a movie like Blade 2,which was extremely violent.

Will K

Screenwriter
I do hope the movie comes out uncut on DVD. The cuts are precisely the reason I didn't pay to see it in theaters.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Richard,
Your talking apples and oranges here.
The edit in Mulholand drive, was at the wishes of Naomi Watts(per her contract)
To respect her privacy,a s to online sex geeks doing things with screen captures.
Resident Evil, was originally shot in NC-17.
The gore was taken out, to get an R rating.
DVD, is the godsent of having the original rating of movies(usually):)

KristianH

Agent
Jeremy:
If you go to the movie on imdb:
This link -> Link Removed
Then check under Alternate versions on the left-side of the page you will find the information refered to in the first post of this thread.

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
hmmm. Okay. Thanks. Those "Alternate Versions" links on IMDB aren't totally reliable as they are comprised mostly of user submissions.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Actually...

It was Laura Ellana Harring's wishes that her nude scene be "blurred" in Mulholland Dr. NOT Naomi Watts. And I don't believe it was in her contract, I believe she requested it of David Lynch. Someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Tino is right (that it was Laura Ellana Harring's wishes that her nude scene be "blurred").
DVD of Resident Evil changed from theatrical version = GOOD
DVD will include all the violence and gore that was censored for the R-rated cut = GOOD :)
The film is awful (in my book it's WORSE than Rollerball), but I would like to see what violence was edited out. It might make it a better film, but I'm really doubtful. :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I thought the film was OK, if not good, but I do think that they should make a Director's Cut DVD. I remember hearing a lot about how they wanted to include all the gory stuff, but had to pull it out.

Brett C

Second Unit
I highly doubt this would happen, when has Columbia ever released an unrated version of a movie on DVD. MGM on the otherhand has always supported unrated versions and longer cuts.. And on the Mulholland Dr issue I don't care if its only 2 seconds it should never of been altered, period!!!

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I just saw this at DVDfile this morning:

I didn't see it in the theaters, but as a fan of the games, this should at least be worth a rental.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
You can read on IGN that the running time on the DVD is the same as the theatrical version.
Link Removed
Oh well.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
. Also, the DVD will apparently only be the theatrical cut (not the rumored Director's cut) as the running time of the disc is the same 101 minutes as the original theatrical version.
Well, they do say 'apparently' and the special features haven't 'officially' been announced yet. So there is STILL hope:)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
First off, I wouldn't trust IGN too much, I find them to be unreliable or just slow with the info. Secondly, isn't there a chance that with less gore in the movie, it made it better that way? My imagination was going wild as to what was happening to these people instead of actually seeing it. Just wanted to raise that point and see what the respponse would be. I'm all for the director's original version coming out and I hope Paul W.S. Anderson gets it released. He did say that Europe was getting the directors cut but he didn't talk about the R1 release.

Todd_B

Second Unit
Easy Mana..easy ;)
I enjoyed this film and will look forward to spinning this one up (director's cut or not).
Todd B

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I will get this movie, but I'll tell you what, any of Romero's gory zombie movies did the job a hell of lot better than Resident Evil did.

Oscar

Second Unit
I liked this movie, but i would have preffered if it should have been more faithful to the video-game.

But i liked it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks