What's new

Troma DVD's (1 Viewer)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I got Sgt. Kabukiman NYPD. Any reccomendations on other discs like Surf Nazis or Nuke Em High?

Also, any word on the Toxic Avenger Boxset?

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
On the TA Boxset: Troma's listed it as 'Coming Soon' for close to a year now so I was hoping somebody's heard something.

It's supposed to contain 1-3 all as Director's Cuts with a bonus disc. I think TA 4 will be released seperately

Luke T

Grip
I've got a Troma DVD to recommend avoiding. I like it and all, but The Chosen One: Legend Of The Raven DVD from Troma has a defective audio track for the first chapter of the movie (about 10 minutes). You can ONLY listen to the director's commentary and you can't listen to the actual movie audio for the first chapter. Everything after the first you have a choice though. I e-mailed Troma twice at their official site and they didn't respond either time. I wish they'd release a corrected version. :angry:

M

MaxY

Other Troma DVDs worth checking out...

Terror Firmer, Tromeo & Julliet, Surf Nazis Must Die, Cannibal:The Musical (From Trey and Matt of South Park fame) Class of Nukem High.

Max

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
The Terror Firmer 2-disc set is the pride of my whole collection. A Troma movie to end all Troma movies! I agree with Cannibal the Musical. Great movie, amazing disc, best commentary ever!

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
I can also recommend Terror Firmer. I absolutely cannot stand Troma movies, but this one makes me laugh out loud every time.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I've got a Troma DVD to recommend avoiding. I like it and all, but The Chosen One: Legend Of The Raven DVD from Troma has a defective audio track for the first chapter of the movie (about 10 minutes). You can ONLY listen to the director's commentary and you can't listen to the actual movie audio for the first chapter. Everything after the first you have a choice though. I e-mailed Troma twice at their official site and they didn't respond either time. I wish they'd release a corrected version.
They did release a corrected version.

When I got the defictive DVD, I e-mailed the about it and recieved a prompt reply. They offered to exchange the disc for me. I'm sorry to hear that your dealings with them did not go so well.

Scott Bell

Stunt Coordinator
There's no such thing as a "bad" Troma movie. I highly reccomend Terror Firmer, Cannibal-The Musical,Tromeo and Juliet, and Troma's War. There are so many more that just need to be watched. These movies are made for crowds (intoxication not always needed):D

Dan Brodin

Stunt Coordinator
Another vote for Terror Firmer. The 2 disk set is really something. I still haven't listened to all the commentary tracks (3 in total). The R-Rated Easter Egg version is also rather funny.

-Dan

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Surprisingly, Troma does an outstanding job on their releases, at least on the two that I have. I have Cannibal!:The Musical and Redneck Zombies. Cannibal's commentary is worth the price alone, it's hilarious. Redneck Zombies has a whole slew of features as well.

Keith M.

Second Unit
I have a mint condition copy of Terror Firmer which I would love to get rid of...

let me know...

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I rented Terror Firmer (R-Rated) and I'm watching it now.

I love it so far

Also, anybody own the Toxic Avenger DVD?

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I have the Toxic Avenger on DVD.
I have both the original Limited Edition double-sided DVD with a certificate of authenticity signed by Lloyd Kauffman, as well as the daul-layer reissue. :)
Why do you ask?

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I'd like to add my :emoji_thumbsup: to both Terror Firmer and Cannibal: The Musical. Now then, here's a long-winded Troma story...
I was lucky enough to see Terror Firmer in theaters. It was only shown twice, on consecutive Fridays, as a midnite movie.
I went on the opening Friday. It was a horribly snowy night, but Lloyd was going to be there to meet-n-greet us all, so myself and 2 friends went to go see it.
We were the first people to get to the theater, and were bummed because we were told Lloyd was a no-show. His 'people' double-booked him, and he was in England at the time.
But the crowd that showed out was fantastic. Since it was such a snowy night, only the die-hard Troma fans showed up, and there were many. The movie was a riot, and one of the best times I've had at the theaters.
Check out Troma's website for all their other DVD's, from Rowdy Girls, to Teenage Catgirls in Heat, to Fat Guy Goes Nutzoid, there is something for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks