Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

video games mentioned in movies

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 OFFLINE   Ryan L B

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor

• 880 posts

Posted April 03 2002 - 01:20 PM

here are a few that my brother mentioned. Training Day - When Ethan Hawke goes to Denzel's home, Denzel's son is playing a Dreamcast. Well, you see a DC controller and hear some Atari 2600 sound a like noises, but there's a DC. Enemy of the State - After Will Smith goes shopping for his wife, he goes home to see his son and his friend playing Jet Moto 3 for the Playstation. And Smith does do the typical dad thing. Blocking the TV screen. Also, a coding or card or something is in the form of an NEC Turbo Express/Turbo Grafx-16 cartridge. And you do see a Turbo Express. Big Daddy - After the scene where Sandler meets his adopted son's teacher, you see Julian (son) playing Twisted Metal 3 for the Playstation. Baby Geniuses - When the baby escapes and heads to the mall, you see him briefly playing Crash Bandicoot for the Playstation. The baby comments that it's too easy. Terminator 2 - When John Connor and his friend go to the mall, you see many arcade games like NBA Jam and Afterburner. here is one i saw friday the 13th part 4 the kid is playing some very old atari video game

#2 of 14 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,330 posts

Posted April 03 2002 - 01:43 PM

In Charlie's Angels, you see two kids playing the one-player Final Fantasy 8 when Drew falls into the backyard. In Mallrats, Jason Lee is playing a Sega hockey game (don't remember the name) in his room in the beginning.

#3 of 14 OFFLINE   Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor

• 948 posts

Posted April 03 2002 - 02:18 PM

The fast and the furious - Gran turismo for PS1
My DVD list

#4 of 14 OFFLINE   cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,045 posts

Posted April 03 2002 - 02:37 PM

My favorite video game mention in the movies is from "Ernest Scared Stupid," when Mr. Worrell compares his battle against the trolls to world eight of Super Mario Bros.

#5 of 14 OFFLINE   Martin Fontaine

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor

• 628 posts

Posted April 03 2002 - 08:48 PM

[quote]

Terminator 2 - When John Connor and his friend go to the mall, you see many arcade games like NBA Jam and Afterburner.

[quote] T2 Came out in 1991... NBA Jam came out in 1993... I remember that because I own the SNES version which came out a year after. So you must be confusing it with another Basketball game... Wait, the T's are from the future, so that could explain...
My DVDs | My Equipment
No OAR = No Sale!
If you don't want black bars, then you don't want DVD!

#6 of 14 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 15,127 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted April 03 2002 - 08:55 PM

The kidnapper's kids are playing Doom in Breakdown.

#7 of 14 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted April 03 2002 - 09:18 PM

In 'E.T.', the older brother Micheal is wearing a 'Space Invaders' t-shirt in one scene, and he mentions 'Asteroids' in the same scene. In 'The Goonies', Corey Feldmam mentions 'Pole Position'. In 'Office Space', Peter is seen playing 'Tetris' on his computer at work. And in the movie 'The Wizard', their is all sorts of referrances to 'Nintendo', including equipment like the 'Powerglove'.
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#8 of 14 OFFLINE   MartinTeller

MartinTeller

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted April 03 2002 - 10:49 PM

In "Swingers" they play some hockey game, I think.

Ryan - angling for a "Most Simultaneous Threads in Polls Forum" award? Posted Image

#9 of 14 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 15,127 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted April 03 2002 - 10:49 PM

And, of course, WarGames, which features Galaga.

#10 of 14 OFFLINE   Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy

Producer

• 3,764 posts

Posted April 04 2002 - 08:57 AM

Jaws had the old coin-op Killer Shark

Tommy This had something to do with Foozeball or something, I can't remember Posted Image
"Did you know that more people are murdered at 92 degrees Fahrenheit than any other temperature? I read an article once. Lower temperatures, people are easy-going, over 92 and it's too hot to move, but just 92, people get irritable."

#11 of 14 OFFLINE   Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen

Producer

• 4,119 posts

Posted April 04 2002 - 12:53 PM

You MUST see the movie JOYSTICKS!
Home video oddities, old commercials and other junk: http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeh8nbc

#12 of 14 OFFLINE   Bill J

Bill J

Producer

• 3,970 posts

Posted April 04 2002 - 05:21 PM

[quote]

Ryan - angling for a "Most Simultaneous Threads in Polls Forum" award?

[quote]

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#13 of 14 OFFLINE   Ash Williams

Ash Williams

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted April 05 2002 - 05:58 AM

[quote]

T2 Came out in 1991... NBA Jam came out in 1993... I remember that because I own the SNES version which came out a year after. So you must be confusing it with another Basketball game... Wait, the T's are from the future, so that could explain...

[quote]

I bet the game was Arch Rivals. It was popular around that time.

#14 of 14 OFFLINE   Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen

Producer

• 4,119 posts

Posted April 05 2002 - 11:58 AM

There were a lot of games in T2 that were already pretty old even when the movie came out- the "THE END" screen is from Missile Command, also noticed a Deluxe Space Invaders game. Billy Madison is a great film because Adam Sandler tells a kid that he's wrong when he says Mortal Kombat is the best video game ever, he says Donkey Kong is!
Home video oddities, old commercials and other junk: http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeh8nbc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users