What's new

So . . . any guesses as to what major movie Ron will be posting tonight? (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Spider-Man. I notice the banner changed from "the very first" to "one of the first" after AICN linked to a Spider-Review yesterday. :)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
yes, even before that it was pretty obviously Spider Man. What else is coming out that warrents that sort of attention. It's too soon for AOTC.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Spider-Man has advance screenings tonight in New York, so it's fairly certain Ron will be posting a review of it.

Ryan Jameson

Stunt Coordinator
Just curious... do people here trust Ron's reviews? I mean, he did give The Grinch 4 stars. I really haven't payed much attention to his reviews ever since.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Spider-man! I was going to say it before I read any of the responses :emoji_thumbsup:.
Now, on the subject of Ron's reviews...well, he's given good movies (imo) good reviews, and he's given bad movies (imo) good reviews. So, that's how it is. In any event, you always want to rely on multiple reviews to get a consensus on a film anyways, so read Ron's, then read someone else's, then someone else's, etc. then decide what you think.
-Tom

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Everyone's own opinion is certainly valid, but after reading Ron's views on K-Pax (which he found mildly entertaining) and Ali (which he enjoyed immensely) our opinions don't jive.

The only critic who seems to have the same taste as me is Entertainment Weekly's Owen Gleiberman.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
The only critic I ever agree with is HTF's own Scotty Weinberg :D. And Roger Ebert. And James Berardinelli.
Actually, no critic ever completely jives with my own opinions, but those three seem to jive with me more often than not. I actually liked Resident Evil and South Park though, which is more than can be said for Ebert ;).
I'm greatly anticipating Ron's Spidey review though!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
do people here trust Ron's reviews?
To be honest, I can't remember the last time I read one. I don't know if he's still bragging about how he doesn't put too much thought into them, but he tended to use the "if you liked ..." too much (is their a lazier tool for a reviewer than that phrase?), as well as the infamous Armageddon review which basically said "if only Deep Impact hadn't tried to be good."

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Just curious... do people here trust Ron's reviews? I mean, he did give The Grinch 4 stars. I really haven't payed much attention to his reviews ever since.
If you stop reading reviews by a critic because you don't agree with one review you'll quickly run out of critics to turn to!

Gotta give a critic a chance. Track him for 10 movies or so. If you still find yourself opposing him more often than not then you know you no longer need to read his stuff.

OTOH - if you usually disagree with a critic it's a great way to determine whether or not you'll like the movie!

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
It's a good sign that Columbia Tri-Star has enough confidence in 'Spiderman' to screen it to critics almost a month prior release. If they thought it was going to be poorly reviewed, I suspect there would be no pre-screenings. Especially with so much time before the official opening date, as any negative feedback could really snowball and harm the film's box office take.

Can't wait to get Ron's take.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I read Ron's reviews when they are for major releases like Spider-Man", and if the review is one if the first ones. I'm looking forward to this review.
Otherwise I don't read them, he's not a very good writer IMO (sorry :)).
/Mike

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
DAMN! You guys are just banging on the owner of this forum. I like Ron's reviews. I tend to agree with him quite often.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
WARNING! Some of you are bordering on making personal attacks with your condemnations about Ron's reviews. Which first of all strikes me as rather stupid. Please be careful how you are wording your replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks