What's new

What's up with the UK Superbit titles? (1 Viewer)

Roland Wandinger

Stunt Coordinator
The first bunch of SB titles to be released in the UK were due on April 1. They have been available for preorder on several UK DVD Sites but have disappeared the day they were supposed to ship?

There have not been any reports on a delay of these titles?

Anybody know something?

Roland Wandinger

Stunt Coordinator
Hendrik
I was referring to the "first batch to be released in the UK". I already have the french T5F SB. Unfortunately Dracula (the title I'm looking for) was not among the SB titles released in France last January!
Strangely Link Removed has several reviews of the UK SB DVDs but no mention of postponement? :frowning:

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
...ahh... look at this:
In a move to increase consumer traffic on their dedicated website, consumers will for a limited time only, be able to purchase this first collection of SuperbitTM titles direct from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment's dedicated area on their home site, which can be accessed directly at: http://www.cthe.co.uk/superbit
end of quote
...sigh...
. . . . . .

Roland Wandinger

Stunt Coordinator
Thanx Hendrik...that explains! Unfortunately Columbia does not ship outside of the UK. Guess I'll have to wait till these are available thru other UK online shops.
They also don't mention for how long they will be available form their online store exclusively?
:frowning:

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I obtained Gattaca - Superbit from Columbia's UK site. Picture and sound are certainly excellent but as I don't have the standard version I cannot compare any differences.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
The UK versions are only being sold via the Columbia Tristar website and not via normal retailers visit www.cthe.co.uk
They claim its so they can assess demand but probably just boosts their profits as you have to pay a full retail price £19.99 plus £3 postage (a complete rip off for UK consumers as usual) and they don't have to offer any discounts to retailers which are passed on to us consumers.

Roland Wandinger

Stunt Coordinator
Malcolm

Do you know for how much longer the UK SB titles will be sold thru CTHV UK only?

Dracula SB has not yet been released anywhere else in a PAL country!

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
Roland,

Am not sure how long they are exclusive, none have the UK news websites have given any timescales.

Many depend how many they sell.

Malcolm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks