What's new

Sudden Death On DVD in OAR? (1 Viewer)

John Sturge

Stunt Coordinator
It's a bad movie. I know, I know. But still, I would like to find it in letterbox, better yet anamorphic video.
Since Universal's old DVD is "pan and scam", is there anyway I can enjoy this popcorn fluff in OAR!?
:)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
For OAR I'm afraid you'll need a laserdisc player. And if you want OAR and 5.1 sound, you'll need the DTS LD. Same with TimeCop.
The only other possiblity is that there are other DVD versions outside region 1, but that's not an area I'm familiar with.
M.

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
of course for both of those titles, the PCM track on the LD is nothing to sneeze at (if you don't feel like paying for the DTS version)

Magnus_M

Stunt Coordinator
The R2-version is OAR (2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen with DD5.1) but that might be of little comfort unless you have a regionfree player and PAL capability.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Is there any chance that Universal might re-release those two? (Sudden Death and Timecop).

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
If you have a region-free DVD player, you can obtain the Region 4 versions in their original aspect ratios and Dolby Digital 5.1 sound.

It doesn't appear as if Universal has plans of revisiting these titles anytime soon.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
These are the only two Van Damme titles I have any interest in, so of course they have to be typical early Universal release P&S. :angry: I'll be picking the UK versions up when I buy a region free player in the fall.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
For OAR I'm afraid you'll need a laserdisc player. And if you want OAR and 5.1 sound, you'll need the DTS LD. Same with TimeCop
I was not aware that "Sudden Death" was ever released on DTS LD. :confused: I have "Hard Target" and "Time Cop" and they're fun in DTS on Laser. The PCM Prologic track for "Sudden Death" on the letterbox LD is fine and dandy.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Philip, there most definitely is a dts version of "Suden Death." I'm pretty sure you can get one on eBay for a reasonable price.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
hey i enjoyed sudden death. if we make a fuss about it, then maybe universal might change there minds. se of baseketball wanted

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks