What's new

Ebayers- Anyone try out UPS internet shipping? (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
The closest official UPS Center from me is about a 20 min drive, but the Authorized Centers are within a couple of miles. I always knew that the Authorized Centers charged an additional service fee but my last package cost about double of what the UPS.com calculator estimated. :angry:
I was interested in the UPS internet solution where you can print your own labels and especially *not* pay any extra service fees but still drop off your package at an Authorized Center. Just wondering if anyone has tried out this service, is it a big help or lots of hidden fees, and how much is that little label printer that UPS makes you buy?
Thanks for any help.
edit: ps- Just noticed that Fedex.com has a similar service. How does it compare?

Leo Hinze

Stunt Coordinator
I have used the UPS internet thingy 5 times for stuff I sold on eBay. It works great for me. A couple of times they have added an extra dollar or two to the cost after the fact. I'm not sure exactly why, but I have not been too concerned, as the cost for those items was already over $15, and I did not have accurate weights for the items.

I don't have a special label printer, either. I just print the labels on my inkjet, and then completely tape over them on the box w/ clear packing tape. I give the package to the regular UPS driver that comes to our office everyday, and viola! Painless shipping through UPS.

Craig

Second Unit
I've shipped Fedex Ground using their internet shipping. I just print off the label on my inkjet printer and then drop the package off. I'm usually in and out in less than a minute, they just scan it and that's it, nothing to fill out.

Jay Heyl

Stunt Coordinator
I've used the UPS internet shipping thing a couple times. Both times I dropped the package at a Mail Boxes Etc. a couple blocks from work. The first time I did this was right after they started this program and the guy at MBE refused to accept the package. I called UPS, they called that MBE location, and the guy sheepishly took the package when I returned. The last time I shipped this way they cheerfully accepted my package without question.

PaulG

Stunt Coordinator
I refuse to use MBE after they tried to charge me a $19 pickup fee, almost double the UPS charge. It was only $2 the first time I used them. Office Max near my house is a UPS pickup station and they don't charge any extra. The last time I UPSed a package, the shipping was $6.50 less than the internet quoted me, so I sent the buyer a refund for it, I couldn't justify keeping it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks